PSA:

Just saw this, Certified Pre-Owned phones | Phones & devices | TELUS Mobility

Certified pre-owned Z10's going for $400 no contract at Telus.
    05-21-13 10:10 AM
    05-21-13 10:33 AM
    Rip off. Brand new sealed in boxes z10s sell in bc for 400 obo

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:35 AM
    Does anyone know if this deal can be used as a phone upgrade? The 3 year term price is $0. I called Telus and they said I'd have to activate a new line on my account, that I couldn't use my existing number and plan. But on the Telus website it says I can keep my phone number and buy the referb on the 3 year plan and only pay my device balance. I'm confused.
    05-21-13 11:09 PM
    ok,,, so who's gonna buy a refurb for $400???
    05-21-13 11:13 PM
    Actually I'm thinking about it. It may be refurbished but you have a 14 day return policy and 12 month warranty. Z10's on Kijiji or similar in Ottawa are going for at least $400 used and $500 for 'new' and you'll get no return policy or warranty.

I want to get the missus off her flip phone so this is the cheapest way so far without committing to a contract.
    05-26-13 08:02 AM
    Actually I'm thinking about it. It may be refurbished but you have a 14 day return policy and 12 month warranty. Z10's on Kijiji or similar in Ottawa are going for at least $400 used and $500 for 'new' and you'll get no return policy or warranty.

I want to get the missus off her flip phone so this is the cheapest way so far without committing to a contract.
    Not true. If you buy a phone off someone, as long as it is not unlocked, you will have no problem returning it under warranty with your provider. As long as the phone is with your provider, they will honour the warranty no matter who actually bought the phone. Warranty is tied to the phone, not the buyer.

I've bought numerous Rogers (my provider) locked phones off people and have had no issues with Rogers if I ever need a replacement within the warranty period.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:14 AM
    Not true. If you buy a phone off someone, as long as it is not unlocked, you will have no problem returning it under warranty with your provider. As long as the phone is with your provider, they will honour the warranty no matter who actually bought the phone. Warranty is tied to the phone, not the buyer.

I've bought numerous Rogers (my provider) locked phones off people and have had no issues with Rogers if I ever need a replacement within the warranty period.

Posted via CB10
    Warranty issues will go through the carrier and not blackberry so it is easier to get a phone from the carrier you will use... so buying a used phone can still have warranty issues ( to play it safe I would make sure to get a receipt)

Anyways... you still won't get a return policy on a used phone so the Telus option still has benefit.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:07 PM
    Does anyone know if this deal can be used as a phone upgrade? The 3 year term price is $0. I called Telus and they said I'd have to activate a new line on my account, that I couldn't use my existing number and plan. But on the Telus website it says I can keep my phone number and buy the referb on the 3 year plan and only pay my device balance. I'm confused.
    Remember you spoke to a person, and people can make mistakes.

Call again with site open for your reference if they aren't letting you do it.
    If they argue, calmly tell them you're upset and calmly but firmly demand to speak with a supervisor or Loyalty Dept.

Or just call Loyalty in the first place so they can take care of you.

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-26-13 02:30 PM
    When calling telus, ask to speak to the loyalty dept. They are very good to deal with. They are the ones who can give you deals on phones and plans. When we got our z10's we called to pre ordered them and at the time rogers had a deal on white smartphones and it includes the white z10. It ended up that they matched the deal and I got the wife's white z10 for $36 on a 3 year plan and also gave me my black z10 for $99 instead of the $149 that the z10's were going for at launch. I have been very happy with telus. Also we only had 1gb of data for our plans and I asked the wide to call and get more gigs added. She called and spoke with loyalty again and for $10 more on each plan we now got 6gb each. Great deal!!!

BlackBerry Z10 and 32gb PlayBook
    05-26-13 03:37 PM
    Remember you spoke to a person, and people can make mistakes.

Call again with site open for your reference if they aren't letting you do it.
    If they argue, calmly tell them you're upset and calmly but firmly demand to speak with a supervisor or Loyalty Dept.

Or just call Loyalty in the first place so they can take care of you.

This is how you CB10, son!
    I went through the online order procedure on Wed, had my phone Friday morning. Loving it!!!
    05-26-13 07:02 PM
    So, I ordered a Z10 for the missus. While the phone seems fine, all that was in the box was the Z10, adapter, and USB cable.

No Z10 box (just a generic Telus box), no instructions, no headphones. Also, no screen protector but there was one on the battery cover.

I know it is 'pre-owned' but if anyone returned a Z10 to Telus, they would have to ensure they returned everything that came with the phone, no?

Not too impressed with that and I'm not sure if I will keep it. Resale value is a lot less without all the accessories if it goes that route. Mind you the missus doesn't care.

Oh, and the ordering process was a bit mixed up. Ordered on Monday a.m. and their email confirmation states that you will contacted when it is approved. I called Wednesday as I hadn't had any follow up and they state follow-up is 24-48 hours after the order. I pointed out this would be useful info to include in the email confirmation (duh!) but I should still have had a confirmation since it was 48 hours later. They then confirmed it and stated it would be shipped Thursday and I would be sent a tracking number when it went out. Well, on Friday I called as I had no tracking number and they gave it to me over the phone. Turns out it was sent Thursday night but on the plus side, it was schedule for delivery on Friday.

After I actually got the phone, Telus sent me the email with the tracking number.

So, not too impressed with the service of their web store.
    06-01-13 08:31 AM