So I was just going through all the settings when I came across something that made me raise my eyebrow just a bit.

I purchased my Z10 through Rogers on contract and inserted my sim card and I was on my merry way. I did notice however that the Z10 was given to me in a Rogers unbranded box, so in other words, a BlackBerry packaged product. I thought, we'll ok, I guess gone are the days of sliding the box out of those familiar Rogers sleeves I've grown accustomed to from previous devices. Made me think for a second and then I started really thinking once I noticed my sim card settings (see attached screen shot from my Z10).

So the questions are: do the Z10s get sent to carriers unlocked? Once my sim is inserted and registered to the Rogers network then it should be locked shouldn't it? Is it possible there's a glitch in my settings?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated and would put me out of my misery of going insane trying to wrap my head around this.
    Attached Thumbnails CONFUSED - Is my Z10 unlocked or not?-img_00000090.jpg  
    02-09-13 05:10 PM
    No, there should be 3 unlocks, yours only shows two. I believe the third is the SIM. There is another post about this with screenshots.
    02-09-13 05:14 PM
    The button that says "unlock network" would not be there if your device was unlocked. This has been shown in a few other threads on here. So your device is still locked to Roger's
    02-09-13 05:19 PM
    Thanks for your replies. Was looking for a thread on this but couldn't find one so my apologies for reposting. Where it says "SERVICE PROVIDER- Unlocked" is what was throwing me for a loop.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 05:22 PM
    Where's the link to the other thread? Thanks in advance.
    02-09-13 05:49 PM
    easiest way to find out... put someone else's sim in that's not with rogers... if the phone works with their phone number and you can make and receive calls, its unlocked and unbranded... this means you can use any carrier's sim in your phone without contracted service and this also means that you can travel anywhere in the world with your phone.. buy a prepaid sim from any carrier (usually the sim is free with the paid airtime) and pay no long distance and no roaming fees... that's the up side of having an unlocked phone... but the likelihood that Rogers will give you a phone, free or discounted with a three year contract that's unlocked is very slim... though not impossible, as one may have slipped through the cracks.
    02-12-13 10:53 AM
    Go through this thread, all the info you need should be in there...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rs-z10-769817/
    02-12-13 11:00 AM
    I have an unlocked z10, any idea on how to get it to work on Verizon?
    02-15-13 05:28 PM
    My phone shows the exact same thing as the pic and it worked with fido and im with rogers ive been wondering if blackberry sent their phones unlocked or not because i called rogers and they said its impossible it should work with fido so for me it dosent make sense
    02-15-13 05:42 PM
    I think it was said before in this thread, but Fido is Rogers. I believe all of their phones work with either sim cards, i.e Rogers sim in a Fido phone and visa versa.
    06-14-13 07:17 PM
    This is what it looks like when it's unlocked.
    CONFUSED - Is my Z10 unlocked or not?-img_00000008.png

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:26 PM
    My question is what are the other two unlocks for? Some carriers around the world must use that method of locking with or instead of Network?

Additionally, legacy BlackBerry OS had like 10 unlock fields if you remember, lol. At least it is reduced to three now.

But correct me if I'm wrong but the most common configuration seems to be:

Network: Locked
    Network Subset: Unlocked
    Service Provider: Unlocked

~STV
    06-14-13 07:49 PM
    So, does that mean my phone is unlocked? On Verizon. Standard OS out of the box.
    CONFUSED - Is my Z10 unlocked or not?-img_00000151.png

Posted via CB10
    cupid4ig likes this.
    06-14-13 08:32 PM
    So, does that mean my phone is unlocked? On Verizon. Standard OS out of the box.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000151.png 
Views:	889 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	172245

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Didn't the fact that their iPhone is also unlocked get made a big deal?

Really the reason they do it is because it would be almost useless for GSM coverage in the US. That is just world phone functionality for basic 2G-only for travelling. If it does have 3G for world phone it is only like one band.

So unlocked Verizon isn't really useful haha. Still stuck with them here due to CDMA.

~STV
    06-14-13 08:36 PM
    Thanks, I was just curious. I don't have any plans to use it anywhere, but you never can tell. Always in the market for useful information!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:40 PM
    My Z10 phone is factory unlocked by default. I'm with MTS here in Manitoba. The MTS website even states the Z10, and even their Q10 are factory unlocked by default. And I'm on LTE.
    CONFUSED - Is my Z10 unlocked or not?-img_00000717.png

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:52 PM
    I was wondering how to tell if my z10 is unlocked i got my unlock code from T-mobile and entered into my phone ( to triple check i entered the code 3 time)
    when checking I get

Network Subset
    Unlocked

Service provider
    Unlocked

what does this mean? i dont want to enter the lock code anymore as i only have 7 attempts left!!

Help!!!!
    01-27-14 03:37 PM
    If it was unlocked you would also see:

Network: UNLOCKED

in addition to what you posted....
    01-27-14 03:39 PM
    If it was unlocked you would also see:

Network: UNLOCKED

in addition to what you posted....
    so what do i do now? the code was obtained from t-mobile.
    01-27-14 03:51 PM
    so what do i do now? the code was obtained from t-mobile.
    try just adding the first 8 numbers of the code they gave you!
    01-27-14 05:43 PM
    Verizon is CDMA, not GSM. But someone correct me, isn't their LTE?
    01-27-14 06:04 PM
    Verizon is CDMA, not GSM. But someone correct me, isn't their LTE GSM?
    Last edited by scrannel; 01-27-14 at 07:53 PM.
    01-27-14 06:04 PM
    try just adding the first 8 numbers of the code they gave you!
    I actually called them...they gave the code to another phone so different IMEI..they are sorting it out fingers crossed
    01-28-14 02:56 PM
    I actually called them...they gave the code to another phone so different IMEI..they are sorting it out fingers crossed
    great,good luck!
    01-28-14 02:58 PM
    Can data services be off and an unlock code still work?
    05-29-15 10:12 PM
30 12