CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Certificate Synchronization - Missing Feature

So this is a very important feature that I'm needing the most right now, the possibility of synchronizing certificates in Blackberry Link.
    This was possible with BB Desktop Manager, but I can't find it in BB Link.
    And since I already asked in here "How to Import and Install network certificate on the Z10" how to import certificates, and no one has replied me yet, I decided to make this 2nd thread.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The wifi network should offer up the certificate when you connect and the Z10 installs it automatically. This is how it has worked for me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The other way of doing it is to copy the cert to the handset and use Settings / Security and Privacy / Certificates and import the certificate here. You will need to tell the Z10 what it can use the certificate for.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thnks for replying.
    Ok so I finally managed to import the certificates to my Z10, but after that I try to connect to the wifi and it still asks me for username and password, which it shouldn't.
    A question should I import the certificates as Personal Trusted CA or just Personal Trusted? And for certificate store I chose Wi-Fi.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It is probably a CA cert so I would say Personal Trusted CA. The store should be wifi. I would normally install this through a BES which is why I'm a bit unsure.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

How do you install through BES?
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is an IT admin thing. Ask your IT dept if they have a BES 10 server.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

And what is the difference between that one and manually?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Ok, So I went to the IT department and we were trying to set it up. And these are the settings that the Network is supposed to work with.

Username: 2878441 (My ID)
    Security Type: WPA2-EAP (By Default)
    Security Sub Type: TLS
    CA Certificate: 2878441 (Customized certificate for the specific Network)
    Client Certificate: <None Selected> (I don't have any available. Should I have one available?)
    Password: ?
    VPN Profiles: <None Selected> (Same as CC)
    Band Type: Dual Band

When I did the setup for my computer, I installed both certificates which are the CA Certificate with the ".p12" format and the Root Certificate with the ".der" format.
    But the problem is that it didn't ask for any password or username when I did it on my computer, and that's what the certificates are for, but when I try on my phone it does ask.
    I wonder if I need to make the root certificate as the client certificate, and in that case how do I make it the client certificate? As I'm choosing the "2878441" as my CA Certificate but have nothing on the Client one.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Solved this problem. All I had to was to import the root certificate as my Personal Trusted Certificate CA and the Authenticate Certificate as Personal Client. Then put all the credentials necessary in the wifi configuration Window. Just remember that the password is the same one as the one for the certificate to install. And ask your IT dpt for the Security Subtype if it's not PEAP.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

How exactly am I supposed to import the certificate to the phone? Just drag and drop it to the documents folder on the device?
    Import the root certificate that I need for uni is not working at all on my phone.
    -pac
    CrackBerry Newbie

how to import the root certificate as my Personal Trusted Certificate CA and the Authenticate Certificate as Personal Client. When I
    try to install a ca certificate as personal certificate still I cant see any certificate available under personal certificate .