Quick question for the community. I have a previous Link full backup and want to pull off some phone contacts and names off that backup without installing it onto my Z to view them because I then have to reinstall the newer backup.

I'm wondering if there's a way or a program to extract the info from the backup. I'm fairly tech say so if it includes command line and such, I can do it as long as I've got clear instructions.
    09-02-13 04:44 PM
    Short answer: not possible in newer backups

The backups are encrypted for some time now. and as they can not be manipulated and played back at this time, noone broke that encryption which somehow is based on the BBID. I learned that on a totally different thread, so it might be inaccurate but true in general

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:48 PM
    So is there like a program or will Link view it? I have the password since it's my backup.

I don't really need to extract it just view the number and name.
    09-02-13 04:55 PM
    As far as I know, no.
    The backups are encrypted even if you don't set a password and sadly there is no option in link to view them

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:57 PM
    if you rename the bb10 bbb file to a .zip you get the three archived items inside application data, media, and settings in .tar format, is there any way to view this format?
    11-28-13 02:22 PM
    They seem very encrypted so no.

I fixed my problem by just restoring the old file to my phone then using contactsimex free from App World and it made a vcard file archive of all my contacts. I then restored to mynewest backup.
    11-28-13 05:53 PM