Hey folks my z 10 for the past few days has constantly been restarting. Minimum of 6 times today. Swapped batteries and still same problem. I find that if it just gets tapped the wrong direction it restarts. I have the tape on end of battery to keep it more secure and the business card trick as well in between the battery and actual phone. It's been fine for so long but like I said past few day's especially today it's driving me bonkers!!!!

Cheers folks
    10-04-15 04:28 PM
    Time for a new phone. The Z10 had rebooting issues from the beginning. I never experienced it on my Z10 but have read threads on this and the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:45 PM
    NM...
    10-04-15 04:48 PM
    U

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:54 PM
    Use Auto loader and reload OS, damaged OS FILES.
    Of course back up with BlackBerry Link first and then run a clean wipe on device.

Michael Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:56 PM
    Use Auto loader and reload OS, damaged OS FILES.
    Of course back up with BlackBerry Link first and then run a clean wipe on device.

Michael Z10

Posted via CB10
    Exactly how long of a process would that take you think? I'm truly fed up. Other then the z10 size and the swipe typing, I've had enough of this bad boy. Thinking stay with blackberry and get a z30 or time to jump ship. The new Priv slider doesn't really do it for me since I've always had touch devices. Not a fan of the physical keyboard. Just wish z10 had a equivalent replacement. Sorry if I'm rambling too much.

Ohh and now I've had my phone on charge and the charge % is going down instead of up! Using the original charger that came with my device. That's all for now folks!!!

Cheers
    10-04-15 05:03 PM
    I had similar problem it use to restart himself, problem was with loose battery. Try to put something small ( like a small peace of paper,like I did it) thats the way I fixed.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 03:39 PM
    I gently place my phone down at times it restarts! Just got out of my car forgetting it was in my lap and smashes to the ground it doesn't skip a beat. Go figure!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 07:26 PM
    I gently place my phone down at times it restarts! Just got out of my car forgetting it was in my lap and smashes to the ground it doesn't skip a beat. Go figure!

Posted via CB10
    Definitely sounds like a loose battery connection.
    12-18-15 11:39 AM
    I get this, but not as much. Say once in three days it will reboot randomly. Same on my Z10. I think it's a software problem. Hopefully it will get addressed.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 11:48 AM
    I get this, but not as much. Say once in three days it will reboot randomly. Same on my Z10. I think it's a software problem. Hopefully it will get addressed.

Posted via CB10
    If it is restarting as a result of laying it down on a table, most likely it is a loose battery or other connection.
    Tatwi likes this.
    12-18-15 12:10 PM
    If it is restarting as a result of laying it down on a table, most likely it is a loose battery or other connection.
    I don't think so because it wasn't the case under previous OS versions

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 05:11 PM
    I don't think so because it wasn't the case under previous OS versions

Posted via CB10
    Yes, a lot of them had the problem of restarting, but, if you set a phone on a table, and it restarts right then, and does that repeatedly, it is a very good chance that it is a loose connection, most likely the battery. Clean the terminals, and if that doesn't work, wedge something in between the end of the battery and the case. Or, if you really know what you are doing, bend the contact back into shape.

Sorry, that is just basic trouble shooting. If it is repeatable when setting it down, it is most likely a loose connection.
    12-18-15 06:51 PM

Posted via CB10

If it is random, it is possible it is software. Of course my replies were regarding the OP's issue, not yours.
    12-18-15 06:52 PM
    If it is random, it is possible it is software. Of course my replies were regarding the OP's issue, not yours.
    Yes of course. OP's could well be a hardware problem because he gets it so much more often

Posted via CB10
    PHughes and 007Storm like this.
    12-19-15 01:15 AM
    Yes of course. OP's could well be a hardware problem because he gets it so much more often

Posted via CB10
    I hope you get yours sorted out. What OS are you running?
    12-19-15 12:10 PM
    Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639. Same on my Z10. BTW, it's going from bad to worse. I'm getting it daily now.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 05:09 PM
    The battery connections are tiny spring loaded pins. They are very short and any excess space on the battery socket could cause them to lose connection to the battery when the battery moves around. No battery, instant power off.

Seems very likely it is a loose battery or problem with the pins.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and 007Storm like this.
    12-20-15 07:43 AM
    Yep. I'd check to see if the springs are working.
    007Storm likes this.
    12-20-15 08:03 AM
    Yep. I'd check to see if the springs are working.
    Hey Folks ill play around with the springs. Ive already have tape on top of the battery to wedge it snug into place. But its very random. I could go a day with zero reboots to a day with over 15 reboots. Doing all the same thing taking it out of my pocket etc. Was just shocked how a full force smash and slide down my driveway on the concrete didn't cause a reset! lol So need a new phone just wish Blackberry could have made a Z10 2.0 I know Z30 is out there but this phone is much older as well.

Cheers folks
    12-21-15 01:15 PM
    If you're looking for something cheap, the Leap is a solid phone. It's not fancy but should do nicely as a replacement for your Z10.

Plus you can get them easily on shopbb.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:39 AM
    That is why I am now using an Iphone 6, my Z10 which I love started the rebooting and just dying at random. I miss it, but since BB has decided to go the Android route I could see the "end was near". I hate android and I miss my Z but its time to move on.
    12-22-15 12:06 PM