I have been an enthusiastic supporter of Blackberry devices and functionality going back 7 devices to the 850. The core attraction for "Crackberries" has always been about work/business connectivity & productivity, with it's easy, fast and convenient mobile access to email, with voice services bolted on in early generations, then properly integrated as part of the suite of BB services. One of the neatest and practical/valuable innovations was the USB sync to Outlook. It had its bugs in the beginning, but since it was introduced, every Blackberry upgrade (both hardware and desktop manager), supported seamless maintenance of syn, backup & restore utilities. I was, therefore, a bit stunned and certainly disappointed that with the herculean effort to deliver on the long overdue promise of a world-beating new OS and smart phone, that USB sync with Outlook (a core attraction for worker-bees who have long been accustomed to mobile and desktop syn of ALL the Outlook features, e.g. contacts, calendar, to do's, and notes), that this feature did not remain on the shelf as a primary BB staple. Yes there is a wireless sync available through outlook.com, but it only syncs contacts and calendar, and (in my experience) it stumbles as bit. I also see that Blackberry is committed to developing and delivering Z10 USB Outlook syn in the near future. But why would BB even consider rolling the dice on a do-or-die re-launch that all Crackberry fans hope is a world-beating new OS and device, without maintaining a feature to which their primary constituency, the work & business users, have long been accustomed to as a core feature? I understand and appreciate that the huge pressure to get the OS and the device into the marketplace ASAP meant that some things had to be left off the table. Business 101, however, teaches us that the shortest path to sustained profitability is to TAKE CARE OF YOUR EXISTING CUSTOMER BASE. Yes there was a need to design and build an OS from the ground up rather than bolting on features (e.g. a mobile browser) to a patched OS that was not designed to support mobile internet applications and services, and yes the new smart phone had to meet and exceed BB's competitors capability to deliver multi-media services in an exceptional way. It is a much tougher sell, however, to get people to switch from their current iOS and Android devices (hardware upgrade & contract cancellation fees), than it is to KEEP existing BB users from switching to iOS and Android devices by giving them what we all love so much about Blackberries, wrapped up on a shiny new device with a best-of-breed OS. I have had my new Z10 device for 3 days, and while I am enchanted with the device and the new OS, it frustrates me that I can maintain my normal work activities (phone calls, texting, emailing, and regular syncing with my desktop), WAY easier and Way faster on my Blackberry Bold 9780. HUB and screen navigation gems notwithstanding, the Z10 slows me down ... considerably. Couple this with the disappointment that Blackberry was not able to work with Netflix (23 million NA subscribers) and Skype (31 million NA subscribers) to develop resident BB applications (Android sideloader apps will probably work OK, but why couldn't those deals be put in place for the Z10 launch?), and I have concluded that the best thing to do is put the Z10 back in it's box, put the micro-SIM into a conventional-sized SIM cartridge, and revert to using the Bold 9780. I have done so, and am very pleased that I can once again take care of my daily voice, email and text activities easily and quickly. I will get the Z10 back out of the box when Blackberry has addressed these glaring oversights. I really hope that Blackberry can pull out of this dive, and agree that they have delivered a new OS and device that was essential if they are to survive and thrive, but I fear they have fumbled the ball badly with some core deliverables. Nurse their cash-flow, take care of their customer base, and please address/correct these issues ASAP.
    03-01-13 02:43 PM
    A giant wall of text...hurts my eyes just looking at this.
    03-01-13 02:45 PM
    Seriously...
    03-01-13 02:47 PM
    Paragraphs are the shortest path to readability!
    03-01-13 02:47 PM
    I'm not gonna read it (sorry, not cool, I know) but based on the title I'm just gonna say this: If HALF of the z10s sold so far are to converts, I think it's looking good for BBRY
    03-01-13 02:49 PM
    You need to condense your huge mass of text!

Maybe just hit the high points and break it up into a few paragraphs!
    03-01-13 02:54 PM
    @djg1953, do you know what the definition of 'verbosity' is?
    03-01-13 03:21 PM
    Was that one sentence? Lol

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-01-13 03:22 PM
    Was that one sentence? Lol

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    It was great best of times, it was the worst of times...

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-01-13 05:27 PM
    I have been an enthusiastic supporter of Blackberry devices and functionality going back 7 devices to the 850. The core attraction for "Crackberries" has always been about work/business connectivity & productivity, with it's easy, fast and convenient mobile access to email, with voice services bolted on in early generations, then properly integrated as part of the suite of BB services.

One of the neatest and practical/valuable innovations was the USB sync to Outlook. It had its bugs in the beginning, but since it was introduced, every Blackberry upgrade (both hardware and desktop manager), supported seamless maintenance of syn, backup & restore utilities. I was, therefore, a bit stunned and certainly disappointed that with the herculean effort to deliver on the long overdue promise of a world-beating new OS and smart phone, that USB sync with Outlook (a core attraction for worker-bees who have long been accustomed to mobile and desktop syn of ALL the Outlook features, e.g. contacts, calendar, to do's, and notes), that this feature did not remain on the shelf as a primary BB staple. Yes there is a wireless sync available through outlook.com, but it only syncs contacts and calendar, and (in my experience) it stumbles as bit.

I also see that Blackberry is committed to developing and delivering Z10 USB Outlook syn in the near future. But why would BB even consider rolling the dice on a do-or-die re-launch that all Crackberry fans hope is a world-beating new OS and device, without maintaining a feature to which their primary constituency, the work & business users, have long been accustomed to as a core feature? I understand and appreciate that the huge pressure to get the OS and the device into the marketplace ASAP meant that some things had to be left off the table. Business 101, however, teaches us that the shortest path to sustained profitability is to TAKE CARE OF YOUR EXISTING CUSTOMER BASE.

Yes there was a need to design and build an OS from the ground up rather than bolting on features (e.g. a mobile browser) to a patched OS that was not designed to support mobile internet applications and services, and yes the new smart phone had to meet and exceed BB's competitors capability to deliver multi-media services in an exceptional way. It is a much tougher sell, however, to get people to switch from their current iOS and Android devices (hardware upgrade & contract cancellation fees), than it is to KEEP existing BB users from switching to iOS and Android devices by giving them what we all love so much about Blackberries, wrapped up on a shiny new device with a best-of-breed OS.

I have had my new Z10 device for 3 days, and while I am enchanted with the device and the new OS, it frustrates me that I can maintain my normal work activities (phone calls, texting, emailing, and regular syncing with my desktop), WAY easier and Way faster on my Blackberry Bold 9780. HUB and screen navigation gems notwithstanding, the Z10 slows me down ... considerably. Couple this with the disappointment that Blackberry was not able to work with Netflix (23 million NA subscribers) and Skype (31 million NA subscribers) to develop resident BB applications (Android sideloader apps will probably work OK, but why couldn't those deals be put in place for the Z10 launch?), and I have concluded that the best thing to do is put the Z10 back in it's box, put the micro-SIM into a conventional-sized SIM cartridge, and revert to using the Bold 9780. I have done so, and am very pleased that I can once again take care of my daily voice, email and text activities easily and quickly.

I will get the Z10 back out of the box when Blackberry has addressed these glaring oversights. I really hope that Blackberry can pull out of this dive, and agree that they have delivered a new OS and device that was essential if they are to survive and thrive, but I fear they have fumbled the ball badly with some core deliverables. Nurse their cash-flow, take care of their customer base, and please address/correct these issues ASAP.
    There....made the post slightly more readable.

Customer doesn't like that BB10 is still missing a few key apps and is unhappy with the syncing situation with Outlook.

Will try the phone again in a few months, and hope that the situation has improved.
    Lendo likes this.
    03-01-13 06:32 PM
    That was painful.
    03-01-13 06:35 PM