Help please.
    Just did back up and reset to try to fix battery life.
    Everything came back, except my favourite websites which were added to a homescreen.
    When I open them, and click "add to homescreen", then "save", then phone reads in small balck box, like it always did, ""item was saved to homescreen", but its not there...
    Tried several times, but nothing.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    04-08-13 08:47 AM
    My wife's phone was having that problem. Blackberry knows about it, but not the solution. I found the solution on Crackberry. You need to go into settings, change the language and maybe even region and then save a bookmark to home screen from the browser. There was mention that it should be a bookmark with www. in the url. It should then save the bookmark to your homescreen. You can then change back to your normal language. You do not need to reboot after the changes. In our case, we picked English uk and moved the region from Canada to USA.

I assume it is a permissions problem after the security wipe and when you change the language it writes to the file or directory the homescreen bookmarks are stored in and corrects the read/write permissions of the file.
    Mstylesberry and jerryeight like this.
    04-08-13 08:53 AM
    My wife's phone was having that problem. Blackberry knows about it, but not the solution. I found the solution on Crackberry. You need to go into settings, change the language and maybe even region and then save a bookmark to home screen from the browser. There was mention that it should be a bookmark with www. in the url. It should then save the bookmark to your homescreen. You can then change back to your normal language. You do not need to reboot after the changes. In our case, we picked English uk and moved the region from Canada to USA.

I assume it is a permissions problem after the security wipe and when you change the language it writes to the file or directory the homescreen bookmarks are stored in and corrects the read/write permissions of the file.
    Very good find! I love little tricks like this even if the problem doesn't happen to me now, it could in the future.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:02 AM
    Okay, that solution seems totally whacked, and at first, I don't know if it did anything, so I re tried, and nothing....
    But then, quickly and suddenly, IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank ypu SO MUCH!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:05 AM
    Very good find! I love little tricks like this even if the problem doesn't happen to me now, it could in the future.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't invent the solution, just found it via a Google search.

I had tried searching the forums here directly on CrackBerry, but what ever search algorithm they use on the forum software is not very good and a bunch of unrelated posts came up.
    04-08-13 09:09 AM
    Okay, that solution seems totally whacked, and at first, I don't know if it did anything, so I re tried, and nothing....
    But then, quickly and suddenly, IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank ypu SO MUCH!!!!

Posted via CB10
    My guess is the settings software had root or administrator privileges and it is able to fix whatever the problem was, likely permissions related.
    04-08-13 09:11 AM
    Ya, that's been an ongoing issue since day one. I have another issue as well. When I've completed a username and password and I save the page/data, for a period of time, it will go right to the URL bypassing the log-in page, like a desktop browser, but after some time, will always hit the log-in page, having the credentials already filled in, but forcing me to hit the submit button, so it's an added step.

Rule of thumb - Generally, when you click the "save to homescreen" button, if there's no picture in the icon, it won't save, even though it says it has. Always be sure to check all the home screen pages to see if it saved on one of them, because it can't save to a fully populated screen in any case.
    04-08-13 09:13 AM
    Well, whatever it was, you made my day.
    Now, if only I could get the good battery life that some people are claiming, then I would be doing back flips.....!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:14 AM

I've been trying this all day. Still can't get it right to work.
    04-16-13 07:34 PM
    Mine acted up again too.
    So lame.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:34 PM
    Exact same problem. Solution at the top doesn't seem to work either

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:08 AM
    Hi there,

After trying both solutions of language, region and deleting cookies etc, I changed the language and region to Italian and still the problem continued, I then gave up and changed them back to UK English.

I was then messing about with my email settings and folders and noticed that the email settings were in English, however the email folder settings were still in Italian. I then changed the language and region for the second time until the email folder language changed to English, rebooted the phone and everything now works as before.

The problem seems to be that because the software is not fully bedded in that the languages settings did not fully change/save and that the only permanent solution that works is as follows.

1) Change Language to US English (or UK)
    2) Change Region to another UK English (or UK)
    3) Delete Cookies and Data in Internet explorer
    4) Power down the phone, (not hard boot)
    5) Remove the battery and wait for 60secs
    6) Replace battery and power up
    7) Restart the phone
    8) Change language to home (yours)
    9) Change Region to home (yours)
    All Done!

Thanks
    Mstylesberry likes this.
    04-20-13 03:50 AM
    So dumb. I shouldn't have to do this every second day to add to my home screen .

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:51 PM
    I had my Z10 stolen last week, luckily I backed it up a few days before. After doing a restore to my new Z10 I can't save bookmarks to the home screen either, thought I was imagining things until I found this thread.
    After trying the all the suggestions it still won't save. It's got to be a permissions thing. What a pain in the neck!!

I hope BB find a fix to this problem soon.
    05-07-13 06:52 PM
    This may sound stupid but touch the "Saved to Home screen" when flashes. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 07:02 PM
    Just tried it and still nothing.
    It's almost like the home screen is write protected or something. I wonder if it's a bug in the BB Link software?
    Last edited by RobC450; 05-07-13 at 07:52 PM. Reason: typo
    05-07-13 07:52 PM
    Wow, this was stumping me.... . and WORKED...THANK YOU....I LOVE CRACKBERRY

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:27 PM
    Wow, this was stumping me.... . and WORKED...THANK YOU....I LOVE CRACKBERRY

Posted via CB10
    I'm still stuck. What steps did you do to fix it??
    Thanks a bunch
    rob
    05-07-13 10:05 PM
    It's working!!

Did a factory reset, restored my backup again and this time it worked. The only thing that was different was a new (released sometime this afternoon) update to BB Link.

I don't know if re-restoring fixed the problem or updating BB Link before the re-restore fixed it. Although my "gut" feeling is that the BB Link update solved it, because all my "home screen" short-cuts also reappeared (they were missing after the first attempt).
    05-08-13 07:39 PM
    Rob, please let me know if that solution is still working for you

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:09 PM
    Clear browser cache should fix that.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:37 PM
    Awesome, after trying what's you guys recommended, it works great. I will definitely pass this information forward, thanks a million.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 02:02 AM
    10.1 fixes this issue nicely!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:20 AM
    Updated and no problems after.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:36 PM