I'm not surprised by the way the US launch of BB10 has gone in spite of the speculated good numbers. Yes we have heard of the lack of at&t advertising for bb10. What was told is that while at&t may have dropped the ball a little, verizon and tmo will show strong support. And to that I call Bull. Over the last couple days I have been inquiring about the Z10 at vzw and was told by more than one store that I would have to go to a flagship store in order to buy a z10 on launch day. And that those other stores while not being flagship stores are not small locations will only have a demo unit on launch day and will not get devices to sell for two weeks.
    Now on to tmo. Today was their big announcement day, moving to true 4g LTE, new plan breakdown, and launch of the Z10. But the biggest news out of tmo today was that the iPhone 5 is coming in 2weeks and pre-orders begin today. All the people I know on tmo is all a buzz about the eye fone. Tmo totally sabotaged the Z10 release in the US for tmo customers.
    None of the above tells me there's carrier support aside from doing exactly that, carrying the z10.
    03-26-13 01:33 PM
    Yep. I realize Thorsten Heins has to say nice things about the carriers but it is clear carrier support in the US is horrible. They couldn't be more clear they don't care about the Z10 at all.
    03-26-13 01:41 PM
    Of course BlackBerry is blameless in the whole invisible rollout, right?
    What are Frank and the boys doing today?
    03-26-13 01:43 PM
    Right, because it would have done Thorsten nothing good to say "carrier support has been a load of crap". What help would he have from the carriers then?

Also, I don't think that BBRY has been invisible and not trying. This is their lifeline folks!

#letsberational
    03-26-13 02:13 PM
    T-Mobile didn't even Tweet or Facebook that the z10 is now available.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    03-26-13 02:18 PM
    Please dont be mislead by the title of the OP. Im not knocking Mr. Heins, he's done a masterful job. And yes i am aware that he couldn't say carrier support was a load of crap. Im sure to his face ( well his chest, he's a tall guy) carriers gave it the whole we're excited about BB10 talk. But its no different than anyone only looking out for themselves. There's no way TMo couldn't wait a day or a week to announce IPhone pre-orders, or even tweet about the Z10 release. I wonder what effed up move vzw is going to pull, aside from not making the phone available in all locations.
    03-26-13 04:02 PM
    Feel like I should add my 2cents.... Here's the thing... Carriers are in it to make money... Right now Tmobile, AT&T, and Verizon and even sprint all have obligations they must fulfill.. AT&T and Tmobile and sprint are the ones that Apple pretty much hand cuffed cold... AT&T is because they had the exclusivity of the iphone for a long time and lost i, which means they also lost customers and therefore revenue, they have to market to iphone fans to try to gain that market share back from verizon... Tmobile lost business because they were late to the iphone game so they are trying to gain and keep customers they lost or are going to lose... sprint, well those idiots bought more iphones than they could sell so they have to offload them ... Now, I believe once the z10 starts picking up steam, and it will, they will then go for the market share of the blackberry market... Verizon I believe will have the best launch of all because they had the best sells for blackberry 7... Plus they have the exclusive and highly popular white z10.... I am not too concerned about the z10 picking up in the US market.... its all about how blackberry plays its cards. If blackberry has positive numbers for us in their earnings report, sales and confidence will continue to pick up
    03-26-13 05:37 PM
    Update: I went to a tmo store today and the sales person didn't try to steer me away from a blackberry. But that's not exactly total support. Z10 signs were minimal. I'm still waiting to see a carrier commercial featuring the z10.
    03-27-13 03:46 PM
    T-Mobile didn't even Tweet or Facebook that the z10 is now available.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    T-Mobile did a retweet of a BlackBerry tweet yesterday saying that the Z10 was available and T-Mobile directly tweeted today that the LTE-ready Z10 is available in T-Mobile stores.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-27-13 03:58 PM