From the looks of the chart, I think an STL 100-4
    But looking at the discussion in this thread (with all those jargons), I maybe wrong D:

But I highly doubt its availability in Pakistan. If you are in Karachi, you could check at The Forum and ask if they could order one for you, they ordered a specific colour for a friend and said no to a language preference at my end.
    I think he meant 2100 MHz for 3G, and 900/1800 for GSM (2G.) If this is true, any model of the Z10 should work, really. As far as I can tell, Telenor Pakistan does not have an LTE network (yet?) buut...given that Warid and Zong use LTE band 3 (1800 MHz,) it might be a better idea to get a STL100-2, in case down the line Telenor picks up some new 1800 MHz spectrum, or refarms their 1800 GSM network to LTE.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-08-15 04:18 PM
    I think he meant 2100 MHz for 3G, and 900/1800 for GSM (2G.)
    You are right!

As far as I can tell, Telenor Pakistan does not have an LTE network (yet?) buut...given that Warid and Zong use LTE band 3 (1800 MHz,) it might be a better idea to get a STL100-2, in case down the line Telenor picks up some new 1800 MHz spectrum, or refarms their 1800 GSM network to LTE.
    Yes, Telenor doesn't but the licenses were auctioned to the participants only (Warid was given a special treatment). Regardless, the availability of the variants (or BlackBerry in general) is quite difficult unless someone is bringing it in directly from Dubai/US, etc. etc.

 Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    raino likes this.
    01-08-15 04:24 PM
    So technically I can use any of Z10 model but u guys prefer STL 100-2?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 11:10 PM
    So technically I can use any of Z10 model but u guys prefer STL 100-2?

Posted via CB10
    Raino prefers STL 100-2 as it only makes sense - either you stick to Telenor and it eventually launches 4G and you're on the safe side or you MNP to Zong/Warid and enjoy 4G.

 Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    01-08-15 11:36 PM
    Thanks Raino and Umaima for your suggestions but I am not really concerned about 4G, my major concern is if the devices other than 100-1 don't have battery calibration issue and are they fine to work with frequencies in Pakistan as I am getting really pathetic radio signals on my device

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:16 AM
    Trying to tether my BlackBerry Q5's 4G connection to STL 100-1 but it's failing, is it because it doesn't support 4G (I thought the Z10 wouldn't know lol)?

Both on 10.3.1.1154
    01-10-15 12:24 AM
    Trying to tether my BlackBerry Q5's 4G connection to STL 100-1 but it's failing, is it because it doesn't support 4G (I thought the Z10 wouldn't know lol)?
    Right, the Z10 is just latching on to an available internet connection. Are you sure your carrier allows hotspot on LTE, or at all?
    01-10-15 12:46 AM
    Right, the Z10 is just latching on to an available internet connection. Are you sure your carrier allows hotspot on LTE, or at all?
    I haven't read a statement in their terms and conditions stating otherwise!

(sidenote) However, recently, Warid began its 'shared internet' package with larger data limits, but the terms and conditions didn't limit anything for the smaller ones.
    01-10-15 01:17 AM
    I haven't read a statement in their terms and conditions stating otherwise!
    And they'll argue that since it's not expressly allowed or even mentioned in the T&C, it's not a feature of your plan

I've been reading your posts in the other thread as well. Here are a couple of things you could try:

1a. Try taking your SIM card from your Q5 and putting it in the Z10, and running a hotspot from the Z10, or
    1b. Try dropping your Q5 to 3G & 2G and running a hotspot.

If it works, it could mean that your carrier is not allowing hotspot on 4G (maybe they don't want their 4G network bogged down by the extra data usage that often comes with hotspot?) If hotspot works in neither case, proceed to test#2

2. If you can, ask other people on your carrier who have non-BB10 phones if their hotspot works--on 4G, 3G, etc. Try to find people who are on the exact plan as you, and in the same city/neighborhood/coverage area type as you. If theirs works, it could be some BB10-specific issue (provisioning, hopefully) that we'll need to further explore.
    01-10-15 01:29 PM
    And they'll argue that since it's not expressly allowed or even mentioned in the T&C, it's not a feature of your plan
    Meh, you're right.

1a. Try taking your SIM card from your Q5 and putting it in the Z10, and running a hotspot from the Z10
    It worked :'(
    It's an STL-1

Try dropping your Q5 to 3G & 2G and running a hotspot.
    It didn't work :'(

If you can, ask other people on your carrier who have non-BB10 phones if their hotspot works--on 4G, 3G, etc. Try to find people who are on the exact plan as you, and in the same city/neighborhood/coverage area type as you. If theirs works, it could be some BB10-specific issue (provisioning, hopefully) that we'll need to further explore.
    Unfortunately, I know myself on Zong in my circle (yes, quite a strong indication of a small circle). One friend who has a Q5 SQR100-2 has her data locked (how is that even possible :| - http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=976446). Athough she has Ufone, I could have stolen her device to check as she is on stock OS.
    01-10-15 02:08 PM

It worked :'(
    It's an STL-1

It didn't work :'(
    (Q5 SQR100-2)
    Hmm.

So same SIM card and hotspot works through an inherently non-LTE capable phone, but it does not work through an LTE-capable phone forcibly being made equal to the non-LTE Z10. Frankly, I hadn't expected this. I thought it would have worked in both (i.e. carrier blocks hotspot only on 4G,) or neither (carrier blocks hotspot across all networks.)

The last test I can suggest is put/keep the Q5 in 2G & 3G (or some other network selection mode lower than 4G) and reboot your phone. It's kinda the equivalent of kicking something to make it work, but maybe it would also work to "refresh" your phone's connection and have it connect to a lower network? I don't know...making stuff up here...

Unfortunately, I know myself on Zong in my circle (yes, quite a strong indication of a small circle). One friend who has a Q5 SQR100-2 has her data locked (how is that even possible :| - Q5 - "IMS Status: Disconnected" - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com). Athough she has Ufone, I could have stolen her device to check as she is on stock OS.
    Yeah, try her phone! If the same thing happens, we can at least rule out a handset defect.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-10-15 02:54 PM
    Frankly, I hadn't expected this. I thought it would have worked in both (i.e. carrier blocks hotspot only on 4G,) or neither (carrier blocks hotspot across all networks.)
    So what do you think is happening here?
    I have a crackpot device or connection?

The last test I can suggest is put/keep the Q5 in 2G & 3G (or some other network selection mode lower than 4G) and reboot your phone. It's kinda the equivalent of kicking something to make it work, but maybe it would also work to "refresh" your phone's connection and have it connect to a lower network?
    Still the same - doesn't switch on in 2G and in a perpetual loading mode in 3G.

I don't know...making stuff up here...
    I'd call it an 'exhaustive list of work arounds', so thank you!

Yeah, try her phone! If the same thing happens, we can at least rule out a handset defect.
    Once she gets it to work lol
    01-10-15 05:22 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3, RFK121LW
    Since Nov. 13, 2014
    Works on metroPCS, I'm using in Pompano Beach, FL 33064 U.S.A.
    02-16-15 11:09 AM
    So did anyone find a Z10 where everything works on the WIND carrier? If so, what are the specs?
    This is and old question now, but I just unlocked a Telus (it was originally locked to Telus) Z10 STL100-3 Model RFF91LW and got the 10.3.1 update OTA (before unlocking it since Telus released the 10.3.1 update and Wind still has yet to do so) and it works perfectly fine on Wind's network. I can call out, receive calls, text, BBM, video chat, hotspot tethering, absolutely do everything without issue...I even get full 5 bars in my basement.

The Wind SIM even gives me Wind branded splash screens and the Wind SIM card icon appears as an app on the desktop/icon row.
    03-03-15 11:35 PM
    Hi, I have a z10 unbranded STL 100-3 using it on TMobile US. I have installed software release 10.3.1.1581 thru Sacheis from Rodgers Canada and everyting is working fine except I dont have WiFi calling. I see that Tmobile Netherlands has a 10.3.1.1565 OS 10.3.1.2243 release For STL 100-2, will this work on my STL 100-3 and can I just install the OS or do I have to also install the Radio 10.3.1.2244. Thanks for any help.
    03-25-15 01:10 PM
    Hi, I have a z10 unbranded STL 100-3 using it on TMobile US. I have installed software release 10.3.1.1581 thru Sacheis from Rodgers Canada and everyting is working fine except I dont have WiFi calling. I see that Tmobile Netherlands has a 10.3.1.1565 OS 10.3.1.2243 release For STL 100-2, will this work on my STL 100-3 and can I just install the OS or do I have to also install the Radio 10.3.1.2244. Thanks for any help.
    WiFi calling requires a specific OS, which is usually what T-Mobile has out.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:12 PM
    You won't get WiFi calling (WFC) on any official builds but TMO's, and the last official from them was a 10.2.1. There was an early 10.3.0 leak that did not break WFC, but that was it--no 10.3.1 keeps it intact.
    03-25-15 01:14 PM
    Ok thanks, Sachesi are not offical builds? Tmobile Netherlands is showing a 10.3.1 update thru sachesi. Thanks for your help
    03-25-15 01:50 PM
    Ok thanks, Sachesi are not offical builds? Tmobile Netherlands is showing a 10.3.1 update thru sachesi. Thanks for your help
    They are official, but what you need is an official build approved by TMO US. They are the only ones that support WFC on BB10.
    03-25-15 01:52 PM
    Okay thank you.
    03-25-15 02:05 PM
    Will Verizon model STL100-4work either on Telus in Canada or in Europe?
    03-29-15 10:38 AM
    Will Verizon model STL100-4work either on Telus in Canada or in Europe?
    Telus, no. Europe: yes, on 2G and 3G.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    03-29-15 11:36 AM
    Telus, no. Europe: yes, on 2G and 3G.
    Thank you. What are the implications with this phone being able to work in Europe only on 2G and 3G ?
    03-29-15 12:16 PM
    Thank you. What are the implications with this phone being able to work in Europe only on 2G and 3G ?
    You won't get LTE in Europe, if you were looking forward to that. But 2G and 3G you'll get pretty much all across the continent. And that may not be a bad thing, the lack of LTE: some carriers--at least in the UK--charge extra for LTE.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    03-29-15 02:21 PM
    You won't get LTE in Europe, if you were looking forward to that. But 2G and 3G you'll get pretty much all across the continent. And that may not be a bad thing, the lack of LTE: some carriers--at least in the UK--charge extra for LTE.
    Awesome. As always your knowledge and input are highly appreciated here. Something that is otherwise very confusing, you make it into something simple and easy to comprehend. Thank you.
    Also, what very important here, since I wont be able to use it here on Telus, this phone will end up as a gift for someone in Europe, that IMO will neither know or care what LTE is, and will be very happy to end up with very nice BlackBerry to use. As long as they can make phone calls, use the net and have decent reception they will enjoy it. Win- win situation.
    03-29-15 05:29 PM
143 ... 3456