I hope I don't get flamed, but this is not about BIS. I simply want the functionality that set any BlackBerry handheld apart:

1-The ability to chose to delete an email from the handheld only or from the handheld and mailbox. This was the best!
    I should not have to configure my desktop/server email account on how to handle this...it should simply be a choice from the handheld device.

2-Data compression. This is not a make or break for me, as I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan, but this would be useful to users who need to select a data plan.

Thanks.
    03-27-13 05:58 PM
    Regarding the data compression I don't see this as a big deal seeing that the device usage is similar to that of other smartphones on the market. It's a few times more data usage than what you would expect on previous legacy OS devices running BIS. Many are on a 1GB plan and this is enough for them. I'd say 2GB would be safe!
    03-27-13 06:08 PM
    On the deleting emails from handheld only, I totally agree.
    It's been discussed many times on here already in several threads.

On data compression, I agree with last poster. BB needs to be seen as keeping up, and unfortunately (to some) this means no more compression.

Telus had a deal where 6GB/month was $30, just a $5 premium over the 1GB / $25. So I'm good there too!
    03-27-13 06:14 PM
    Just curious. Lets say the mail is deleted from the handset. If the account happens to be IMAP, what happens when the account re-syncs. Do the emails in the mail box reappear since they are not deleted? Kind of defeating the purpose of the deletion in the first place don't yas think.
    03-27-13 06:15 PM
    Just curious. Lets say the mail is deleted from the handset. If the account happens to be IMAP, what happens when the account re-syncs. Do the emails in the mail box reappear since they are not deleted? Kind of defeating the purpose of the deletion in the first place don't yas think.
    The user should not have to know if their email is set up as IMAP, Exchange, POP or whatever. The simplicity of having the option of controlling how the email was deleted was the most "user friendly" aspect of using a BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:20 PM