Hi all. I bought an AT&T Z10 which i unlocked and am now using with Digicel. I just noticed today that AT&T's logo on startup (ans shutdown for that matter) has now been replaced with Digicel's. Not that im complaining, i just didnt know it could happen. Has anyone else noticed their carrier logo changes with sim cards?

Ps. I never had any random reboots so this is probably the first time i rebooted my phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:03 PM
    Hi all. I bought an AT&T Z10 which i unlocked and am now using with Digicel. I just noticed today that AT&T's logo on startup (ans shutdown for that matter) has now been replaced with Digicel's. Not that im complaining, i just didnt know it could happen. Has anyone else noticed their carrier logo changes with sim cards?

Ps. I never had any random reboots so this is provably the first time i rebooted my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Splash screens are pulled from the sim in use. So if you have another carrier's sim in the Z10, once the info is there it will show that carrier's splash screen (unlike legacy OS BB's where the splash screen would show the carrier's screen to which the phone originated, regardless of the sim inserted)
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-06-13 10:06 PM
    The logo changes with the sim card

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:06 PM
    Yes, the BlackBerry OS pulls carrier information from the SIM card to include start-up/shutdown animations and some carrier apps (usually not many). It was one of the things that I didn't like, as I paid the extra money for an unlocked phone and really don't like carrier logos anywhere on my phones. I primarily use Android phones where this doesn't occur.
    06-06-13 10:07 PM
    Yes, the BlackBerry OS pulls carrier information from the SIM card to include start-up/shutdown animations and some carrier apps (usually not many). It was one of the things that I didn't like, as I paid the extra money for an unlocked phone and really don't like carrier logos anywhere on my phones. I primarily use Android phones where this doesn't occur.
    It's better than having a stamped branding on the device (for me atleast). Canadian carrier's don't have any branding on the device which I like. The splash screen I can live with...
    06-06-13 10:11 PM
    Other than the logo on the battery door (which can be easily replaced) there's no AT&T branding on my device.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:14 PM
    that's odd.. I have a T-Mobile BB Z10 that I unlocked and using with TELUS. no Carrier Logo at boot up or shutdown.
    06-06-13 10:16 PM
    that's odd.. I have a T-Mobile BB Z10 that I unlocked and using with TELUS. no Carrier Logo at boot up or shutdown.
    Few people reported that they haven't seen a Telus splash screen on their Z10's. Maybe they don't have the info on the sim...
    06-06-13 10:21 PM
    The carriers have certain brandings they can request to have implemented in different OS versions, and the splashscreen is one of them. Radio options and labels is another. Some carriers force you to use HSPA+/LTE/WCDMA/GMS - all radios On, whilst other carriers allows you to select which radios to use... and APN settings is also one...

The settings are not stored on the SIM card, but in the OS itself, - and some of the earlier OS versions did not carry support for all carriers, and we see more carriers being supported with each OS build. Typically using a BB10 device with the SIM for a carrier who does not yet officially support BB10 - might not see any splash screen at all.. But since it is built into the OS - it is also up to the carrier to give BlackBerry the needed info (settings/graphic) so they can incorporate it.

Some of the differences users see, can also be from using different OS leaks/mixes they have found on the Internet, instead of the official release from their own carrier.
    Cap_172R likes this.
    06-06-13 10:56 PM
    The carriers have certain brandings they can request to have implemented in different OS versions, and the splashscreen is one of them. Radio options and labels is another. Some carriers force you to use HSPA+/LTE/WCDMA/GMS - all radios On, whilst other carriers allows you to select which radios to use... and APN settings is also one...

The settings are not stored on the SIM card, but in the OS itself, - and some of the earlier OS versions did not carry support for all carriers, and we see more carriers being supported with each OS build. Typically using a BB10 device with the SIM for a carrier who does not yet officially support BB10 - might not see any splash screen at all.. But since it is built into the OS - it is also up to the carrier to give BlackBerry the needed info (settings/graphic) so they can incorporate it.

Some of the differences users see, can also be from using different OS leaks/mixes they have found on the Internet, instead of the official release from their own carrier.

Good to know! You learn something new everyday... I always thought it was the sim card. That would explain why one carrier I tried in the Caribbean didn't have a splash screen then while there i received an update with them and got the splash screen after reboot (Bmobile, 10.0.10.85)
    06-06-13 11:15 PM
    Good to know! You learn something new everyday... I always thought it was the sim card. That would explain why one carrier I tried in the Caribbean didn't have a splash screen then while there i received an update with them and got the splash screen after reboot (Bmobile, 10.0.10.85)
    yepp. That version was the first official TSTT supported
    06-07-13 12:10 AM