I've been an Android user for the past couple of years, but I've kinda been stuck with mediocre phones because of finances. I have been occasionally stalking the Z10 and I am well aware of the massive drop in price its taken. I haven't tried it out nor have I used BBOS 10. All I want in a phone is a good screen, great battery life, awesome keyboard (which I know BB is well known for), and something that's stylish and durable.

In your opinion, would you CrackBerry users recommend the Z10 or possibly one of the other BB phones?

UPDATE: sorry for screwed up title, its really late XD
    02-13-14 02:42 AM
    Battery life is not great on the Z10. Other than that you will love the Z10. Z30 has better battery life.

Z10 running1925
    02-13-14 04:34 AM
    You really can't go wrong with any of the new BB10 handsets. Jim's right that battery life isn't stellar on the Z10. The Q10 and Z30 both pack more powerful batteries, although the Z30's is nonremovable.

You *can* buy additional batteries for the Z10 and Q10, along with an external charger, which will allow you to have a charged spare battery handy whenever you might need it.

If having a real QWERTY keyboard is important to you, get the Q10. But if screen real estate matters to you then you definitely want one of the Zs. The virtual keyboard on the Z10 and Z30 is made to look like the Q10's keyboard, with frets and nicely sized letters that sit flush adjacent to each other. The Z30 and Q10 have better hardware than the Z10 and support things the Z10 doesn't, like FM radio tuner and Miracast (with OS 10.2.1).

In the United States, the Z30 is only offered through Verizon. All four major carriers offer the Q10. The Z10 is offered by Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile, but not Sprint.
    02-13-14 04:44 AM
    Don't hesitate, I have been an Android user for a number of years, plus an occasional iPhone user, believe me the Z10 is fabulous. I keep hearing about poor battery life, but what do people want from a smartphone, a day is adequate. Get one.

Posted via CB10
    tfitzpat03 and LateToTheGame like this.
    02-13-14 06:27 AM
    Switched from a oneX a couple of months ago. Don't regret it. Excellent phone(Z10) battery life as good as the onex everything else just that bit better.

Steve/Boanerges Performance
    02-13-14 06:51 AM
    I have a battery bundle which I find to be inexpensive, lightweight and convenient for travels for my Z10. The Z10 has an LCD display while both Q10 and Z30 have the amoleds. I have my Wifi, NFC and 4G LTE enabled and still get a decent battery life for the day. About 10 hours on average. Play with all three and see which one works best for u. There r some complains about the volume rocker on the Z30 and there are threads in regards to Miracast. I think that the Z10 is solidly built and gorgeous. Can't go wrong with any of the BB10 phones.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-13-14 09:38 AM
    Pretty much all of this - except I use Bluetooth instead of NFC.

Love my Z10. Looking forward to a powerhouse in a Z10 form-factor next! Z30 (to me) is just too big. Z10 was pushing it!

I have a battery bundle which I find to be inexpensive, lightweight and convenient for travels for my Z10. The Z10 has an LCD display while both Q10 and Z30 have the amoleds. I have my Wifi, NFC and 4G LTE enabled and still get a decent battery life for the day. About 10 hours on average. Play with all three and see which one works best for u. There r some complains about the volume rocker on the Z30 and there are threads in regards to Miracast. I think that the Z10 is solidly built and gorgeous. Can't go wrong with any of the BB10 phones.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-13-14 11:15 AM
    Thank you for all the replies everyone, wasn't expecting this much input! After much thought, I've narrowed my choice down to the Z10 and Q10. I love touchscreen keyboards and physical keyboards. Unfortunately, I only want to be a on a GSM carrier so the Z30 isn't really for me. Many users mentioned that the Q10 is more "powerful", but how? Doesn't the Z10 and Q30 share the same specs with the exception of screen resolution and battery?
    02-13-14 01:30 PM
    I have had the Z10 for a couple months now and I'm very pleased with it. I had been a BB07 user, so I did have some familiarity with BlackBerry, but this is a completely new OS. I was an iPhone user for a year, and we have a couple androids around the house (Galaxy 3, Samsung tablet). The Z10 is just amazing - super smooth to operate with gestures, really great keyboard experience, and plenty fast browser. The only thing I miss about the iPhone is Siri - she is superior to BB's voice-control (but I haven't used it enough yet for it to recognize my commands).
    Good luck, and I think you'll have no regrets.
    Also, the latest OS upgrade lets you run Android apps, if that is important to you. I'm not a big app person, so I haven't bothered to try.
    02-13-14 01:41 PM
    If battery is your concern definitely grab the Q. The z10 battery sucks at times lol

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 01:44 PM
    I've had my Z10 for just 3 days, having been an iPhone (4S) user for 2+ years before that. The interface is slick and smooth, and the whole thing seems more productive. I have a couple of gripes - I can't seem to be able to make the USB connection work at all (different cables, different machines) and the update to 10.2.1 seems to have b0rked the browser for one specific website I use - chat.messageme.com - which is annoying as it worked before the update and I tested successfully on a colleague's Q10 before purchasing. If those issues can be resolved I'll be sticking with it - the complaints about a dearth of apps aren't a big deal for me as the ones I use most (apart from MessageMe, hence the browser requirement) are all here.
    02-13-14 01:54 PM
    I own both a Z and a Q. The Q isn't really more powerful. It's a bit quicker in transitions cause of the smaller screen I think. There's less to render. But coming from any droid device except the top flagships your screen transitions are gonna be waaaaaayyyy smoother.

Powerfulness from the Q comes from the keyboard shortcuts and the quick actions. On the Q you can just start to type to get certain actions done. Type "fb" from the start screen and your directly able to update your facebook status for example.

The Z is the better media and game device. While the Q rocks big time for busting out messages.

Still torn between the both. But can't go wrong on either one actually.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    Miss_Hawkins likes this.
    02-13-14 03:40 PM
    I've had most types of phones from symbian to android. I now own a Z10 and love it. I'm one of the minority who regulatly get 18ish hours out of the battery (I always charge it when I go to bed - about 12ish, and off the charger by 6).

The Z10 is really good value for money - excellent performance for the price. I bought mine off contract (I always do). The multitasking is second to none, and you have a real OS under the hood, which you can play with if that floats your boat. With 10.2.1, most android apps can be installed straight from the play store (via snap), so the app gap is gone. Also, the Z10 is almost the perfect size for one handed use. The Z30 is just a bit too big for my (small) hands, and the Q10 screen is just a bit small. If you don't want to view stuff on the screen (eg. videos, photos, lots of web pages) and just want to email/sms occasional app, then the Q10 is for you (better battery life, real keyboard). If you do want to use multimedia, then the Z is better.

Hope this helps
    02-13-14 03:53 PM
    I've had most types of phones from symbian to android. I now own a Z10 and love it. I'm one of the minority who regulatly get 18ish hours out of the battery (I always charge it when I go to bed - about 12ish, and off the charger by 6).

The Z10 is really good value for money - excellent performance for the price. I bought mine off contract (I always do). The multitasking is second to none, and you have a real OS under the hood, which you can play with if that floats your boat. With 10.2.1, most android apps can be installed straight from the play store (via snap), so the app gap is gone. Also, the Z10 is almost the perfect size for one handed use. The Z30 is just a bit too big for my (small) hands, and the Q10 screen is just a bit small. If you don't want to view stuff on the screen (eg. videos, photos, lots of web pages) and just want to email/sms occasional app, then the Q10 is for you (better battery life, real keyboard). If you do want to use multimedia, then the Z is better.

Hope this helps
    What is Snap? I'm intrigued because part of my reason to move to BBOS is because of how smooth and quick the OS is while still being able to use my favorite Android Apps not available on BBOS like Steam.
    02-13-14 04:51 PM
    Snap is a bb10 native application which becomes the play store. In android, you run play to install apps, on the Z10 (or Q), you can use Blackberry World (which has a lot of great, native apps as well as android ports), or snap to go straight to the google play store. For example, minecraft doesn't exist in Blackberry World - go to snap and install the one from the play store.

The only gotcha, is that you have to sideload snap. This is actually really simple if you use chrome, there is an addon which does everything for you. Check out the forum for instructions. You can also download an APK from anywhere and install it on the phone by simply clicking - no messy sideloading any more.
    02-13-14 05:47 PM
    As a former Android user, I can easily recomend Z10, especially because battery life which is great compared to Android battery experience .

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:29 PM
    Snap allows you to download any android app you want directly from your BlackBerry. No need to worry about missing apps anymore. The Z10 is TRULY amazing. The bigger screen is very important for me and the keyboard is like butter, don't miss my physical keyboard ever!
    Considering switching getting a Z10-img_20140213_193514.png

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-13-14 06:37 PM
    Z10 and Q10 are great choices. I have no experience with the Z30 but I hear it's great! You can find great deals on the Z and Q10 if finances are a problem (I can relate). I just got a Q10 off Amazon for a penny. If you do decide to try BB10, let us know what you think.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:53 PM
    I'm a former Skynet user as well, with an LG Android 4.1 phone and an Acer 7" Android 4.0 tablet. Wife had an Android 2.3 phone. With all that's going on, got increasingly tired of the "we're watching you" nature of all that is Google and Android. When her email got hacked - pretty much guarantee that it was the phone as she never really accessed the account with anything else - a few weeks ago we decided to cut the Google cord. Apple was no more secure. Our choices were to try the Blackberry or abandon smartphone use altogether. I did get a Playbook and a Curve 9320 a few months ago and was impressed with the way it's OS allowed you to manage application permissions.

We all switched to Z10s recently and are extremely happy. The build quality of the Blackberry phones rivals the iPhone and blows away anything we used with Android. Pretty happy with the Playbook as well, using Evernote, Docs to Go, Email, Origami, the Podcast app, and two very specific medical apps on a regular basis.

I'd highly recommend making the move.

(Note: we're not social networkers, don't have facebook, twitter, or linkedin accounts. These apps exist, and came pre-installed on our Z10s, we just deleted them. Put the phones in Ballistics cases with Skinomi Techskin screen protectors and really like those as well.)
    02-13-14 07:32 PM