Hey guys, I've been running into a bit of an issue and was hoping you guys could help.

Details:
    Carrier: AT&T
    Model: Unlocked Z10 STL100-3
    OS Version: 10.2.1.2141 (official OTA update not running a leak this time)
    Software Release: 10.2.1.2102

Problem:
    My Z10 has been running great as it always does with no real issues. Then today I was in lab and needed to send a picture to my lab partner and I went through the normal procedure of sharing through the Pictures app and it didn't work. So then I tried going to the hub and just attaching it to a text but it again didn't work.

Every time I try to send a picture now (through SMS/MMS) I run into the same problem: The picture will keep trying to send it and then eventually time out and the message has a little X in the corner and the error says "General Problems"

So I went through the usual trouble shooting:
    - Restarted the device
    - Tried different pictures
    - Tried sending to other people
    - Tried again when my network connection was better

Always return to the same issue, and I know its new because I've sent more pictures then I care to count and it's always worked, and worked pretty fast at that.

Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Can't send pictures over MMS on AT&T - Unlocked Z10 STL100-3-img_20140326_191444.png
    03-26-14 06:20 PM
    Hey guys, I've been running into a bit of an issue and was hoping you guys could help.

Details:
    Carrier: AT&T
    Model: Unlocked Z10 STL100-3
    OS Version: 10.2.1.2141 (official OTA update not running a leak this time)
    Software Release: 10.2.1.2102

Problem:
    My Z10 has been running great as it always does with no real issues. Then today I was in lab and needed to send a picture to my lab partner and I went through the normal procedure of sharing through the Pictures app and it didn't work. So then I tried going to the hub and just attaching it to a text but it again didn't work.

Every time I try to send a picture now (through SMS/MMS) I run into the same problem: The picture will keep trying to send it and then eventually time out and the message has a little X in the corner and the error says "General Problems"

So I went through the usual trouble shooting:
    - Restarted the device
    - Tried different pictures
    - Tried sending to other people
    - Tried again when my network connection was better

Always return to the same issue, and I know its new because I've sent more pictures then I care to count and it's always worked, and worked pretty fast at that.

Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140326_191444.png 
Views:	589 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	258615
    Make sure you have the correct mms setting in your settings in the hub.
    03-26-14 07:37 PM
    As far as I can see everything is the right setting. Anything in particular I should look for?
    03-26-14 10:20 PM
    Can't send pictures over MMS on AT&T - Unlocked Z10 STL100-3-imageuploadedbycb-forums1395890741.176733.jpg

I was meaning this to make sure you have this with your carrier info.

Posted on my z30 running 10.2.1.2234
    03-26-14 10:26 PM
    I don't have those settings options. Kind of strange. I have all the SMS settings options through number of Retries, but there is nothing below that like there is in your screen shot.
    03-27-14 12:26 AM
    Have you been able to fix this? I am unable to access the advanced APN settings for MMS as others describe. There are only options for the SMS.

By the way, the issue on my phone comes into play with not only pictures, but also, group messages and very long text messages.

Any other options? Thanks in advance.
    03-27-14 01:00 AM
    I started having this problem only as of today. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution yet.

Very long text messages and group messages, if I know correctly, are often considered MMS rather then SMS. If that is the case (in addition to my picture sending problem) it becomes more clear to me that it is a MMS problem.

I have the same issues when it comes to the settings for MMS, as I can only see SMS options and nothing else is show.

What carrier are you on?
    03-27-14 01:30 AM
    What carrier are you on?
    I am on AT&T, with a carrier locked Z10, STL100-3.

From everything I have found, the APN settings for the MMS are locked by AT&T via use of their SIM. Apparently, there are also no options for changing the MMS settings through the e-screen either.

There are too many good features in 10.2, which prevent me from going back to 10.1 - just to get MMS. I simply tell people I have issues with my text, and for them to email me pictures, etc. Or, they can send it to me via BBM. It is annoying however, and not as easy when so many people are on all different carriers, etc.

I am sure the fix is as easy as AT&T releasing an official update with the appropriate APN settings - but AT&T sucks with BB support (which is a shame).
    ravenskman1 likes this.
    03-27-14 01:36 AM
    See that's what I thought it was. But I swear I've sent/received pictures while on 10.2.1 but maybe it was when I was running the .1925 (I think that was it) leak and I'm just remembering wrong.

AT&T gives me great coverage everywhere but I swear sometimes these carriers just get on my nerves.
    03-27-14 10:48 AM
    I try to send a picture now (through SMS/MMS) I run into the same problem.

All Games Free
    I'm assuming you are also on AT&T?
    03-27-14 11:37 AM
    I'm having some serious Voicemail issues too now...

Visual Voice Mail has stopped working and now I don't even get notifications when someone leaves me a VM and occasionally I get an error saying can't connect to server or something along those lines.

It was all working fine before. I'm thinking about reloading a different OS just to get these things working. How can AT&T do so poorly on an official OS update?
    03-27-14 02:55 PM
    just going to bump this
    03-27-14 08:16 PM
    Had a similar problem in the past ...Might sound odd, but double check with AT&T if you have the right data plan on file.
    03-27-14 10:25 PM
    See that's what I thought it was. But I swear I've sent/received pictures while on 10.2.1 but maybe it was when I was running the .1925 (I think that was it) leak and I'm just remembering wrong.
    If I remember correctly, 10.2.1.1055 worked fine on mine (as for MMS), but had several other bigger issues for me (such as battery drain, etc.).

I am now wondering if it makes sense to go back to 10.1, and then update to the latest 10.2 (maybe that way, it will save the APN information through the one upgrade - instead of potentially losing it through multiple upgrades when going through various 10.2 versions). I just have not been able to find the official AT&T 10.1 release.
    03-29-14 01:30 PM
    I have the same problem with mine. Here's how to fix it. Sync to BlackBerry link. Run a backup. When the backup is complete, send a picture text. That worked for me. Unfortunately it works for about 3 days, then it doesn't send pics anymore, and you have to do it again. But it works for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:54 PM
    I had the same problem, and I am a ATT customer, with the leaked OS. The way to fix it is go to TEXT msgs, once your in text msgs go to MORE, you will see hub management, go to TEXT MSGS again, you. Will see SMS and MMS, click on MMS, GO TO ADVANCED, make sure it's in auto retrieval mode, and there is a number in the service address.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:18 PM
    I too have had this problem in the past with my Z10 and now my Z30... Try this...
    Connect you blackberry to your computer.
    Start your blackberry Link ( Let it sync and finish with it's gyrations...)
    Click on Back Up & restore
    Do a quick backup
    Let it finish without disconnecting......
    I hope this works for you like it worked for me..
    As soon as it finished I started getting all the MMS picture text that people have been sending me today.
    04-09-15 10:06 PM
    Has anyone actually called at&t? The first thing to do when you have a text/mms problem is check with the carrier.
    04-10-15 08:20 AM
    This doesn't look right... http://aliasredirect.net/proxp/mmsc those settings appear to be for Kanadian Karriers like Telus, Bell mobility, etc.

But yes, as the above poster said, your first call should have been to the carrier.
    04-10-15 09:08 AM