Hello.
    A friend of mine has a Z10 STL 100-2 running OS 10.2.0.424 and noticed that one of his contacts that is now saved as a favourite changes "property/setting"... The contact has been saved from SIM-Card, then deleted from SIM. The contact's Phone number came over as "work", but it was a "private" number so he changed it to private number. But after 10min or so, the contact's Number returned to be shown as "work"... My friend does not synch with any method, he did not plug BB-Link to import the contacts from SIM and in the phone settings, he shows only phone/BBM contacts.
    Any solution for this?

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - Running OS 10.2.1.537
    02-12-14 11:13 PM
    Sounds like a lot going on. LOL
    I have had some similar issues.

First off, Is 10.2.1.1925 OS available for the device?
    Second, any links to the contact (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc)?

My issues mainly were with SIM card contacts and Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc) links. Let me know.

Thanks,

Brian
    02-12-14 11:28 PM
    Sounds like a lot going on. LOL
    I have had some similar issues.

First off, Is 10.2.1.1925 OS available for the device?
    Second, any links to the contact (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc)?

My issues mainly were with SIM card contacts and Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc) links. Let me know.

Thanks,

Brian
    He sayed, he didn't get any notification of the new OS... wired, coz same carrier, although mine is Q10 SQN -3 directly bought from T-Mobile-DE, his is Z10 -2 bought from eBay in which he inserted his T-mo sim... I have BIS, he has not! I suggested to put my SIM card in, he refused, fearing to mess up his contacts list... by asking why, he came up with this issue and I offered my help... since I did not solve it, I am asking here for him.

As said, he imported from SIM and then deleted contacts from SIM. He has no social media contacts, but in his settings he set up: show contcats from Device/BBM/Social but turned off showing contacts from SIM... as soon as he changes the dropdown to "private number" and saves, in the favourite list, the contcat changes displaying the number to "private"... but when he comes back to it after a while he finds it back saved/shown as "work"...

I asked him if he synchs his contacts or if he shares it from a "social-source"... he denied firmly...

Oh, and I looked if the contact is linked... no, the only number for that contact... Contact name, number...

How have you solved you case?
    Thanks

02-12-14 11:44 PM
    Little confused but I'll see what I can help with.

First off - If you can get the update then so should he. Don't wait for a notification Go to "Setting" then click "Software Updates" See what's there.

Second, I am confused about the "Private" vs "Work" are you talking about BlackBerry Balance? And no you probably don't have BIS you might have BES. Is his phone connected to a BES account for work?

Typically my problem was that Facebook had a "phone number" stored online and would add that number to the contact in my contacts list. When I didn't want that number and deleted it, it would show back up a couple minutes later. I think a software upgrade fixed this. I had similar issues with SIM contacts info.

Another thing I do (for multi-linked contacts) is
    -Open contact
    - Click "Links(3)"
    - Click "Unlink" on the links I think might be causing problems
    - Then delete or re-link or alter the un-linked files
    - And then possibly re-link them

Play around. Another option is to delete this contact and manually re-enter it. See if it still changes magically. Or try changing the contact when there is no wifi/carrier network connected (easiest way is to put it in airplane mode) and see if it still changes in 10 minutes.

Brian
    02-13-14 12:10 AM
    Little confused but I'll see what I can help with.

First off - If you can get the update then so should he. Don't wait for a notification Go to "Setting" then click "Software Updates" See what's there.

Second, I am confused about the "Private" vs "Work" are you talking about BlackBerry Balance? And no you probably don't have BIS you might have BES. Is his phone connected to a BES account for work?

Typically my problem was that Facebook had a "phone number" stored online and would add that number to the contact in my contacts list. When I didn't want that number and deleted it, it would show back up a couple minutes later. I think a software upgrade fixed this. I had similar issues with SIM contacts info.

Another thing I do (for multi-linked contacts) is
    -Open contact
    - Click "Links(3)"
    - Click "Unlink" on the links I think might be causing problems
    - Then delete or re-link or alter the un-linked files
    - And then possibly re-link them

Play around. Another option is to delete this contact and manually re-enter it. See if it still changes magically. Or try changing the contact when there is no wifi/carrier network connected (easiest way is to put it in airplane mode) and see if it still changes in 10 minutes.

Brian
    Thanks, we'll play around a bit...
    It is this: (screenshot)... When entering a contact with a single entry, the number is shown as business/work, not private/mobile... switches back everytime :-(

Contact changing not saved-img_20140213_082728.png

02-13-14 01:29 AM
    I could not find my sister's entry the other day. I searched for her name and did not find it. But I was sure that her name and separate entry should be in my Contacts. I also knew that I had entered her as an ICE (In case of emergency) entry. When going there (to the ICE entry) I found that all of her information was LINKED to her real name. NOT facebook or anything else. I really don't know how this Link feature works but I did NOT set anything up. So I am guessing that the Z10 and its Contact app created these links. And that caused her REAL NAME entry to be missing or hidden. I EDITED and manually severed or ended the LINKing. Now she appears.

I am going to try checking all my Contacts to make sure no one else is similarly LINKed or whatever.
    02-13-14 08:53 AM
    Have you opened Contacts, slide down from top, choose Settings, there is
    Show Account In Contact List. All of mine are set to OFF. HTH.
    02-13-14 11:32 AM