- CrackBerry Addict
- 737 Posts
Charging using car's USB port vs cigarette lighter
Read in another post here about someone saying you don't need a regular car charger anymore since most lat-model cars now have a USB port and you can use that. Mine has it and I'm sure most cars I rent when I'm out of town do so as well (one less cable to carry around).
I know charging is slower when plugged in to a computer but is it any different using the car's USB port instead of a car charger?
- CrackBerry Genius
02-28-2013, 06:18 AM #3
- 2,684 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I just bought a car, and I stole my gf's cigarrete car charger, but my car also has a USB connection, and while it does charge, i'm not sure about the rates and as well, using the USB, my phone keeps trying to install BB Link into my car lmaoBe a follower, follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/quicksilv3r
- By camperkirk in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 9Last Post: 05-24-2011, 10:34 PM
- By kbirish37 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
- By texas.ranger.007 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 09-07-2009, 05:52 PM
- By Don_Henry in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 16Last Post: 05-18-2009, 01:06 AM
- By Don_Henry in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 16Last Post: 05-18-2009, 01:06 AM