Hey Z10:ners

I recently bought a Battery charger bundle from England. But I don't have the same outlet for power. Should something like that be an issue?

Really enjoying the first BlackBerry thus far

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 12:31 PM
    It should plug into your stock BBerry charger. Mine does. Not sure why there's an issue as the stock charge works on everything from 100 - 240.
    alix901 likes this.
    07-28-14 12:35 PM
    It should plug into your stock BBerry charger. Mine does. Not sure why there's an issue as the stock charge works on everything from 100 - 240.
    Thanks for the reply. Great to hear.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 02:33 AM
    It seems to be much faster to charge the phone through the charger bundle directly. Than through the stock charger. What do you do with it? Replace the internal battery or just charge it?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 11:50 AM
    Charge phone and battery bundle separately. Swap batteries as needed within the day.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 11:58 AM
    It seems to be much faster to charge the phone through the charger bundle directly. Than through the stock charger. What do you do with it? Replace the internal battery or just charge it?

Posted via CB10
    True.. to me it depends upon the situation.. generally i change the battery every night, so that my phone stays with me while sleeping and the bundle does the charging to the exhausted one... although, what i have observed is that the battery charges faster in phone than in the charger... and whenever there is an immediate requirement while out of office generally with roaming on, i do charge with the bundle...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 11:59 AM
    I charge both the bundle and the phone at the same time. Charger plugged into the bundle with the bundle plugged into the phone. That way I start each day with a full charge on both. During the day I can either switch out the batteries or I can charge the phone from the bundle.
    Last edited by newcollector; 07-29-14 at 12:21 PM.
    07-29-14 12:11 PM
    I like to switch batteries every night around dinner time, so I can have a full battery in less than 2 minutes.
    07-29-14 12:15 PM
    Try using the premium charger since it pushes out a lot more amps than the charger that came with the phone.

Black Carbon Fiber Z10
    07-29-14 03:40 PM
    Great tips. Thanks everybody. It seems to be quite different use cases. I have noticed tho sometimes if I switch the battery. The phone have a tendency to reboot by itself or by unresponsive for a little while.

Have anyone had the same experience?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:44 AM
    Great tips. Thanks everybody. It seems to be quite different use cases. I have noticed tho sometimes if I switch the battery. The phone have a tendency to reboot by itself or by unresponsive for a little while.

Have anyone had the same experience?

Posted via CB10
    Does it happen more often with one battery? Could one battery fit better than the other?

You do TURN OFF the phone before swapping the battery? Most recommend not pulling the battery out of a phone while it is still on but officially close it down and not standby.
    07-30-14 10:52 AM
    Does it happen more often with one battery? Could one battery fit better than the other?

You do TURN OFF the phone before swapping the battery? Most recommend not pulling the battery out of a phone while it is still on but officially close it down and not standby.
    I have been pulling my battery to swap batteries without shutting it down since I bought the phone last year, up to three times a day while traveling on a weekly basis. No issues. When I was troubleshooting my first Z10's problem with connecting to Blackberry Services on Cellular @Sea before it got stolen, the tech from RIM had me do battery pulls, not hard resets. I asked if I should do a reset using the up and down volume keys and they said, no, they wanted me to do a battery pull, they said it would not harm it. I did then, and still do if I am replacing the battery. My phone has zero issues and it runs fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-30-14 12:40 PM
    I don't think the "premium" power supply makes a difference with the charger bundle. I think the bundle device limits the current.

I don't change my battery often since I don't have an issue with battery life in general. I carry the bundle if I know I will be in an area where the towers are far away and battery life could be an issue.

The charger bundle comes in handy in older hotels/motels where the planners never dreamed a customer would need to plug something into an outlet. [How can this be? We provide a cheesy clock radio!] Even the more modern rooms that have a desk with power strip often don't have power near the bed, so I use the charger bundle where there is power (doh!) to insure I have a fresh battery in the morning, and then keep the phone sans power supply near the bed as a trustworthy alarm. [I've confused AM and PM on the stupid clock radio more than once.]

If you are not rotating your spares on a daily basis, you should at least rotate them every other week. Generally batteries last longer if they don't stay in the discharged state.
    07-30-14 01:42 PM
    In addition to the charger bundle, I also have several of the Rapid Wall chargers. These charge up to 2 times faster than the standard BlackBerry chargers.

Blackberry Playbook Tablet Rapid Folding Blade Wall Charger 1 80A Micro USB | eBay
    07-30-14 04:29 PM
    I have been pulling my battery to swap batteries without shutting it down since I bought the phone last year, up to three times a day while traveling on a weekly basis. No issues. When I was troubleshooting my first Z10's problem with connecting to Blackberry Services on Cellular @Sea before it got stolen, the tech from RIM had me do battery pulls, not hard resets. I asked if I should do a reset using the up and down volume keys and they said, no, they wanted me to do a battery pull, they said it would not harm it. I did then, and still do if I am replacing the battery. My phone has zero issues and it runs fine.
    I think where people run into trouble is pulling the battery while the phone is processing -- or when they determine something is "wrong" so just yank the battery. The classic is pulling the battery during a wipe or an OS install that seems to be taking too long: great way to pooch your phone. Personally I shut off my phone before taking out the battery. But then I'm originally from Vermont where we look both ways six times before crossing the street.
    alix901 likes this.
    07-30-14 10:30 PM
    I think where people run into trouble is pulling the battery while the phone is processing -- or when they determine something is "wrong" so just yank the battery. The classic is pulling the battery during a wipe or an OS install that seems to be taking too long: great way to pooch your phone. Personally I shut off my phone before taking out the battery. But then I'm originally from Vermont where we look both ways six times before crossing the street.
    Yeah, definitely don't pull the battery while doing a wipe or an OS install. Other than those two instances, and I wouldn't think of doing that, I have had no issues.
    07-31-14 10:25 AM
    For a wipe or OS install, you should really be on line power.

In theory, you can pull the battery at any time under normal operation. Of course, I always shut down the phone. And I have never been a Vermont resident!
    08-03-14 02:57 PM