This has been a troubling situation, first addressed when phone was purchased and Verizon rep said I will get an solution and get back to you. Weeks later still no solution. I just want to press the VM icon and listen to my messages. No further phone touch. I have been able to do this on every BB phone I have had for the past 5 years. Now I am told this is only possible if I subscribe to Visual Voicemail from Verizon. What is wrong with this picture. Is no one else out there upset about this matter. I get little or no help from Blackberry or Verizon. Anybody else ready to throw their phone in the river?
    06-21-13 12:04 PM
    Open Phone app, swipe down from top, select Settings in top right corner.
    Select Voicemail, tap Change Password button. Input new password (or your old one) and hit Back to save.

Work?
    If not, I have a workaround for you.
    06-21-13 12:13 PM
    This doesn't work. See attached image. I can not edit the VM access number and therefore am unable to set & save a VM password.Can't Set and save VM password on my Verizon Z10-img_00000034.jpg
    Again, all I want to do is touch the VM icon and listen to my messages with out another touch of the phone.
    06-21-13 12:23 PM
    I believe this is a bug in 10.0. I am hoping it is resolved in 10.1 if it ever comes out.
    06-21-13 12:28 PM
    Select Voicemail, tap Change Password button. Input new password (or your old one) and hit Back to save.

Work?
    I have tried this multiple times, and it doesn?t work. I have to manually enter the password each time...
    If it would work, it looks like it's missing the ability to enter the # sign as part of my password.
    I am also on Verizon. And very annoyed at this.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 12:29 PM
    What is most bothersome is the lack of acknowledgement on the part of Verizon or Blackberry that this is an issue that needs to be resolved. Verizon just tells me that this is an unsupported option therefore they have washed their hands of trying to resolve the issue. Blackberry keeps telling me to open contacts and create a new contact and enter the pause key three times after my password and then use that VM contact to dial my Voice mail. This isn't a solution because I still have to touch the dial key in the phone screen after connecting with my voice mail for the password to be entered.... this is unacceptable. I am told no other carrier is having this issue. What are the rest of youj being told?
    06-21-13 12:49 PM
    I am looking for an answer to this as well. I went to the store and the rep there had no idea what I was even talking about. I'm surprised I can't find more info about people complaining about this.
    07-01-13 08:47 AM
    Try calling your own number to see you can do your password, then restart your phone.

Posted via CB10. -PlayBook & Z10-
    07-01-13 09:05 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work.
    07-01-13 08:42 PM
    I agree - this is yet another example of why BBRY is going down the tubes. Basic fundamental functions overlooked. What were they thinking? I mean - through all the extensive testing (similar to what is holding up the 10.1 - yeah, right) nobody noticed the inability of the VM function to send the password? Geez. I'm surprised they remembered to back light the screen.

MMDDZZ
    07-01-13 09:03 PM
    [QUOTE=keizerjrr;8689310]What is most bothersome is the lack of acknowledgement on the part of Verizon or Blackberry that this is an issue that needs to be resolved.

This
    07-01-13 09:23 PM
    Maybe Verizon locked this feature who knows.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:26 PM
    This is a known bug. They have no current fix for it. Allegedly it is fixed in their 10.1 update, but who know when that will actually see the light of day.

Currently the only work around is to subscribe to VVM for $2.99 a month.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    07-01-13 09:36 PM
    I agree - this is yet another example of why BBRY is going down the tubes. Basic fundamental functions overlooked. What were they thinking? I mean - through all the extensive testing (similar to what is holding up the 10.1 - yeah, right) nobody noticed the inability of the VM function to send the password? Geez. I'm surprised they remembered to back light the screen.

MMDDZZ
    Kinda stretching there, and if anything that demonstrates Verizon's aloofness/ineptitude rather than BBRY since no other carrier has this issue. The theory of Verizon purposely locking this up to push their Visual Voicemail service is intriguing and sounds like something they'd do, but whatever the reason we're stuck with it for now.

It is a known issue as others have said and it has been reported to be fixed in the 10.1 update that's currently passing through Verizon's servers.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-01-13 10:43 PM
    I have 10.1 and that didn't fix it.
    07-02-13 08:14 AM
    I have 10.1 and that didn't fix it.
    I'm hoping that it is a Verizon specific fix and that the official Verizon 10.1 will have it. It's my understanding that only Verizon flavored Z10's are affected.
    07-02-13 08:22 AM
    This is not fixed in any of the 10.1 or 10.2 leaks. I think Verizon is locking this down to push VVM which is an extra $2.99 a month. Not worth it in my opinion. Typical Verizon disregard for customers.
    07-02-13 08:27 AM

Work?
    elite1 do you mind sharing your workaround? Thank you very much.
    07-02-13 08:29 AM
    Just got the latest 10.2 it's so worth it. But the VM problem is still here. Anyone find a workaround yet?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 03:34 PM
    I think this is a case of carrier requiring visual voice mail. When I got my Z they screwed up my plan and took away visual voice mail, and I had the same issue, had to call voice mail and punch in a password. Called customer service, they corrected my voice mail and now I just click the button. No password needed. (or just grab them from the hub)

Btw, I'm on AT&T. No surprise that it's Verizon and ATT right?

And why is it there's always somebody in every post "this is the reason BlackBerry is going down the tubes!" Lmao! BlackBerry can't stop carriers from being a-holes. If there's a way for Verizon and ATT to get another dollar from you they're gonna do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 03:46 PM