So first I'd like to say I know there's lots of threads on this topic but none of them are helping and getting pushed into the depths of the CB thread vault.

Contacts is a mess and contactX is not working to help either. Every time the z10 is rebooted all the doubles return. On top of doubles, contacts app deletes people on me. For instance when I type in a number to text it shows the persons name like it knows who I'm texting, for example...

Contacts app needs to be a priority-img_00000823.png

But when I go to contacts, Cindy is clearly not there along with about 30 other names that should be

Contacts app needs to be a priority-img_00000824.png

I have used contact X at least 5 times

Contacts app needs to be a priority-img_00000822.png

But as you can see it doesn't work

Contacts app needs to be a priority-img_00000826.png

I have 700 contacts that have turned into over 1500 now and I cannot deal with this. This will make or break my 10 year love for blackberry and I need the crackberry community on board with me to fight BlackBerry to fix this ASAP. I didn't pay $700 for a crappy 1st generation build. I also want to mention I have since day one turned off syncing contacts with any 3rd party site. If there's anything else you think I can try or do please share. But what I want is for everyone to yell loud at blackberry to fix these issues that should had been fixed a year ago.

Just a side note that I've added 4 or 5 pics to this thread to help show my problems. CB10 doesn't like pics so it may be better to read this thread on a PC to get the full thing.

Thx
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 07-03-13 at 10:39 PM.
    05-26-13 01:55 PM
    They shld learn from android about how their contact is so neatly sync and organise. The white background is a pain, the contact sync with skype is arghhh. Tedo from scratch i say...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:19 PM
    This is what I did signed on to Gmail on my pc and added all my contacts then I deleted all contacts from phone sim card and all... loaded 10.1 it synced all contacts and ever since I haven't had any contacts issues no double contacts nothing. I know it's a bit time consuming but it works for me try it if u have the time. Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    creowano likes this.
    05-26-13 02:25 PM
    I simply dont have two full days to enter over 700 contacts into my phone. I wish I did.... They were fine on my 9860 and transferred from there. I am also very reluctant on giving anymore info to google then I need to including all my contacts. Call me crazy but I just dont trust google and anything they touch.

My 10 year old ericson dealt with contacts better then this useless application. The thing is Im scared to go into a telus store and ask them for help because unlike an apple store which they "really help", Telus will just tell me to trade it in for an SG4 or IP5. The blackberry forums are horrible and useless and crackberry is really my only option for help.

Please help Kevin and Bla1ze , please ... I want to stick around for another 10 years, but .....
    05-26-13 02:29 PM
    10 years of contacts tallied up to 700.. time for spring cleaning have a seat, and spend a few hours with your phone I think you will find some contacts you haven't used for years.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:41 PM
    10 years of contacts tallied up to 700.. time for spring cleaning have a seat, and spend a few hours with your phone I think you will find some contacts you haven't used for years.

Posted via CB10
    Actually just did that a year ago when I topped 1200 contacts lol... Im quite business centric and have 3 companies. I must have over 50 family members, 200 regular friends and the rest is clients, business and help centers for the many products I sell. Im a go go go kind of guy and my phone should reflect my lifestyle. Wish I could get rid of more contacts but in reality I keep gaining 2 or 3 new clients each week and I need to know whos who when they're calling because unlike Blackberry, customer service is top priority for me which is why my business is doing so well.
    05-26-13 02:53 PM
    Agree that Contacts is a mess. BlackBerry10 will automatically merge local contacts with, say, a BBM contact but it will still show the "Invite to BBM" button. Huh?

Wish we could choose which Facebook fields are shown. I don' t need to know what university my friends went to.

Why does Contacts assume that I can text to every phone number?

Does BBM, BBM Voice and BBM Video have to have their own line or field? Why not just show an icon beside the BBM pin?

Would love a different icon for the Anniversary field.

How Activity works under each contact is a mystery to me. It shows emails that are in no way related to the contact.
    05-26-13 02:58 PM
    Still no fixes for this 6 months later ... incompetent they are. Its just ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 04:39 PM
    Still no fixes for this 6 months later ... incompetent they are. Its just ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    Agree totally. I stopped recommending this phone to people several months ago simply because the Contacts app and the way it is integrated with the Phone Dialer and Caller ID and Call/Activity Log is FUBAR.

The recent earnings release indicates clearly that Blackberry needs to convert as many existing OS7 users as possible to have a hope of survival, but they are ignoring critical functionality like Contacts which is still broken, six months after launch.
    07-03-13 05:02 PM
    The only thing I hate is forced 'linking' of contacts with facebook twitter and linkedin. Even when switched off the linked contacts keep displaying in the list. I've redone my list countless times. This needs to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    ronwayne likes this.
    07-14-13 01:37 PM
    + 1, Contacts is still a mystery to me. I have a contact as a gmail contact which has her email and all phone numbers. I also have her LinkedIn, Facebook and bbm accounts linked. But in order for me to see her as a contact in the phone app I need to turn on LinkedIn in the contacts app settings and see those contacts also. It makes no sense. On another occasion my wife updated her bbm name and it changed her full name on my main contact for her on my phone. We won't even begin to talk about what Whatsapp does.

I love this phone as a daily driver but they have work to do here.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:50 PM
    Survival is priority.
    07-14-13 04:24 PM
    Agreed. Contacts app is horrible. Mine jus randomly unlink, some go missing. Being a business minded phone manufacturer, BlackBerry should have a solid contact app. So far it's really disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:25 PM
    Other things I hate about Contacts:

Why have "Call Work" or "Email Home" under each phone number or email address? There is an icon right beside the number or email address that identifies the info.

Add a phone icon and a text icon after the phone number instead of wasting space to show me the same phone number for a phone call and then show it for a text number. BlackBerry you are not using the screen real estate efficiently.

Why is every address field on its own line? Merge the City, Province/State and Postal Code into a single line so I don't have to scroll down to see the address.

Where are groups or tags?
    07-15-13 06:47 AM
    Yeah, and why havd the links of FB, Outlook, SIM and Local have a contact's birthday all SEPERATE IN SEPERATE LINES? Why can't this hyper sophisticated phone not just merge that???
    07-15-13 06:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have 409 contacts, which became 800 when I synced with BES and 1200 with IMAP. What I did was wipe the phone, went into outlook, made sure all contacts were up to date, and synced them using Link. I turned off contacting sync with all my accounts, and I can say I'm a happy camper now.
    07-23-13 11:46 PM
    Survival is priority.
    BlackBerry's survival depends on how well these core apps work for their customers.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:13 AM
    If 10.2 doesn't fix this problem, I might actually HAVE to switch to a phone that can keep all my contacts organized.. -_-

Never thought I'd leave BB. Never thought I'd leave BB because of it's CONTACTS app - or a lack of....

Really disappointing.
    07-26-13 08:25 AM
    If 10.2 doesn't fix this problem, I might actually HAVE to switch to a phone that can keep all my contacts organized.. -_-

Never thought I'd leave BB. Never thought I'd leave BB because of it's CONTACTS app - or a lack of....

Really disappointing.
    I agree. Something basic like this doesn't work right is just embarrassing. Unbelievable...

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 08:53 AM
    I simply dont have two full days to enter over 700 contacts into my phone. I wish I did.... They were fine on my 9860 and transferred from there. I am also very reluctant on giving anymore info to google then I need to including all my contacts. Call me crazy but I just dont trust google and anything they touch.

My 10 year old ericson dealt with contacts better then this useless application. The thing is Im scared to go into a telus store and ask them for help because unlike an apple store which they "really help", Telus will just tell me to trade it in for an SG4 or IP5. The blackberry forums are horrible and useless and crackberry is really my only option for help.

Please help Kevin and Bla1ze , please ... I want to stick around for another 10 years, but .....
    Have you spoken directly to BlackBerry tech support over the phone for help? Sometimes they won't speak with you unless you pay them a few bucks but it may be worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 10:00 AM
    I paid for a working phone and paid for contact X and paid for an optimizer... now I need to pay bb more. not going over well with me!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:34 AM
    Have you given IntouchApp a try yet? It does not have contact display yet, but it works hard to ensure your phone contacts stay sane! No duplicates and even if you lose contacts from device, they can be restored easily.
    08-01-13 04:19 PM
    Do not and I repeat - do not use Intouch. It created an absolute mess on my three phones and computer. The Z10 created a massive problem with my 1280 contacts. All of them are valid by the way. I tried intouch and it duplicated some and erased some. I ended up going through each contact and fixing them as best I could. I lost data on many of my contacts and I am slowly rebuilding it all again. I returned the Z10 and got a windows phone. I love the windows phone. I still have a 9930 and a playbook, but I will not ever use another BB10 device. Not worth the risk. My business depends on contacts. The BB10 phones are nothing like the business accessory the legacy devices were.
    08-01-13 07:21 PM
    Hello fly_branch. Sorry to hear about your problem. We store entire change history for your contacts. So even if for some reason contacts are messed up, they can be restored to any point in the past! Did you contact our support? You wouldn't have to do this manually.

Please note that there are many factors that affect your contacts outide of IntouchApp. So it is possible that something else screwed up the contacts and IntouchApp simply synced those wrotng contacts across devices. We can help you restore to any point.. just contact us!
    fulcrum777 likes this.
    08-02-13 12:38 AM
    Can you explain exactly what your app does to help? I get phone #s that go missing, info attached to the wrong name, dups, etx

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:07 AM
33 12