Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By erodenero
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Charging all night but not a full battery when I take it off the charger

Anyone encountered this? So I have been leaving my Z10 to charge overnight with the charger that comes with the phone, wifi off, on 2G no apps running.
    When I take the phone off the charger the battery is only at 95%.
    Using the phone for less than 5 minutes and the battery is down to 90%.
    I have only had the phone for about 4 days, but in general am finding I am only getting around 12-13 hours out of the battery.
    Currently on 10.0.1.90 OS
    Was expecting after the recent updates that battery life would be pretty decent.

Any tips?

Mike posted via CB10
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

your battery is still breaking in. you will need 15-20 good charging cycles for the battery to get to its full capacity.

but realisticly, if you can get 12 hours youre doing fine. I have to find a charger after 6-8 hours and thats with dim screen and no vibrate or ringer
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Abuser

same happened to me after upgrade .85 , reboot ,took the battery out and rebooted,all is fine now. i feel for you
    CrackBerry Abuser

also disconnect NFC ,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN

same thing on my pb, for the first few cycles could not get to 100% would stop short at 98%
    after a couple of charging cycles it'll work itself out, no need for concern OP.
    Lithium ion batteries need to "calibrate" prior to functioning to full potential, drain it a couple of times until the Z10 shuts off then charge to 100% (or as high as it will go for now)
    Download The EGO Mag Online app for Blackberry 5,6,7, Playbook and the all new Blackberry 10!
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/24193889/

A Gentleman's Guide to a Better Lifestyle!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

The provider told me when i git the phone to fully charge and discharge(till phone shuts down) at least 10 times. No partial charges. Also a tip on here said turn phone off at night when conditioning battery. When i charge with phone on, in morning LED is yellowish and phone is typically at 98percent. An app i have shows battery health at that time to be 93-95 percent. I typically get about 14-16 hours with maybe 15 percent left at bedtime. When i charge with phone off, LED is green in the morning, charge is 100 percent and battery health is 100-102 percent. Don't know why it goes to 102, but i get amazing battery life then, 18 hours easy with same amount of use(moderate) and often 30 percent or more when off to bed. Good luck. Cheers.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_359 View Post
    The provider told me when i git the phone to fully charge and discharge(till phone shuts down) at least 10 times. No partial charges. Also a tip on here said turn phone off at night when conditioning battery. When i charge with phone on, in morning LED is yellowish and phone is typically at 98percent. An app i have shows battery health at that time to be 93-95 percent. I typically get about 14-16 hours with maybe 15 percent left at bedtime. When i charge with phone off, LED is green in the morning, charge is 100 percent and battery health is 100-102 percent. Don't know why it goes to 102, but i get amazing battery life then, 18 hours easy with same amount of use(moderate) and often 30 percent or more when off to bed. Good luck. Cheers.
    Its a good habit to get into when you get new devices, even though lithium ion batteries do not have a "memory effect" like the old ni-cd batteries, they still have an internal management system that sometimes mismatches and cannot properly identify what charge level it's actually at. Calibrating the battery once you get the device and maybe every year after should keep the l-ion battery working at its proper capacity.
    Download The EGO Mag Online app for Blackberry 5,6,7, Playbook and the all new Blackberry 10!
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/24193889/

A Gentleman's Guide to a Better Lifestyle!
    wolf_359 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The lack of 100% could be due to the phone maintaining the battery. I wouldn't recommend trying to fight it.

My Lenovo laptop has a "Maintain Battery" setting that is supposed to extend the overall battery life. It gives you a warning that it won't always charge to 100% when this is turned on.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thanks guys much appreciated, I had been running all the battery saving tips.

Mike posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Happened to me a couple of times but fine now.

Posted via CB10
    8800>9000>9700>9900>Z10>Q10

PlayBook
    CrackBerry Abuser

My Z10 is doing the exact came thing, but my wife's isn't?...
    CrackBerry User

Happened the me at the beginning as well - totally settled down after a few days. I also think at the beginning I was wireless syncing without knowing it at the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 on Rogers
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PLAYBOOK 32GB

The phone charges the battery until it is full then stops for the rest of the night . This is why the charge is not 100 percent full in the morning.
    Example - you plug in at 10pm, it's fully charged by midnight and on stand by not charging for the rest of the night. Hence why your at 97 percent charge when pick it up and go to work.
    Get it now?

Posted via CB10