I've been switching back and forth between these three usages for the past two weeks and have noted a serious trend.

1. No leather pouch/case and gestures ON
    2. No leather pouch and gestures OFF
    3. Leather pouch and gestures ON

I strangely get the most battery life out of #3 with #2 in close second. Though I haven't quantified it with a battery app like some others have. I'll add my voice to the few that are noting that having gestures ON eats battery a little. The question has been if having the pouch with the on/off magnets negates that battery drain. My experience has said that it does.

Get pouches, save battery.

Z10 for president
    04-17-13 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the research!
    04-23-13 10:52 AM
    Why is it strange? completely makes sense. Using the pouch puts the phone into standy like mode so the screen isn't 'waiting for gestures' which is a battery killer (your point #1).

Using no pouch and gestures off, there is a timeout which drains a bit of battery before going into standby mode, and with gestures off it, similar to #3, is not 'waiting for gestures' and eating battery.

Makes complete sense that #2, followed closely by #3, followed much further behind by #1 in battery performance.

If you are not using a pouch, turn gestures off and LTE off and bluetooth off (if not using a headset) and battery is fantastic.

I will soon be picking up a holster and going with #2....currently using no case and leaving gestures off (#3).
    04-23-13 11:04 AM
    Strange because I would have expected #2 to take up less battery than #3 since #3 still has the gestures option turn ON.

Z10 for president
    04-23-13 01:48 PM
    Yep. My case with a magnet to put my Z10 to sleep gives me easily between 14 to 18 hours with moderate usage, and with low usage well over a day and sometimes two. Used a case with a magnet since I got my Z10 on launch day in the UK. Battery is going great. Coming up to 11 : 30pm and I still have 38% of juice left from taking off charge earlier on in the morning at 6 : 30am.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    04-23-13 05:29 PM