Who thinks BlackBerry should steal it? You know everyone else is going to, and get away with it. Alec Saunders mentioned that there is actual data showing that BlackBerry users are more social (I think I found an article about the data he was on about a while ago but I can't find it again, anyone bookmark it?), then I think that something like chat heads is something that would go great on a BB. Just.... Not Facebook home on BlackBerry. Ew no.
    toutounjiomar and fragment137 like this.
    04-13-13 07:53 PM
    what is a chat head? never heard of it
    04-13-13 11:39 PM
    I've never heard of Chat Heads either. Here is the link, I just found for Chat Heads info.
    04-13-13 11:45 PM
    I'd smash my Z10 if facebook home came ti BlackBerry

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-14-13 12:01 AM
    No. All communication happens right where I want it to. In the Hub where it belongs.

At a glance this seems like an interesting innovation and it is, but this is the equivalent of a popup for me. The LED that flashes certain colors depending on the type of message works perfectly for me.
    04-14-13 12:22 AM
    So ridiculous. Played with the HTC First today at AT&T.. so terrible. Granted, it's for a specific type of person but still.. Chat heads.. lol
    R Field and adjdudley21 like this.
    04-14-13 12:40 AM
    Don't care for it based on what I've seen

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:43 AM
    Chatheads are really nice!! Especially useful on a tablet..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-14-13 01:49 AM
    Chat heads is a must for BBM!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 05:19 AM
    So ridiculous. Played with the HTC First today at AT&T.. so terrible. Granted, it's for a specific type of person but still.. Chat heads.. lol
    Granted, it's a ridiculous name and Facebook Home looks awful, but as an isolated feature it looks great to me, especially, as someone has said for something that could be added to BBM.
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    04-14-13 05:26 AM
    Cue 'BlackBerry sucks! No Chat Heads! Omg what were they thinking? Rim is doomed lol!'

Posted via CB10
    fragment137 and R Field like this.
    04-14-13 05:34 AM
    Cue 'BlackBerry sucks! No Chat Heads! Omg what were they thinking? Rim is doomed lol!'

Posted via CB10
    Haha so many chicken littles.
    04-14-13 05:36 AM
    I think the Facebook Home looks ridiculous, but the chat heads is pretty cool. The last update to Facebook Messenger added the ability to use them. You have to activate it inside the app. If you have more than one open at a time, they overlap. You can move them up or down on the screen but they stay pinned to either side. You can also easily flick them off the screen. It's not like there are little circles all over your screen. They've definitely improved Facebook Messenger a lot and this is another cool feature
    04-14-13 05:46 AM
    I find chat heads useful for long running conversations. You can seamlessly multitask and do other things while waiting for the other person to respond. It solves the going "in and out" problem with long running chats.

Of course since this was an Android only innovation, this type of multitasking is useless and undesirable.
    04-14-13 05:47 AM
    I think the Facebook Home looks ridiculous, but the chat heads is pretty cool. The last update to Facebook Messenger added the ability to use them. You have to activate it inside the app. If you have more than one open at a time, they overlap. You can move them up or down on the screen but they stay pinned to either side. You can also easily flick them off the screen. It's not like there are little circles all over your screen. They've definitely improved Facebook Messenger a lot and this is another cool feature
    How do you activate it from inside the app? I'd like to try it on my Nexus.
    04-14-13 05:54 AM
    How do you activate it from inside the app? I'd like to try it on my Nexus.
    After you open Facebook Messenger, long press a conversation and a menu should come up and the bottom option is to pop out chat head
    04-14-13 06:12 AM
    After you open Facebook Messenger, long press a conversation and a menu should come up and the bottom option is to pop out chat head
    Thanks! Just tried it. Loving it!
    04-14-13 08:19 AM
    I heard rumours that BB's version will be called Pin Heads.
    04-14-13 08:45 AM
    It's my favorite part about Facebook home.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:48 AM
    I wouldn't mind it actually if they baked it into their version of FaceBook. It's brilliant on my Nexus 7.
    04-14-13 08:53 AM
    I think it's a neat concept but not for me. I don't think I'd want new messages populating the screen when I'm in the middle of doing something. I found the iOS pop up notification annoying and this would take it to the next level.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:03 AM
    I wouldn't mind it actually if they baked it into their version of FaceBook. It's brilliant on my Nexus 7.
    But the whole point of chat heads is that it can run alongside other apps. I doubt if this functionality is supported of the current version of BB10, which is unlikely considering that even headless apps aren't yet possible.
    04-14-13 09:07 AM
    I think it's a neat concept but not for me. I don't think I'd want new messages populating the screen when I'm in the middle of doing something. I found the iOS pop up notification annoying and this would take it to the next level.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing pops up when you get a message. The circle is there until you take it away and it just comes up with a number counter on it.
    04-14-13 09:08 AM
    But the whole point of chat heads is that it can run alongside other apps. I doubt if this functionality is supported of the current version of BB10, which is unlikely considering that even headless apps aren't yet possible.
    It's not supported. I'm saying it should be. That's the point of this post. Thank you for your reply, though.
    04-14-13 09:09 AM
    Nothing pops up when you get a message. The circle is there until you take it away and it just comes up with a number counter on it.
    And peek negates having the need for anything on your screen aside from the purpose at hand. I know this is just my own personal opinion

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:15 AM
37 12