When I connect my phone to a PC I am able to see my phone's SD card mapped to a drive but NOT the device's internal 16gb of memory. I have tried this on two different computers. One running windows 7 and the other running g windows 8. Both PCs were running the latest version of link and the phone is running the latest OS. I have mass storage mode enabled.

Does the internal memory show up as a drive that I can drag and drop to? My torch always did.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 05:12 AM
    Go into settings, storage and access, and on the very bottom turn on 'USB mass storage' under 'media car details'. Sometimes it seems to turn off on its own on mine though.
    KTJ7679 likes this.
    03-27-13 07:13 AM
    Right I have that enabled already and I can see my media card. I just can't see the internal device storage.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:34 AM
    That option allows the SD card to be mounted as a drive, not the internal storage.

I saw quite a few posts about this with no solution yet.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-27-13 09:43 AM
    I'm running Windows 7, have my Z10's USB Connection set to Autodetect, and have both mapped.

No idea if I did anything different, but it works for me. I'm no IT guy, so I got lucky I guess.

Can't see internal memory when connected to a PC-drive.jpg
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-27-13 10:09 AM
    Make sure the first dropdown, USB connection, is set to Autodetect or your PC OS. If this is set to the wrong OS, it wont work properly. I also have my device connect via WiFi.
    03-27-13 10:11 AM
    Ah that's strange, that's the only way I can see either my SD card or internal storage. I guess its a glitch in there somewhere.
    03-27-13 12:04 PM
    Make sure the first dropdown, USB connection, is set to Autodetect or your PC OS. If this is set to the wrong OS, it wont work properly. I also have my device connect via WiFi.
    How do you connect via Wi-Fi? I've been looking for guides for this but no luck..

@Gonzo_02 I'm having the same problem!!
    05-02-13 04:20 PM
    I had this problem but was solved.

I went into windows firewall and added BlackBerry Link.exe into the allow list.

Fixed a whole lot of issues I had.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 04:44 PM
    I have the same problem too. If i connect my z10 to windows 7 it will read both internal and memory card but if i connect to windows 8 none of them was read.
    09-05-13 07:30 PM
    i installed an older version of BB desktop manager(710_b035_multilanguage.exe), because i can't install bb link on win7 64bit, and it installed the necessary drivers to see both internal and external memory when i connect to my PC.
    09-23-13 08:22 AM
    okay, I had similar problem, see if it help:
    1. go to blackberry device manager, you can see it running on system tray.
    2. see on "connected device" tab, expand the "volumes", see if it already mounted, if not, right click and you ll have the option to mount it.
    Can't see internal memory when connected to a PC-capture.png
    3. to automatically mount the volumes, go to options tab and tick the "mount tablet volume on connect"
    Can't see internal memory when connected to a PC-capture.png

good luck
    10-19-13 09:07 AM
    i installed an older version of BB desktop manager(710_b035_multilanguage.exe), because i can't install bb link on win7 64bit, and it installed the necessary drivers to see both internal and external memory when i connect to my PC.
    I have BBLink installed & working fine on my Windows7-64bit Acer laptop. Both the 16 GB internal memory & the microSD card show up as accessible drives both over USB and over Wifi.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 12:20 PM
    From my experience, the usb connection is very slow
    Usually using free sync to sync photos.

The speed is around 500 Kb/s, very similar with connection over wifi, so I don't bother to use us cable anymore.

Here is a little guide to activate wifi access:
    - go to settings, storage and access, turn on wifi access, you should be asked for a password.
    Can't see internal memory when connected to a PC-img_00000433.png
    - click identification on network, take note of the device name and username, use the same workgroup name of your current workgroup on PC, or if you don't know, leave it to "WORKGROUP"
    Can't see internal memory when connected to a PC-image_20130900_2027.png
    - that's it! Now to access:
    for example, you use "mybb" for identification on network. On windows if you can't see "mybb" on networks, thats probable the workgroup on BB is not the same as on PC.
    You can try this though. On windows, start menu, and choose "Run", type "\\mybb" without the quotes, and press enter. A file explorer should be open, and you can access your BB's files.

Good luck
    10-20-13 08:36 AM
    Solution is quite simple, you need to install Blackberry Device Manager 7.1
    When you first mount your device and if it doesn't show in explorer as both internal and external memory it will most likely show as an optical drive image prompting you to install BB Link. If you go to explore that image you will find three .exe files and one of them is BB Device Manager. Once you install it take your phone off usb, plug it in again and that should be it
    01-25-14 01:34 PM
    The workaround that works for me is found in this post:

I excerpt:

I had the same problem. Connecting the device would not mount the internal drive, the BlackBerry Link sync would try to sync for a long time and then say "connection error". I am a programmer, so I figured this had to do with a network connection being created through USB (there were some DNS entries in the Windows error log). So I had the phone disconnected, and went on the Z10:
    System Settings -> Network Connections
    and DISABLED both Mobile Nework (Mobile Network, Data Services).
    and DISABLED Wi-fi (->off)
    Then connected the phone and started the computer. It works!! Drive gets mounted (Z drive). Sync works (copied some music ... it was in the file manager -> "music" dir). Copied some files manually through the Z mount (1.5 MB/s).
    So I unpluged and repluged, took a minute but then remounted again no problems. Did it again. I turned the Mobile Network back on, and pluged/replugged. Seems to work. So my guess is that there is some sort of conflict when the Wifi network is enabled on the phone. I hope they fix this.
    Let me know if it works, Chris.

edited: fixed- turned drive letters into smilies
    edit 2: I don't have a data plan on my cellular network, so you might have to disable both
    11-08-14 12:36 AM
    The workaround that works for me is found in this post:

I excerpt:

I had the same problem. Connecting the device would not mount the internal drive, the BlackBerry Link sync would try to sync for a long time and then say "connection error". I am a programmer, so I figured this had to do with a network connection being created through USB (there were some DNS entries in the Windows error log). So I had the phone disconnected, and went on the Z10:
    System Settings -> Network Connections
    and DISABLED both Mobile Nework (Mobile Network, Data Services).
    and DISABLED Wi-fi (->off)
    Then connected the phone and started the computer. It works!! Drive gets mounted (Z drive). Sync works (copied some music ... it was in the file manager -> "music" dir). Copied some files manually through the Z mount (1.5 MB/s).
    So I unpluged and repluged, took a minute but then remounted again no problems. Did it again. I turned the Mobile Network back on, and pluged/replugged. Seems to work. So my guess is that there is some sort of conflict when the Wifi network is enabled on the phone. I hope they fix this.
    Let me know if it works, Chris.

edited: fixed- turned drive letters into smilies
    edit 2: I don't have a data plan on my cellular network, so you might have to disable both
    I too having the same problem. I tried the method mentioned in the above post but no luck could anyone suggest any other help. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 04:33 PM
    First and above all, download and install latest version of link/blend on your computer (AFAIK you need Link installed for wifi sharing). Start link, plug, register device and check parameters.

Then, on the device :
    - be sure to disable all the switchs in Storage & Access / USB settings.
    In particular "Mass storage", this will turn your device into a USB stick but only grants access to SD.

Alternative (not tested)
    BlackBerry released a new set of drivers for the Priv, which apparently includes BB10's ...
    If you dare to give it a try and don't want to install Link/Blend : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...inkId=18680509
    01-08-16 05:56 AM
    okay, I had similar problem, see if it help:
    1. go to blackberry device manager, you can see it running on system tray.
    2. see on "connected device" tab, expand the "volumes", see if it already mounted, if not, right click and you ll have the option to mount it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	439 
Size:	1.6 KB 
ID:	211760
    3. to automatically mount the volumes, go to options tab and tick the "mount tablet volume on connect"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	435 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	211759

good luck
    This works guys, thanks man.....
    08-14-18 05:35 AM
  20. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    When I connect my phone to a PC I am able to see my phone's SD card mapped to a drive but NOT the device's internal 16gb of memory. I have tried this on two different computers. One running windows 7 and the other running g windows 8. Both PCs were running the latest version of link and the phone is running the latest OS. I have mass storage mode enabled.

Does the internal memory show up as a drive that I can drag and drop to? My torch always did.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    use blackberry link on windows 7 pc
    and than plug usb cable in your blackberry
    unlock/unpassword your blackberry device for doing connected easiely

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    08-15-18 02:27 AM
    use blackberry link on windows 7 pc
    and than plug usb cable in your blackberry
    unlock/unpassword your blackberry device for doing connected easiely

You do realise you are answering a 5 year old post here?

I guess the OP has moved on by now, probably using an Droidberry or something now.

Posted via CB10 using my P9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    08-15-18 02:14 PM
  22. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    You do realise you are answering a 5 year old post here?

I guess the OP has moved on by now, probably using an Droidberry or something now.

Posted via CB10 using my P9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    lol, just help it one.

08-16-18 12:16 AM