I'm on Google Apps for Business via EAS. Z10 OS 10.1.0.1720.

My first upgrade to 10.1 resulted in a ton of random missing contacts. Ended up downloading Contact X (on the advice of Crackberry forum) to mass delete all and sync again. Ok, worked great but a lot of work to relink Twitter/FB/LinkedIn contacts.

As I use the Universal Search find contacts, I realized their phone contacts were missing - FB and Twitter exists. Checked Google's contacts and my HTC One V (also synced) and their contacts are still intact.

Do a remote search, find the missing contact and proceed to "Add to Local Contacts." The BB asks if I want to merge the existing contact. WHAT?! So the contact existed after all on my Z10, it just wasn't searchable?!

This is basic basic stuff. You can have all the screen resolution and battery life and apps you want but if you have serious bugs in the basic functionality of the phone, how can I in good conscience recommend BB10 phones to friends?
    06-02-13 12:17 AM
    I am having the same problem. Since upgrading to 10.1 my phone application is missing some of my contacts. If I go to the contacts tab they show up but cannot find them in the phone app. So weird. Hope someone can help with a solution for this.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:25 PM
    The contact app is a royal mess!!!!!
    06-13-13 09:38 AM
    +1!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 09:43 AM
    Anyone found a solution to this? Same here when I look for a contact in the phone app it cannot find it. Same if I use the universal search. If I go to contacts instead the contact IS there and can be called. I noticed that the missing contact from the phone and search app are mainly the LinkedIn ones but even if LinkedIn contacts are set to on they don't appear in phone app. Haven't find a way to sort this but Maybe someone can help....

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 07:10 AM
    I had same problem. If you go to the settings page of the contacts app you have to make sure all your accounts are selected ON to show. After I did this my contacts that I was missing before in the phone app appear like before. I think this option to hide or show was added in 10.1 but sort of hidden so nobody understands what's happening.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 07:18 AM
    I had same problem. If you go to the settings page of the contacts app you have to make sure all your accounts are selected ON to show. After I did this my contacts that I was missing before in the phone app appear like before. I think this option to hide or show was added in 10.1 but sort of hidden so nobody understands what's happening.

Posted via CB10
    The main culprit is OTA SYNCING. Contact X is helpful. I have set my calendar and contacts sync interval to "manual". Yahoo is offering some useful contacts tools. Don't have any experience with Facebook, Twitter or the like. Have got multiple contacts under control, but within a given Contact, multiple entries are reproducing like rabbits. The fine art and science of string manipulation appears woefully lacking. Ultimately the solution will involve Outlook and the Chinese block, hammer, and bug method. Doc Neutron
    06-15-13 09:11 AM
    My contacts sync using Outlook and my contact settings are set to show them. I do not use LinkedIn on my phone. So this is not the problem I am encountering. It only started when I downloaded 10.1 os. Not sure why I have full contacts in contact app and some missing from phone app. Super frustrating. It's like I need to sync the two apps somehow.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 09:50 AM
    I Agree. The contacts r a royal mess. Adding them to a new device, syncing them with any external source. It's Lk horrible. Buying a new BlackBerry and setting it up shouldn't be a hair raising experience. I know peopke who r returning their bbs and getting I phones cause they're so much easier to set up. These r the types if issues that BlackBerry has to address. IMEDIATELY!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 10:35 AM
    I appreciate the progress BlackBerry has made but they have t o remember they're not doing this in a bubble with no competition. The competition is fast and furious.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 10:46 AM