As BB10 launch is in 2 SLEEPS, I'm super excited. I just can't wait and I check this forum hourly.

BUT, I don't get a great feeling about this as I think the general public doesn't know about BB10. I've started to constantly put BB10 pictures and announcements on my facebook and people say, blackberry still exists? What's BB10. How is it (it's not even out yet!) etc etc.

I think how WE, crackberry, members can help RIM in making this more successful is to post and make it big on your own social media channels.

Facebook, local forums. etc etc.

Post pictures, specs, videos (iphone vs BB10 browser showdown), countdown to BB10 launch and etc to make a difference.

I thought this launch would be an easy success for RIM, but as I read more and I see not many people knowing about it, it makes me see the negative sentiment around Rim.

I'm hoping all of us can change that and give RIM the push it needs. Word of mouth marketing is the best form, as it's free! Let's support RIM and the BB10 launch by spreading the word.

Also, "liking" the BlackBerry page on Facebook is another way to get your friends to see BlackBerry posts as well.
    www.facebook.com/BlackBerryNA
    Like it and share it!

Let's push it for just 2 days, and of course the rest of the week to get the word out!
    01-28-13 01:29 PM
    Let's push it for just 2 days, and of course the rest of the week to get the word out!
    This is the responsibility of Research In Motion not its users. If between the BlackBerry 10 Official Launch Event and Superbowl Sunday the marketing has not fully-engaged the consumer there will be little doubt the company is headed off the cliff.
    01-28-13 01:38 PM
    This is the responsibility of Research In Motion not its users. If between the BlackBerry 10 Official Launch Event and Superbowl Sunday the marketing has not fully-engaged the consumer there will be little doubt the company is headed off the cliff.
    If you believed in the product and want to see grow, I would assume you would help the company in doing so - by the above means. Yes of course it's RIM's responsibility, but when it's a do-or-die product like this, any support is better than nothing.

There's only so much a company can do to get back in the game. It's dependent on it's user-base and fans to help with the push. I want to see RIM succeed so that's my reason in making this post. If you don't want to see RIM succeed, then this thread is not for you.

If you support a company, you will stand behind the product they will release (unless it's complete garabge). I really don't want to see just an iOS and Android platform. I would like more choice.

Less competition means the consumer has to put up with sub-par products. Not something I'm wanting to see in the near future.
    01-28-13 01:43 PM
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I don't want to annoy my friends by doing what you suggest. It's not that I don't support RIM, because I do.

The purpose of the launch event is for RIM to show the world that BlackBerry is still here, and better than ever.
    01-28-13 01:50 PM
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I don't want to annoy my friends by doing what you suggest. It's not that I don't support RIM, because I do.

The purpose of the launch event is for RIM to show the world that BlackBerry is still here, and better than ever.
    At least that is a more reasonable and understandable response than the above.

However I'll still be posting because I don't care if its inconvenient to my friends or not, I'm not forcing them to see anything. They can choose to see it if they want, just like my friends posting silly memes or other stuff. That's what social media is about, and it's very opinionated to what people think is useful or not.
    Last edited by duckJAI; 01-28-13 at 02:41 PM.
    01-28-13 01:59 PM