I did have whatsapp and deleted it cause even few of my other friends on different OS use it but still the problem exists after a delete

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:10 PM
    Well. Update for me. I finally gave up waiting for it to magically fix itself and deleted my Gmail account and re installed. So far so good. No doubles. Took quite a while to re populate but so far all good. Hope it lasts. Weird how it just today started to happen tho for most. Makes u think. April 1. New month? New quarter? Update for os. Hmmmm. What's Google doing?

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-02-13 07:17 PM
    24 hrs since deleting and re-adding my gmail account and still no more duplicates! Hope I'm in the clear.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:25 PM
    Thanks for the update. Please give us a status report after a day or so.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:25 PM
    I was thinking if there is any way we can overwrite the Google contacts and then sync it back? Do the contacts sync and update between Google and the phone?

Posted via CB10
    ast_ph likes this.
    04-02-13 07:33 PM
    Is the issue Whatsapp related?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:07 PM
    I did not have whatsapp and ever since doing what I reported earlier in this thread I still have no doubles.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:11 PM
    I was thinking if there is any way we can overwrite the Google contacts and then sync it back? Do the contacts sync and update between Google and the phone?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. What u do on ur phone gets synced immed on Google. And vise versa. I just tried again today and yes. It does go both ways. So no. Can't overwrite. Just delete acct from phone then re do

04-02-13 09:29 PM
    Please read carefully. I have yahoo mail and have this problem for sometime. So it is not specific to Google or related to what's app. I am sure it is a z10 issue. BlackBerry needs to address it.

Posted from my lovely Z10
    04-02-13 09:35 PM
    That's not what happening here. This is only a Gmail issue. Not from any other source.
    Well, since you ONLY have gmail, you think that it's only a gmail issue. But I had other sources, i.e, yahoo, not just gmail when this happened to me, and as you read comments below, this is happening not just for gmail accounts.

The poster above also has another source, not just gmail/google.
    04-02-13 09:36 PM
    I deleted the contacts Google account from the Z10, restarted, added the account again, seems to be fine now.

But for how long I guess we'll have to see...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:39 PM
    I deleted the contacts Google account from the Z10, restarted, added the account again, seems to be fine now.

Posted via CB10
    Mee too *fingers crossed *

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:14 PM
    It's so weird some contacts are duplicated some aren't. I don't see a pattern

Gonna try deleting Gmail and re adding it like u guys suggest.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:49 AM
    I had this problem of duplicates, after I unlinked and relinked and got about 200 of my most distant Gmail contacts to populate the Z10 contacts database.

See this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tabase-789091/
    (email contacts database problems).
    It appears that there may be Gmail problems underneath it all. Wait a few days
    before anyone begins gloating or concluding that the concern is resolved.
    04-03-13 01:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did the same, and twelve hours later there are still no duplicates. Tick tock tick tock...
    04-03-13 07:20 AM
    I also had deleted and re installed my GMail accounts and it was fine for a couple of hours and them some of the duplicate contacts came back. I checked my GMail account using my desktop PC and the contacts are not duplicated there so sounds like a z10 sync issue to me?

I also switched my sim card to my HTC 8X backup phone to check and see if the issue was there to? But the contacts where not duplicated on that device, so this leads me to believe it's Blackberry OS10 related? Just basing it off what I have experienced and tried so far, I am still going forward and can work around this for the time being, I just hope a major update is somewhere on the horizon and it's sooner rather then later?
    04-03-13 07:54 AM
    So far after deleting and re-adding my gmail account last night, i havent seen any duplicate contacts come up. So perhaps its been fixed by google as it seems like something went wrong with the backend of google.

Still lets see how long it lasts for.
    04-03-13 07:57 AM
    I also deleted my previous Gmail account and reinstalled last night. So far so good with no duplications.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:00 AM
    I believe this is a z10 problem unfortunately. I have SIM card contacts enabled in the contacts settings page and nothing else. When I add a new contact it creates two separate contacts but links them properly so that they appear as one , so far so good.

After a restart though the contact un links itself and I then have duplicates! Even manually linking then fixes the problem but after a reboot again the contacts unlink and create duplicates.

If anyone can try this themselves that would be great

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:20 AM
    I believe this is a z10 problem unfortunately. I have SIM card contacts enabled in the contacts settings page and nothing else. When I add a new contact it creates two separate contacts but links them properly so that they appear as one , so far so good.

After a restart though the contact un links itself and I then have duplicates! Even manually linking then fixes the problem but after a reboot again the contacts unlink and create duplicates.

If anyone can try this themselves that would be great

Posted via CB10
    I have the same problem pretty much exactly as you describe, but I have no Google account linked.
    I have the problem that contacts unlink after a restart in general.
    I do have Google contacts linked on my PlayBook however, and the Google contacts did double there.
    So it is not just the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:32 AM
    And some triplicates. hmmmm
    Add me to the triplicates team...

Google has been one unreliable service lately. Seriously considering moving me "sync business" somewhere else.
    04-03-13 09:23 AM
    Did you say you "synched" your Gmail contacts to Hotmail? Then that may be the problem.

Instead of doing that. "Export" your Gmail contacts into an Outlook.csv file and then "Import" your contacts into Hotmail using "Import from File".

Finally, try again to import those Hotmail contacts into your Z10 and let us know if that worked.
    Ok so this morning i deleted my gmail contact account and imported my contacts from gmail as a csv file into my hotmail/outlook account.
    Then set up my Z10 to use the outlook contacts rather than using gmail. So far so god, it pulled all my contacts from outlook using my outlook account details and havent seen any sort of dupe or triplicate issues.

Again thanks for the help, think ill just stick with outlook as my contacts and not bother with google anymore.
    AjaxMilanBarcaSC likes this.
    04-03-13 09:38 AM
    Oh, and just so it is clear this is another Google screw up, check your PlayBooks.

Posted via CB10

EDIT: It's been three hours since I deleted the accounts and added them back. All duplicates are here again. I'll try merging them and hoping this prevents more from popping up...
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-03-13 at 12:32 PM.
    04-03-13 10:02 AM
    My duplicates have now returned, about 36 hours after deleting and adding my gmail account back. Bugger.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:31 PM
    My duplicates have now returned, about 36 hours after deleting and adding my gmail account back. Bugger.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Took about 16 hrs.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:55 PM
188 ... 23456 ...