I was charging my Z10 in the car with a non oem car charger which has worked fine on every other BB and Android phone I've used. Battery was at 100% so i unplugged it and as soon as I did the phone shut off and will no longer turn on. I've done battery pulls, left battery out for a few hours and put it back in, plugged phone into normal BB charger and playbook charger and still does not turn on. I do not even get a red LED at all. Tried doing an OS reload but my PC will not detect the phone.

I'm pretty bummed right now, I am out of country until mid April so I can't return it to Rogers
    03-09-13 11:56 AM
    Yes it seems like it happened to someone else http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=778917
    If you buy a new blackberry charger it fixes the problem supposedly

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 12:03 PM
    ... and that my friend is why I always travel with a spare battery.

Plus I never use non-OEM stuff with my BB devices.

Now you know why Apple is trying so hard to keep control of what devices can be used with the iphone5 - its new interface is designed to detect if the accessory manufacturer has a licence with Apple. As a skeptic I would say it is a shameless money-making strategy and that it is for sure, but if it protects their users from the problem which has befallen you, then it is a good strategy.
    03-09-13 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the link Habs fan. Patrick I don't think it is the battery, but I will try another battery on Monday since my friend is visiting and he has a BB10. I won't let him use my car charger though haha.
    03-09-13 12:20 PM
    I was charging my Z10 in the car with a non oem car charger which has worked fine on every other BB and Android phone I've used. Battery was at 100% so i unplugged it and as soon as I did the phone shut off and will no longer turn on. I've done battery pulls, left battery out for a few hours and put it back in, plugged phone into normal BB charger and playbook charger and still does not turn on. I do not even get a red LED at all. Tried doing an OS reload but my PC will not detect the phone.

I'm pretty bummed right now, I am out of country until mid April so I can't return it to Rogers
    Dude dont ever charge any smartphone through ur car! Its a well known fact that it will damage a phone due to varying voltage levels
    03-09-13 12:22 PM
    Dude dont ever charge any smartphone through ur car! Its a well known fact that it will damage a phone due to varying voltage levels
    I think it's the charger, I've always charged my phone with my vehicle and had no problems

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 12:23 PM
    I've been charging my cellphone in my car for over 10 years and never had a problem. I've used this car charger for at least 3 years with a bunch of different phones with no problem until now.
    03-09-13 12:26 PM
    I've always charge my phones with usb to cigarette lighter, knock on wood so far no problem

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    03-09-13 12:30 PM