I know there's a thread about this, but I'm just trying to make this more known. It's a great z10 experience written by a cnet editor, this should be awesome news!

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-18-13 08:52 PM
    That Brian guy has always been very biased towards BlackBerry and I was quite surprised to read his article because I thought he would say something negative at the very end but wow I'm speechless ;p

I just hope all other writers would actually give the Z10 a decent amount of time to try the OS out before they start to bash BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:58 PM
    That Brian guy has always been very biased towards BlackBerry and I was quite surprised to read his article because I thought he would say something negative at the very end but wow I'm speechless ;p

I just hope all other writers would actually give the Z10 a decent amount of time to try the OS out before they start to bash BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I found Brian to be quite fair to BlackBerry. Amongst all of CNET's editors, he and Roger Cheng seem to be pretty fair. I don't know CNET's writers like I do Engadget's and The Verge's.

Regardless, like I said in the other thread, he wrote this because he was actually forced to use the device. As a result, he was able to see its merits in real-world use. I'm sure that many of the reviews we see come from those using the Z10 in addition to a second device. Instead of taking the device with an open mind, I see that a lot of reviewers come into a BB10 device expecting deficiencies, lags, etc. simply because the word "BlackBerry" is branded on the device. All reviewers should be forced to carry/use the subject of their writing exclusively for an elongated period of time before writing. After all, the average consumer isn't going to be carrying two devices.
    05-18-13 09:16 PM
    It was an interesting article indeed. I actually left him a comment on the article mentioning how every app he mentioned that he wanted, is available either through BlackBerry World or through a sideload. Flipboard and Instagram work really well side loaded, not sure about Netflix never used it, but it's available and works. At the end if his article his conclusion was that if the apps mentioned were available, he might just convert.. not sure how much trust is in that but I left a comment and hopefully he reads it.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:27 PM
    Actually, I found Brian to be quite fair to BlackBerry. Amongst all of CNET's editors, he and Roger Cheng seem to be pretty fair. I don't know CNET's writers like I do Engadget's and The Verge's.

Regardless, like I said in the other thread, he wrote this because he was actually forced to use the device. As a result, he was able to see its merits in real-world use. I'm sure that many of the reviews we see come from those using the Z10 in addition to a second device. Instead of taking the device with an open mind, I see that a lot of reviewers come into a BB10 device expecting deficiencies, lags, etc. simply because the word "BlackBerry" is branded on the device. All reviewers should be forced to carry/use the subject of their writing exclusively for an elongated period of time before writing. After all, the average consumer isn't going to be carrying two devices.
    Elongated is the word of the day, lol. Imo part of the problem is the reviewers being forced to use a new phone and the steep learning curve that comes with it. I'll admit the learning curve with my zed was pretty high but I loved learning the tips and tricks like the halo.
    Without knowledge of these tips and tricks and the possibility of missing some of their usual apps iPhone apps, the reviews will probably continue to be like they already are, very unfair.
    05-19-13 04:31 AM
    Actually I find Brians experience similar to mine. You really don't appreciate what the z10 can do until you use it as your daily driver for at least a couple of weeks.

I actually went back to my IPhone 5 while waiting for a replacement z10 and I found myself missing the BlackBerry Hub and the swipe and gesturing functions and I absolutely hated the home button.

I still feel if you give the z10 and BlackBerry OS10 a chance, you will find that it is a business and messaging machine and makes me think of why I bought my first BlackBerry 7000 series device years ago. I still miss the track wheel, I loved that function.

I only left because I felt complacency had set it, but know I feel they are back on track and I am here to stay.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 05:17 AM
    Link?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:54 AM
    05-19-13 07:49 AM