Basically I will be coming from a BES, which currently supports notes, of course, but when I used an android device for 1 week, during that period I was forced to use AS, which did not support notes.
    03-24-13 12:25 AM
    Basically I will be coming from a BES, which currently supports notes, of course, but when I used an android device for 1 week, during that period I was forced to use AS, which did not support notes.

Exchange ActiveSync definitely supports notes syncing, but various vendor implementations all have different idiosyncracies.

Microsoft licenses the technology to various companies but does not dictate how extensively a particular implementation follows all the functionality.

Comparison of Exchange ActiveSync clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    03-24-13 12:53 AM
    Which exact Google service is your work Gmail calendar using?

If they are using a "free" Google service, ActiveSync hasn't been available since the end of January for new devices. (IE if you had already setup a device with that protocol it will theoretically still work, if you just tried to connect a Z10 to it over the last month, it will NOT work)
    I have seen posts here and there regarding fixes. My personal Google calendar is not working either. I would be indebted for direction to a fix.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 09:41 AM
    I have seen posts here and there regarding fixes. My personal Google calendar is not working either. I would be indebted for direction to a fix.

Will be glad to help if you give me the info I asked you for.

Google has several different types of services, some are "free", some cost money. Are you using one of their "free" services, or do you pay them money? This determines what options are available to you.
    oldmanjenkins likes this.
    03-24-13 10:28 AM
    Thanks for the help. The company I work for uses Google. Uncertain if it is the free version. What can I do to determine if it is free versus pay? My personal Google calendar is through the free version.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the help. The company I work for uses Google. Uncertain if it is the free version. What can I do to determine if it is free versus pay? My personal Google calendar is through the free version.
    Well the important point to know is that if you are on the free version, and you are setting-up a brand-new device, the "Exchange ActiveSync" method of connecting is not available to you.

The paid products are ie "Google Apps for Business". I believe there is a free "Google Apps", but it has limited functionality. I'm not an expert on all their tiers and marketing names, which unfortunately tend to change frequently.

Exchange ActiveSync or EAS tends to be the more reliable and efficient protocol, but you should still be able to get email/contact/calendar sync working with Gmail with the other option, which means:

IMAP protocol for email
    CardDAV protocol for contacts
    CalDAV protocol for calendars

Actually the above settings are the default when using the "Gmail" or Google option in Account Setup.

Here is a Google thread that includes references to how to set it up with CardDAV/CalDAV, if you want to consider doing it manually:

Google Groups discussion thread

Here are various other documents and tips, including 2-factor authentication and some bug reports:

KB33504-2-step verification with Google Apps accounts on BlackBerry 10
    KB33565-Gmail calendar items are not populated on the device in a timely manner after integration
    KB33458-Unable to add or modify CalDAV Gmail calendar account
    KB33470-Gmail Calendar not available in Calendar drop-down list when creating a new event on the BlackBerry 10 Smartphone
    oldmanjenkins likes this.
    03-24-13 11:25 AM
    I started using office 365 exchange for 45 bucks a year a year ago. It works great and I would recommendthis solution for a full outlook sync. better than any solution out there
    03-24-13 11:46 AM
    Well the important point to know is that if you are on the free version, and you are setting-up a brand-new device, the "Exchange ActiveSync" method of connecting is not available to you.

The paid products are ie "Google Apps for Business". I believe there is a free "Google Apps", but it has limited functionality. I'm not an expert on all their tiers and marketing names, which unfortunately tend to change frequently.

Exchange ActiveSync or EAS tends to be the more reliable and efficient protocol, but you should still be able to get email/contact/calendar sync working with Gmail with the other option, which means:

IMAP protocol for email
    CardDAV protocol for contacts
    CalDAV protocol for calendars

Actually the above settings are the default when using the "Gmail" or Google option in Account Setup.

Here is a Google thread that includes references to how to set it up with CardDAV/CalDAV, if you want to consider doing it manually:

Google Groups discussion thread

Here are various other documents and tips, including 2-factor authentication and some bug reports:

KB33504-2-step verification with Google Apps accounts on BlackBerry 10
    KB33565-Gmail calendar items are not populated on the device in a timely manner after integration
    KB33458-Unable to add or modify CalDAV Gmail calendar account
    KB33470-Gmail Calendar not available in Calendar drop-down list when creating a new event on the BlackBerry 10 Smartphone
    Awesome I am going to give it a go.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 12:47 PM
    Awesome I am going to give it a go.

The initial post in the following thread gives good step-by-step instructions.

However the main impetus of the post was, at the time, a bug in the Z10 software that caused sync delays. Recent versions of the software solved that issue, so the instructions to "wait a lot" are probably not necessary like they were when that post was first made, but the general instructions are still good.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-bb10-773786/

I don't recall you mentioning which software version you have, should be on the "about" page of the settings dialogue. There are 2 numbers:

Software release version
    OS version

Would be good to check and make sure you don't have one of the older versions with the sync bugs.
    03-24-13 06:27 PM
    I just order my Z10 from Verizon in white! Thanks for all your help! I plan on setting up my Z10 to sync with outlook by using google apps for Buisness and the hosted BES for google apps from exchange my mail.
    03-28-13 12:54 PM
    Which exact Google service is your work Gmail calendar using?

If they are using a "free" Google service, ActiveSync hasn't been available since the end of January for new devices. (IE if you had already setup a device with that protocol it will theoretically still work, if you just tried to connect a Z10 to it over the last month, it will NOT work)
    So my Google Apps (paid Gmail) should still sync everything, correct?

And on my personal Gmail, can I sync multiple calendars with CalDAV?
    03-28-13 10:39 PM
    May I suggest you guys look into office 365 exchange. I have been using it for 2 years now and it's great. Z10 synced up in no time at all. It's only like 45 bucks a year and you don't have Google in your life every step of the way. Notes end up being in the remember folder. It took a while to catch on. The more I use this device the more I see the genius thoughts built into this OS

Posted via Z10
    03-31-13 02:18 AM
    So my Google Apps (paid Gmail) should still sync everything, correct?

And on my personal Gmail, can I sync multiple calendars with CalDAV?

Yes to both.

Technically you can sync contacts/calendars via IMAP too (using CardDAV for contacts and CalDAV for calendar items), but EAS does have some advantages in other respects. (Which depend on the implementation. I have not tested Google's EAS implementation personally.)
    03-31-13 12:25 PM
    Ok finally got my Z10 and it works beautifully with Google apps for Business and the hosted BESx through exchange my mail. Loving this Z10 super fast. Very intuitive and amazing for getting work done. Thanks for all your help

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:14 PM
    Ok finally got my Z10 and it works beautifully with Google apps for Business and the hosted BESx through exchange my mail. Loving this Z10 super fast. Very intuitive and amazing for getting work done. Thanks for all your help
    Excellent, glad you're happy with it.
    04-16-13 02:02 AM
40 12