There seems to be much contention as to the placement of the power plug receiver on the Z10 and how it impacts the use of the phone while it's charging. I'd like to suggest to BlackBerry to take a look at their battery charging bundle and start making the end of the regular charging cords the same way. This way the cord would easily run alongside the phone out of the way and making it easier to handle in both portrait and landscape modes.
    Charging plug / cord end request to Blackberry-img_00000031_edit.png

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    howiefelter likes this.
    03-12-13 08:41 PM
    Can we all say Hallelujah... My 9860 needed the micro usb changed after just one year. $75.00 at Telus.... Im sure it was because of how the cord gets in the way when im talking on the phone or sits awkward if its in a cup holder or something. So careful with the cords, the type of cord doesn't match where on the phone they chose to put it.
    03-12-13 09:15 PM
    Good idea. I have had this same issue on my 9650 and 9930, both had USB plugs on the middle side. Often gets in the way of phone conversations. Although, while using a car charger, I'd want the cord to face up instead of down. How about a USB plug with a pivoting head?
    03-12-13 10:02 PM
    I was able to make a Galaxy S last for three years with no charging connector issues by using an external battery charger to charge an extra battery and popping the charged battery in when needed, rather than using the cord/connector most of the time. For my Z10, I've been waiting for one of the charger/battery combos that I ordered from gocellular.ca @ 3 weeks ago. Hoping they get off their butts and it ships soon...
    03-12-13 10:11 PM
    I was able to make a Galaxy S last for three years with no charging connector issues by using an external battery charger to charge an extra battery and popping the charged battery in when needed, rather than using the cord/connector most of the time. For my Z10, I've been waiting for one of the charger/battery combos that I ordered from gocellular.ca @ 3 weeks ago. Hoping they get off their butts and it ships soon...
    How much? did it have and hdmi out by chance?
    03-12-13 10:16 PM
    BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle with L-S1 Battery for Z10 // GOCELLULAR.ca
    It's about $10 cheaper than others, but not available due to stock issues that they're having.
    03-12-13 10:25 PM