Hey,

I�m a happy owner of a Z10. I love the phone, but the contacts app is just a mess.
    I sync my FB contacts, then linked then to phone numbers, the same goes for twitter, bbm....
    Problem is I�d like to sync my contatcs with gmail. I has never quite worked for me. My contacts messed up 2 or 3 times now, I mean duplicate contacts, sometimes 3 or 4 times the same contact showing up, because I also tried to sync my contacts with my adress book on my Mac when i realized gmail sync doesn�t really work with contacts.
    I don�t wanna spend hours to sort my conatcs over and over again. I delted all my gmail contacts, tried to sync my contacts from phone to gmail, but it just wouldn�t work.

Please help. How would you setup contacts sync? how to prevent those messing ups in the future?

Jannik
    09-03-13 01:43 PM
    Hey,

I�m a happy owner of a Z10. I love the phone, but the contacts app is just a mess.
    I sync my FB contacts, then linked then to phone numbers, the same goes for twitter, bbm....
    Problem is I�d like to sync my contatcs with gmail. I has never quite worked for me. My contacts messed up 2 or 3 times now, I mean duplicate contacts, sometimes 3 or 4 times the same contact showing up, because I also tried to sync my contacts with my adress book on my Mac when i realized gmail sync doesn�t really work with contacts.
    I don�t wanna spend hours to sort my conatcs over and over again. I delted all my gmail contacts, tried to sync my contacts from phone to gmail, but it just wouldn�t work.

Please help. How would you setup contacts sync? how to prevent those messing ups in the future?

Jannik
    Fire up a browser (not on your Z10) and start by making sure your contacts aren't messed up in gmail to start with. When finished, export to make a backup. Delete the entire account from your device, then re-add. To finish up, on your Z10 open the Contacts app and make sure you link Facebook, Twitter, BBM, etc contacts to keep it all tidy.
    09-03-13 02:05 PM
    But i delted all my gmail contacts. I want to tidy up my contacts on my phone and sync it over to gmail. is that possible?

how would you set up the account? normal way or carddav?
    09-03-13 02:53 PM
    This sounds nearly as the same problem I have: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...saster-845737/
    09-03-13 02:58 PM
    But i delted all my gmail contacts. I want to tidy up my contacts on my phone and sync it over to gmail. is that possible?how would you set up the account? normal way or carddav?
    That shouldn't be a trial, that's actually how I've added almost all my contacts in gmail. It should be noted that the vast majority were done over the years on the old BBOS, so I can't say with certainty which way you should go about adding them.As to that last post, that thread mentions problems with the SIM - I've had no such issues with duplicate contacts there, but I have had some not save to SIM, but I also wasn't using a SIM on my old Blackberries. So if the SIM could be part of the problem try without or get a different SIM.
    09-03-13 04:20 PM
    Consider yourself lucky. I had 800 contacts synced from my Twitter account and 98% had no number attached to them. Was so god damn annoying.
    09-03-13 04:29 PM
    Change you sync email adress from Gmail to hotmail or outlook and contacts will be back to normal ( the sync anyway) . If you use the search button you should know it is a known sync problem .

Nevertheless you have to go past all contacts when restoring to fix thixls.
    A good app to back up is contactx or the free intouch app. ( I use both just to be sure)

Rocking it steady for over a week now with the contacts, let's hope Google fixes the sync problem soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 04:45 PM
    So basically it is not possible to sync Gmail contacts? What about the calender?

I don't habe an Outlook or Hotmail account and don't want to create one.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 05:12 PM
    09-03-13 07:55 PM
    @smartie yes,there is a glitch in the sync. This is not BlackBerry but google.

When they fix it turn it back on

To keep everything quiet use another email provider for the moment.
    If only for syncing your contacts, go and create an outlook account. It's the fastest way to get everything peacefull again

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:56 PM
    It is not a big problem for me that it doesn't work. How do we know when it works again?

So I ordered my contacts on my phone. Now it's perfect again. Can somebody tell me, if I can export my contacts via e.g. contactX and pit them in the contacts Programm on my Mac. Can the contacts app on a read v card? Cause when I sync my Mac with bb, contacts get messed up again and i have everything twice, duplicates. So is that possible?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 06:47 AM
    Contactx only syncs the phone contacts if I remember correctly. So yes you will have duplicates when transferring.

Edit: statement is also on the contactx site

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 07:40 AM
    Phone contacts would be enough
    Is there any app who can sync every contact though? Cause otherwise their would be no way to properly sync contacts, which is pathetic.
    Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 09:53 AM
    Andybody?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:38 PM
    Pull battery and sim card. Replace sim card and battery...

Trusted Member
    09-05-13 06:46 PM