I got a slight scratch in my ear speaker. I can get my Z replaced from Verizon but prefer to change it myself. If this was your phone would you get it replaced or just take it apart (which I can do) and change it.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 07:12 PM
    I guess it really depends on your "surgical" skills. I've not had a phone apart since my 8830 years ago - to replace the keyboard. Why don't you want to give it to Verizon? Think they will break something else or take too long?
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-01-14 08:24 PM
    Ear speaker? Ok won't be rude

Q10 with latest leak
    05-01-14 08:31 PM
    You are better off just swapping out the phone if they're going to do it.

I'm not sure why you would even need to ask that.

"Should I buy a speaker and put it in, and risk it not working right, or just get my phone replaced for free?"

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 08:46 PM
    It's very easy to replace but you will void warranty after removing the "hidden" torx screw. Just replace it through verizon. The only reason I did mine was because I replaced my whole motherboard and was passed warranty date.

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    05-01-14 08:48 PM
    Easy to do, but will void your waranty, I did mine because I didn't care, a 15 min job...

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    05-01-14 11:07 PM
    Easy to do, but will void your waranty, I did mine because I didn't care, a 15 min job...

Posted via CB10
    The reason I ask is I'm happy with my phone and do t want to swap it. I watched the video looks easy. I can build a Windows PC from scratch so probably can handle this.

15 minutes or replacement. Not really a tough choice if it's under an hour of my time. Looks easy.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:19 AM
    The reason I ask is I'm happy with my phone and do t want to swap it. I watched the video looks easy. I can build a Windows PC from scratch so probably can handle this.

15 minutes or replacement. Not really a tough choice if u ask me now I know it takes 15 minutes. Probably an hour for me.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:20 AM

15 minutes or replacement. Not really a tough choice if it's under an hour of my time. Looks easy.

Posted via CB10
    That's your call, my friend. We all wish you good luck if you ever decided upon tinkering it yourself.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-02-14 07:42 AM
    The way I see it.

Carrier replacement:
    Pros;
    * New phone for old (extended lifespan)
    * No risk of damaging phone
    * Preserve warranty
    Cons;
    * Time without phone (can always buy a �10 PAYG and a SIM convertor to get you by)
    * Missed opportunity

Repair it yourself:
    Pros;
    * Opportunity to try/learn something new
    * Virtually no down time
    Cons;
    * Real risk of either not being able to repair or breaking something else - permanent damage because...
    * Void warranty
    * More likely to develop further issues later because phone will be getting older

Did I miss anything?

I would always get it repaired/replaced by carrier when possible. I would only repair it myself if it is out of warranty.
    05-02-14 08:25 AM
    From where can we buy the ear piece for the Z30? Cuz mine stopped working and it was replaced with a cheap quality ear piece from a local shop, cuz my device doesn't have warranty!

Posted via Z30
    05-02-14 08:44 AM
    Verizon gives u a replacement. Not new.

Thanks for your information everyone.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 01:53 PM