Has anyone noticed a battery increase when apps are left open? I tend to Tweet and Facebook a bit throughout the day and constantly open and close my apps. I could do it through the hub of course, but I refresh after I post. I kill my battery within 10 hours normally, but when I don't close my apps, I get a few more hours on my battery. Maybe it is because the os doesn't have to allocate and free memory (among other things) each time you open and close and app, right? Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:43 AM
    Has anyone noticed a battery increase when apps are left open? I tend to Tweet and Facebook a bit throughout the day and constantly open and close my apps. I could do it through the hub of course, but I refresh after I post. I kill my battery within 10 hours normally, but when I don't close my apps, I get a few more hours on my battery. Maybe it is because the os doesn't have to allocate and free memory (among other things) each time you open and close and app, right? Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty good that your battery can last 10 hours. I'm averaging 7 hours with a fully-charged battery.

I always close my Active Frames, and depend solely on the Hub for all forms of communication. The app that I open and close constantly is CB10! I've the impression that leaving the apps open zaps battery life actually.
    04-08-13 09:49 AM
    Well, on Saturday I got 10 hours and still had 70% left with Facebook and Twitter open all day. Also, Z10 restarted on this post, lol. I think the battery lasts longer since the apps pause (in a sense) when they are not being used.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:00 AM
    Using the Battery Guru app, I can see my battery drain faster when I leave apps open. So I've been in the habit of closing them on a regular basis.
    04-08-13 10:03 AM
    Using the Battery Guru app, I can see my battery drain faster when I leave apps open. So I've been in the habit of closing them on a regular basis.
    Hmm, I will check that out.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:11 AM
    Yep its the same with my battery as well, i usually have 3 active frames open on my Z10 ie BBM, Beweather pro and wallpaper changer HD, which needs to be open so that my superbar works etc.

But if i close all 3 frames down then yes my battery tends to last a bit longer but i usually get about 10 hrs useage easily out of my Z10.
    04-08-13 10:26 AM
    Hmm, I only have CB open now and I'm close to 55%. Pulled off the charger at 7:14 this morning.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:34 AM
    Doesn't it depend on the app you leave open? Some apps aren't doing anything unless you're using them, so leaving them in a frame shouldn't make any difference. Other apps update or refresh periodically, or do something else, and these would continue to use power. But an inert app just sitting in a frame, while residing in RAM, shouldn't affect battery life at all.

When I first got the Z10, I was paranoid about closing things all the time. Now I feel like doing this is missing the point of BB10, which is to be able to flow from one thing to the next. So, for example, I listen to a podcast during my morning drive, but I don't reach the end of it. I pause, but leave the frame there, as a reminder to get back to it and finish. The app isn't doing anything until I click "play". The same is true of the "Daily" RSS reader, which doesn't update until I either open the app or click the refresh button.

I tend to close the browser, however, because I don't know what scripts may have been loaded that will continue to execute while the browser is active.

I haven't noticed any degradation in battery from doing things this way.
    deltact likes this.
    04-08-13 10:51 AM
    I figured that's how things went. Luckily, the social media apps don't refresh unless you tell them to do so. The CB app on the other hand is always looking for information.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:55 AM
    Actually with the recent small update of 6 MB, I noticed that even with a bunch of active frames open, it doesn't seem to affect battery life when the phone is idle.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:03 AM
    Actually with the recent small update of 6 MB, I noticed that even with a bunch of active frames open, it doesn't seem to affect battery life when the phone is idle.

Posted via CB10
    What network are you on? I'm with Verizon so of course I am behind.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:06 AM
    Bell mobility in Canada. We all got a small update (rogers, Telus and bell) for battery improvement. It didn't require a restart and didn't change the version number

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:15 AM
    I'll keep the browser open and it doesn't drain my battery.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-08-13 11:24 AM
    And pooched our email
    04-26-13 08:04 AM