Hi to all, I'm coming back here with this issue which persist TOO much!
    Please send me feedbacks if you have same experiences:
    - open phone app ( you know? When from time to time want to call somebody.... which in these days all phone producers seems to let it on the last line in developing....)
    - go to contacts to search the targeted person
    And here the monsters come to life :
    -Lag �n founding a name
    -sometimes you don't find the person because probably the services is in action and...what the heck happens there I don't understand...
    - rolling in the contacts list show large white passages...wait a little and after 3-6 seconds the names appears

Sometimes the issues are so frustrating that I exit and go directly in contact app. Search the person and call it from there. It is more easy but there is also there some lags in founding names.
    I have 1600 contacts, each of them ha e multiple phone numbers and email, and different other info.
    Hope this is not an issue for BlackBerry OS...
    Could be from this latest update ( 10.2.1.2102- STL-1, Vodafone)?

And there is an old problem that persist : WHY WE DON'T HAVE YET THE CONTACTS PREDICTION DIRECT �N PHONE APP DIALPAD? It's more simple and efficient. Go to DIALPAD search the letters and find all the persons predicted, and find in the final the targeted contact/number. Why we don't have this simple feature ? Look at legacy devices OS if you BlackBerry programmers forget it.

I intend to make a group of all users which have this problem in order to be a more powerful voice more easy to be heard by Mr Chen or other guys from manager team( especially from OS design Dept! )
    TELL ME IF YOU'LL JOIN!

Proudly Z10 owner
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-02-14 02:35 AM
    Hi to all, I'm coming back here with this issue which persist TOO much!
    Please send me feedbacks if you have same experiences:
    - open phone app ( you know? When from time to time want to call somebody.... which in these days all phone producers seems to let it on the last line in developing....)
    - go to contacts to search the targeted person
    And here the monsters come to life :
    -Lag �n founding a name
    -sometimes you don't find the person because probably the services is in action and...what the heck happens there I don't understand...
    - rolling in the contacts list show large white passages...wait a little and after 3-6 seconds the names appears

Sometimes the issues are so frustrating that I exit and go directly in contact app. Search the person and call it from there. It is more easy but there is also there some lags in founding names.
    I have 1600 contacts, each of them ha e multiple phone numbers and email, and different other info.
    Hope this is not an issue for BlackBerry OS...
    Could be from this latest update ( 10.2.1.2102- STL-1, Vodafone)?

And there is an old problem that persist : WHY WE DON'T HAVE YET THE CONTACTS PREDICTION DIRECT �N PHONE APP DIALPAD? It's more simple and efficient. Go to DIALPAD search the letters and find all the persons predicted, and find in the final the targeted contact/number. Why we don't have this simple feature ? Look at legacy devices OS if you BlackBerry programmers forget it.

I intend to make a group of all users which have this problem in order to be a more powerful voice more easy to be heard by Mr Chen or other guys from manager team( especially from OS design Dept! )
    TELL ME IF YOU'LL JOIN!

Proudly Z10 owner
    Nope, I won't be joining because I have none those issues on any of my BB 10 device and I have 2 Z10's, a Z30 & a Q5
    Mind you, I only have about 850 contacts with multiple numbers so I don't know if that makes a difference but I have zero issues with lag or finding people.
    05-02-14 02:42 AM
    I have no issue but my brother's Z10 does

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-02-14 04:07 AM
    Maybe a STL-100-1 problem? Some guys estate in the beginning of the Z that the 1 is different, but now the soft is the same for all the 1, 2,3 and 4.
    So? What is the problem ?
    Please note that I'm a software oriented guy, I know all the fine running issues that a OS can have.
    What the heck can be ? Because this issues is irritating.

Proudly Z10 owner
    05-02-14 03:59 PM
    I am so frustrated with the contacts app, I don't even really want to respond to this thread.
    I'm sick & tired of mentioning all the crap that goes along with it.

@OP-Everything you mentioned plus 50 more issues...................................
    05-02-14 04:22 PM
    Oh, brother, sorry. You seems to be more unhappy than me. I'm not yet sick and tired and hope BlackBerry will solve the problem. I'm sure they will take care just if more and more complains will be sending it to them. But if we are just 2-3 people annoyed by this issue...

Proudly Z10 owner
    05-03-14 12:21 AM
    I hope they fix things for the better as well.
    That doesn't mean I won't be honest about my experience about the contacts app or Link!
    I've just come to the conclusion that the current iterations are the spawn of satan.
    05-03-14 01:50 AM
    With the last update, I started getting contact lag. But I as I am writing this and messing with my contacts, I see a 'null' linked contact to one of my favorites (Named link with no associated data underneath it where you can see data under all the other links). Dropping that link seemed to fix it...or at least so far.
    05-06-14 04:00 PM
    I have major lag issues, duplicate issues, link issues, search issues and disappearing contacts issues. I went off about it in a previous thread that I started. Said thread was inexplicably closed by a moderator.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 04:09 PM
    Got the same problem. Suddenly gone suddenly appears.. it's annoying that I have to saved their numbers again and it says contact exists.. but if I tried to search it, it doesn't seem to be found!!

How annoying and BlackBerry is not even trying to respond at least?!!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 04:20 PM
    My contacts app refuses to change to dark theme (tried everything), has lag, and doesn't always respond to buttons I press within the app, hoping it's fixed soon, its frustrating on OS 10.2.1.
    05-06-14 04:36 PM
    I have issues with contacts as well. Fortunately for me they are intermittent in nature. I don't know why BlackBerry doesn't fix it. Apparently the appearance of the icons and having more folders for apps is a higher priority.

Sometimes restarting will fix things for awhile.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-06-14 07:43 PM
    I have issues with contacts as well. Fortunately for me they are intermittent in nature. I don't know why BlackBerry doesn't fix it. Apparently the appearance of the icons and having more folders for apps is a higher priority.

Sometimes restarting will fix things for awhile.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. the contacts app should be the most important. hoopefully, they are working on .ore than icon design.
    05-06-14 08:01 PM
    2 things Blackberry have to and must be working on for next release: Blackberry link and contacts.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-06-14 09:55 PM
    So why just you guys seem to have this problem? What about the rest of users. The contacts app isn't the core of our Smartphones? The way of dialing a number searched from Contacts App isn't important? The CONTACTS PREDICTION DIRECT IN THE DIALPAD ( like in the legacy OS) isn't important? Our BlackBerry's became by every update more and more competitive but seems to forget the very important basics!

Proudly Z10 owner
    05-07-14 10:51 PM