Hello all, I just thought i would share some quick thoughts on the Z10 coming from a Bold 9900, as well as pose a couple of questions.

The Good:
    • Camera - built in filters, review feature, dual camera.
    • Balance - this feature rocks. For once i can use my device on the weekend and not get "distracted" by work mail.
    • Corporate File access- in Workspace works perfectly, VPN'd and secured
    • Gesture control - for the most part i like it, I think I just don't know how to do some things quickly
    • Blackberry Remeber - Seems like a good app, don't think I'm using it to its full potential, but so far it's saved me getting a grocery app
    • BBM - remote sharing.
    • Browser Experience is good.
    • The clock - Not sure i like the analog clock and the red bedside mode
    • No Bes Plan required
    • Blackberry Protect works even if you have it on BES! Finally!

The Bad: (Well things that I don't understand why they would change since i had them in my 9900)
    • No Charging contacts on the phone - I loved cradling and going to bedside mode
    • No Different Mail Icons for different mail services.
    • No BB Traffic!
    • No BB Travel!
    • No Diagnostic Mode - Batttery, apps, memory usage etc.- can't see open apps, battery drain patterns and usage etc.
    • No Different Notification Profiles
    • Terrible Selection of Notification sounds and ringtones, Also a terrible way to preview and select them. (Any way to easily import the BB9900 tones over?)
    • No Keyboard shortcuts
    • Missing Whats App integration - Can't send photo to whats up from gallery/photo viewer
    • Virtual keyboard is the best i've used, but still not physical still considering the Q10

Missing Core Apps that I use on 9900
    • Shazam
    • Poynt
    • Immature Twitter App
    • MSN Messenger/Skype now that we are being forced over to skype
    • Traffic - going to say it again, i love this app. the simplicity of it, the Green bar showing traffic. I don't want need a mapping app any more!
    • Travel - I also love this app.

One of the reasons i've been sticking to Blackberry all this time in addition to the physical keyboard is for some of those core apps that were not available on other platforms. Travel, and Traffic are 2 key apps for the BBOS7 ecosystem that prevented me from switching to android/iphone while waiting for BB10. I'm a fairly simple user, I do a lot of corporate email, txt, and communication. Twitter and Facebook, minimal browsing. The only other item I do miss from my trial with android is Flipboard, but now I've successfully sideloaded that onto BB10

Questions for you guys, and other BB10 users?
    • Has anyone heard if Traffic is coming? Is there a way to get feedback into Rim that we want it?
    • Is there a download or easy way to import the OS7 notification sounds/ringtones into BB10? Which folder should they go into for simplified choosing on the device.
    • Does anyone know if the app support will be worse on Q10 due to the Square Screen? I can't see flipboard working on it, and most games have fixed size requirements, will they shrink the screen to maintain aspect ratio or just not be supported on Q10
    • Any suggestions for me based on my missing/bad list above?

Thanks everyone for your attention. I want to love my BB10, but I'm still carrying my Bold 9900 with me. (FYI you can be activated on both a BES 10, and old BES OS7 device with no conflict)
    Ahmed Hanif likes this.
    03-17-13 04:55 PM
    Keyboard shortcuts lol
    03-17-13 05:25 PM
    Version 1.0 of a totally brand new OS. Of course it isn't complete and mature as the old OS that was tweaked and built over a decade. Features and apps you used to love will come with time, just need to be patient. They spent all their time trying to get it to market as bug free as possible and can now spend more time improving and adding onto it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    03-17-13 05:35 PM
    I came from the 9900 4 days ago and miss some of the things you mention. Would have liked the charging contacts. The HUB contains all your email services and there are notification profile; if you mean silent, vibrate, phone calls. Also there are notifications for other apps.
    03-17-13 05:36 PM
    I really hope shazam comes soon too!
    03-17-13 05:44 PM
    As for the charging contacts I hope you have a different cradle than I do. I have 9930 with that small charging pod. You have to sit the phone in it in just the right position. One bump and bam no more charging. The contacts are nice but that cradle is terrible.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    03-17-13 05:45 PM
    Re the Ringtones: Here you go. Instructions included.
    Missing those classic ringtones from your old BlackBerry? Here's how you can get them on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

As to the other things on your "bad" list... I felt the same 9 days ago. Wondering if I made a mistake...
    Looking back at me of 9 days ago, I'd have to say I was full of s**t. This little gem has won me over big time. Once you play with it for a day or two, everything seems natural. The way it should have been all along.

My advice? Take the plunge.
    03-17-13 06:07 PM