AT&T announced. YAY!

Z10 awesome!

Coming from a Torch 9800. Like the slider. Enchanted by the Z10. Love the QWERTY. What's a crackberry addict to do??

Will a BB10 slider ever come?

For those of you coming from a QWERTY, do you miss it? Should I suck it up and get the Z10 now rather than wait?

Such a dilemma. I will let the replies sway my decision.

I put my faith in you, oh great CrackBerry nation! Show me the way!
    03-11-13 02:56 PM
    I look at it this way. Grab a z10. Try it out. if you do not like it. you have 30 days to return it. For the most part people have said that they will never go back to a physical keyboard. Its just that good
    lcgoldman likes this.
    03-11-13 03:19 PM
    I came from a 9900 (best BB keyboard EVER), and I won't look back. The amount of work, effort and thought that went into the creation of the keyboard for the Z10 is astounding. It really is about as close to typing on a real keyboard as you can get. I'm pretty much up to the point where I am typing as fast (or even faster) than I was on the 9900. This is because the keyboard adjusts, both from a hardware and software perspective, to the user. The autocorrect rarely gets things wrong now, and the word suggestions are pretty much spot on. Depending on what I am writing, and even who I am writing to, the keyboard suggests the right words the majority of the time. I can send texts and emails with mere thumb swipes now because of the way the keyboard operates.

My thought process when going for the Z10 was that I wanted to get the full BB10 experience. That includes the touchscreen keyboard element. There is so much to experience with this keyboard that I felt that I at least should try it, so I did, knowing that if I didn't like it, I could take it back and wait for the Q10 (and in fact, that was my initial intention). After playing with it and using it, I realized how intuitive the software is and I just can't go back now.

JB
    Spawn12 and lcgoldman like this.
    03-11-13 03:24 PM
    Pre-order it if it's an option! then when launched, go in and check out the device, get a hands-on experience with it. Then you will know for sure.

I was set on getting the Q10 (seemed logical update to the 9000 > 9900 > Q10) and i wasn't bothered not having BB10 till the Q10 came. However, curious to see the Z10, i saw the dummy units and was like "wow" then on launch day i picked up a working device and fell in love immediately (few mins later, called my carrier and placed the order). Look and feel was amazing. I hated typing on glass (spare phone is a note) but the Z10 is a joy to type on. After a few days, you will see the speed and accuracy increase as the device learns your "habits". I am not disappointed and would do it all over again!
    lcgoldman likes this.
    03-11-13 03:26 PM
    I went from a 9700. love the touchscreen keyboard more

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 03:27 PM
    I came over from the torch and find the Z easier to type with. I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to bang out words using the flick. Mind you the torch keyboard was small so I found myself mis-typing letters regularly. Now if you are using a bold and type a lot then it may be a toss up.

Posted using my Z10!
    lcgoldman likes this.
    03-11-13 03:29 PM
    I too hope for a slider.
    But they haven't even announced any other BB10 devices so even if it is in the pipe, I don't think it will see the light of day before 2014 .... that is even if they are considering any slider devices at all.

So I wait for the Q10 even though I have no clue how most apps and games would look on it or if they will even work at all.

Personally I wish Blackberry would explore more form-factors, revisit the Pearl with BB10 or make a Landscape Slider << that would be amazing.
    03-11-13 03:36 PM
    Came from 9810 - love my Z10!
    03-11-13 03:51 PM
    This opinion is from a die hard qwerty fan you will not miss the keyboard if at all with the z10 and have all the extra screen space for media and browsing. Having used old and new Apple products and coming from the 9780 this was the best of both worlds. The heat sync in behind the keyboard adapts to how you type so it just gets better.

CB10- z10
    lcgoldman likes this.
    03-11-13 04:19 PM
    Came from 9900 - the best keyboard ever. Started typing on my Z10 on day 1 to realize I was a slow here. I remember swearing that I would never ever ever move from a physical keyboard to a device with a virtual one. Then, a couple of days with Z10 and I experienced this: 1. was floored by the word suggestions and word flicking. Loved it. Was still comparatively slow, until this: gave my Z10 to a friend and he typed like 5 words per second (average). Came back home thinking may be I am so used to the physical keyboard that I have to be naturally slow on the virtual keyboard here; still thought maybe I should try and type as fast as my friend did... just how I do, and so I began typing as fast as I could throw my fingers on the keyboard without caring about spellings, certain that I had horribly misspelled most of the words, and I did, but as I ended up typing - throwing at least two words per second - I freaked out. The keyboard had corrected every possible word I threw in with the most horrible of spellings. : O. Having learned this, I am now typing twice as fast as I ever did on my 9900. I'd say an average of 3 words per second. This keyboard is mind-numbimgly brilliant: the suggestions the flicking, and the auto correct is SCARILY ACCURATE and FAST. You will never ever wanna go back to anything else once you start throwing your fingers on this keyboard. Just let your fingers fly, it does everything else. As I type this reply, I typed reply as 'repju' never looked back to see if it was correct because the keyboard had already corrected it before I could even glance at it to check. I am at least throwing in 8 letters per second as I type this. It's crazy. I doubt Q10 will be able to do what Z10 does with the keyboard. It's a psycho-keyboard. ( I flicked this smiley too, btw)

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 04:25 PM
    I look at it this way. Grab a z10. Try it out. if you do not like it. you have 30 days to return it. For the most part people have said that they will never go back to a physical keyboard. Its just that good
    Thank you... is that a standard carrier practice that you have 30 days to return a phone?

From the few replies here, and the ones I've read in other threads, I guess I shouldn't wait. The waiting for this was the hardest part.

And I do like the fact that I would get the whole screen rather than the smaller Q10 phone.

I have an upgrade due me, so .... where's that pre-order link??
    03-11-13 09:06 PM
    You need to refer to the details in my profile pic for your answer.
    03-11-13 09:09 PM
    I came from a Torch 9810 and had the same dilemma. I loved the flexibility of the sliding keyboard and full touch screen. I dove into the Z10 and love it. It is also fun to have people's jaws drop when they see it and find out it is a Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    lcgoldman likes this.
    03-11-13 09:16 PM
    AT&T announced. YAY!

Z10 awesome!

Coming from a Torch 9800. Like the slider. Enchanted by the Z10. Love the QWERTY. What's a crackberry addict to do??

Will a BB10 slider ever come?

For those of you coming from a QWERTY, do you miss it? Should I suck it up and get the Z10 now rather than wait?

Such a dilemma. I will let the replies sway my decision.

I put my faith in you, oh great CrackBerry nation! Show me the way!
    Came from a torch and then a 9900. Trust me, this keyboard is something else...

Sure, you don't get the gratification of pressing a real key, but you'd appreciate the word correction more than anything else...

Typed entirely with no errors from my Sexy white Z10 on T mobile

Posted via CB10
    lcgoldman likes this.
    03-11-13 09:19 PM
    A slider won't happen.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-11-13 09:48 PM
    I'm also coming from 9800. I had a few worries just before switching. So glad I pulled the trigger on the Z10! After three days, you will not remember your old Torch. This is truly an amazing device.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:31 PM