So when setting up my Z10, my contacts were loaded with all my Facebook friends and the address books from all my email addresses. I've turned them off and unlinked them for each individual contact in my Contacts folder on the BlackBerry however whenever I go to compose a new text etc it's still bringing up the entire list of people from Facebook and all the email addresses as well as the local contacts.

Is there a way to wipe the Contacts database and start over or permanently get rid of all those email address book / Facebook friends showing up?
    02-08-13 02:43 AM
    No one has experienced this? I may have to resort to a Security Wipe and start over... le sigh
    02-08-13 06:52 PM
    Can't you delete Facebook from the hub... and then access Facebook from the app or website?

If you don't want Facebook in the hub anyways, why not delete that account?
    02-08-13 08:11 PM
    I don't think you can wipe that data unless you do not use Facebook app. You can hide it(as you already did) but it will still remain in the system
    02-08-13 08:14 PM
    Yup! Did a Security Wipe, re-added everything and went to compose a text and nothing was showing. Success, right? Wrong. Ten minutes later I tried it again and all the Facebook names are in the list when I go to compose a new text.

Why does it have to be this way? Why can't it just be like before where when I go to compose a new text, only my local contacts on the device come up? That's how I'm sure most, if not ALL people want their contacts list to populate. Not 1200 Facebook friends.

Frustration.
    02-08-13 08:20 PM
    When I delete my Twitter account from the Twitter App, all the Twitter people are removed from the address list. So basically if I want all the Facebook friends to be gone from the contacts list, I have to delete my account from the Facebook App and not use it.

Great job, BlackBerry! Fantastic upgrade.
    02-08-13 08:28 PM
    Isn't the app just a link to the Facebook website anyways, same with twitter? I deleted Facebook and just use the website and now Facebook is neither in my hub or contacts.

Did you want Facebook updates in your hub but no FB in your contacts?
    02-08-13 08:43 PM
    Isn't the app just a link to the Facebook website anyways, same with twitter? I deleted Facebook and just use the website and now Facebook is neither in my hub or contacts.

Did you want Facebook updates in your hub but no FB in your contacts?
    I removed Facebook from my Hub and all my Facebook friends are still showing up in my Contacts when I try to compose a new text. The only way to correct this is to delete my account and not use the Facebook App.

What I want is to be able to use the Facebook App just like I have for years and not have it interfere with my Contacts list AT ALL. I've removed my account from the Twitter App (which is awful anyway) to remove those people from the Contacts list already. Looks like the Facebook App is now useless to me. I was dealing with the random order of the News Feed already but phuq it, the Facebook App is garbage at this point.
    02-08-13 08:48 PM
    There's a few threads with people going through the same thing, have you seen this thread and tried everything recommended?

There was one there about swiping down, pardon me if you have tried all those things.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/facebook-pulling-phone-numbers-do-not-want-768647/#post7945300

Edit * damn, won't let me cut paste address properly
    02-08-13 08:51 PM
    There's a few threads with people going through the same thing, have you seen this thread and tried everything recommended?

There was one there about swiping down, pardon me if you have tried all those things.
    I appreciate the reply. I did see a thread about the Facebook news feed order issue and apparently logging in to Welcome to Facebook and changing the sort order to Most Recent was the fix however when I logged in, mine was already set to that. This was never an issue with the Facebook App on my Torch or Bold. I'm kind of disappointed in how awful this app is at this point.

Was that the fix you read as well? Or did I miss a better fix?
    02-08-13 08:54 PM
    the easiest way to work around this issue, which btw for the sake of my sanity i hope gets fixed soon, is to go to contacts app and the on the contact you want to text/call/email or whatever tap and hold and in the context menu to the right choose the action you want to do
    02-08-13 09:01 PM
    the easiest way to work around this issue, which btw for the sake of my sanity i hope gets fixed soon, is to go to contacts app and the on the contact you want to text/call/email or whatever tap and hold and in the context menu to the right choose the action you want to do
    Yes, you're right. That really is the only work around at this point. I suppose I could just change the path in which I initiate a text conversation but wow, annoying or what? I have to assume this is an issue they'll address in the next release of the Facebook App. I certainly hope so.

Great point though, thanks for that.
    02-08-13 09:04 PM
    I don't have a z yet, so take this with a grain of salt, but I read something about the notifications being controlled in the app?

maybe swipe down from the top in the facebook app to get to its settings to see if you can turn off pulling in all the contacts?
    02-08-13 09:18 PM
    I don't have a z yet, so take this with a grain of salt, but I read something about the notifications being controlled in the app?

maybe swipe down from the top in the facebook app to get to its settings to see if you can turn off pulling in all the contacts?
    You can't actually swipe down inside the Facebook App but you can inside the Contacts folder. And that actually does work for removing the Facebook friends from being populated in the local Contacts list. It just doesn't remove them from being populated when you go to compose a new text and select a contact. As mentioned above, the 'work around' for this annoyance is going into the Contacts folder, selecting a contact and choosing text from there.

Hopefully this is something that is addressed in the next upgrade.

The news feed order is another story. Ha!

Thanks for the try though and rest assured, aside from this annoyance, the Z10 is awesome.
    02-08-13 09:24 PM