How do I stop the contact list from doubling and tripling my contacts?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:30 AM
    What OS you on? This was an issue on the older OS version but was corrected in new versions. Are they the same contact from the same source or are they from different sources and have not merged?
    11-12-13 09:39 AM
    I got it fixed by doing a security wipe. The tripling of contacts was annoying

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:42 AM
    Open your Contacts app, then swipe down and select settings. Scroll down to see Show Account in Contact List. Unselected the accounts you don't want to show. These accounts may be the source of your issue. If you do want them all to show, then you are going to need to merge your contact list.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    11-12-13 09:44 AM
    I am having more trouble with contacts now, with 10.2 than I had on 10.1, so...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:56 AM
    Delete Skype if you have it. It causes a lot duplication issues.

Posted via CB10
    abiator and iXec like this.
    11-12-13 10:01 AM
    Duplications are still happening.
    Nevertheless a lot less on the newer os-es than before.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:13 PM
    Contacts has not been solid since bb10 came out.

Contacts is a core item and they still do not have it working right.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    Mel25 and cbzeduser like this.
    11-12-13 12:33 PM
    What OS you on? This was an issue on the older OS version but was corrected in new versions. Are they the same contact from the same source or are they from different sources and have not merged?
    I know that was the plan, but my experience has been different. Substantially different.
    11-12-13 12:38 PM
    Contacts don't always merge properly.
    There can be legitimate reasons why this happens.
    Its quite easy to merge contacts once you know how. Its better than having contacts merged when you don't want them too which could happen when you have family members with same name.
    11-12-13 12:52 PM
    Duplications are still happening.
    Nevertheless a lot less on the newer os-es than before.

Posted via CB10
    It happened to me again yesterday when I restarted my phone.....my duplicates are coming from my sim, no biggie as it is only like 4 or 5 that do it now....sometimes they triple, even more. lol, but my contact issue has been straightened out.
    I will not back up to SIM though as it makes a mess, I personally have mine synced with exchange outlook
    Everyone, see if your duplicates come from your sim card...just curious...hit contacts folder - then bottom left - hit all then sim...

White STL100-4 OS10.2.0.1791
    11-12-13 12:54 PM
    Absolutely it's easy to merge contacts. Not so easy if you have over 900 of them.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:55 PM
    I simply just backuped my contacts with contactsimex in App World and then deleted all contacts and restored making sure no doubles were backedup.
    Why I had issues were because I had contacts in local and a duplicate in my SIM card. It was easier just to delete the set and restore than linking each contact one by one. But the FB contacts and Twitter automatically linked fine.
    11-12-13 01:03 PM
    Absolutely it's easy to merge contacts. Not so easy if you have over 900 of them.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    If you got that many could it be something with app permissions for fb or twitter? I only have a hundred or so contacts - seem to recall I had maybe half a dozen duplicates when first used phone. No problem since.
    11-12-13 01:38 PM
    I can't believe that what BlackBerry was so good at is now it's Achilies heel. One year ago I was asked to choose the next phone platform for our company and compared iphone, Samsung and BlackBerry. I chose the 9900 Bold because it was the fastest and best at managing our database contacts 10,000+. You could type part of a contact's name and or company name and in a second all matching records were displayed. It was easy, powerful and fast.

Since then I got my hands on the new Z10 and was disappointed with how badly it handles contacts now, definitely worse of the bunch. When searching it takes about 5-10 seconds to come up with suggested matches and you cannot search in combinations of partial contact name and company name.

The only contacts on my phone are from BlackBerry Link which are synchronised from the company database, yet many duplicates, quadruplicates exist. Not only that since upgrading to 10.2 my phone has been draining the battery in less than 1/2 a day I think because it is doing something with the contacts as many more are appearing.

If I was asked to choose another platform today, I could not suggest BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    11-12-13 01:55 PM
    When I updated to 10.2 contacts that I edited eg added a picture to, were doubled with the picture as a separate contact, it also delinked a few creating doubles and triples. Don't understand why BlackBerry can't get something so basic and important right. Luckily two thirds of my contacts disappeared in 10.1 so I have fewer to deal with now.

Posted via Z10
    11-12-13 04:05 PM
    Im on version 10.1.0.2039 through VZW and my contacts are combining. For example John Smith and Tom Stevens combine to make John Stevens with both contact numbers saved to this contact. Very frustrating. Anyone else experience this?
    11-12-13 08:05 PM
    Some of my contacts quadrupled to a couple hundred. Is there a fix? Because it's a pain to select them all to delete.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:37 PM
    Contacts Are Doubling/Tripling-img_00001386.png

I really love deleting these every few days.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:56 PM
    How do I stop the contact list from doubling and tripling my contacts?

Posted via CB10
    Go to ur contacts app, swipe down for settings, disable all other contacts except contacts on ur sim if they r saved on sim, if they r saved on phone, disable all other contact lists

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 01:27 PM
    My contacts constantly triple and have even quadrupled. It is only the ones that I use often. Incredibly annoying, and something that should have been sorted out months ago. I don't give a hoot about an HDR camera. Fix the things that BlackBerry says they are good at. And while I'm at it, why can't I just start typing a name or number into the dial pad and have the process of elimination bring up my contacts to call. My Samsung dart did this and that was the cheapest phone I could find while waiting for BB10 to come out.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and cbzeduser like this.
    11-13-13 11:24 PM
    I am having issues with this too. Sucks!! Yes I loved this feature on BBOS I could change over to any blackberry restore contacts or whatever and just keep going, Now though BB LINK does not allow you to selectively restore contacts or messages like BlackBerry Desktop did. I would really like to see this ability again. I'm going back to an older Contact backup and trying to recover some data that seems to have been lost. I'm going to use Gmail's contact system and try exporting and importing from there to remove duplicates and get my data all back to normal.
    11-13-13 11:39 PM
    I had same problem since 10.0 in Feb.

I only fixed it by:
    1) backup using "fire chest"
    2) delete all contacts on sim and phone
    3) restore contacts to one place from fire chest
    4 ) use "contactx" to auto merge by name - Remember to keep hitting merge until all the names are gone

Although it only bandaids the problem doesn't solve it... 10.2.1 has some changes I've seen

My biggest gripes with contacts - even when you turn off Facebook contacts they still show up and same with Skype
    Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    11-13-13 11:51 PM
    Same problem here, running 10.2

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:18 AM
    The annoying part here is I thought I had it fixed but even though I have it set to only sync with outlook, my other accounts keep linking back in like the undead.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:48 AM
42 12