I started having issues with my Z10 At first I thought the camera wasn't saving my pictures, which was quite annoying. After snapping, it shows the small preview of the last photo, but when I browse "Pictures" (my OS is in spanish, I guess it's "Pictures" or "Photos", dunno) and the photos aren't there. It shows that the last photo taken was a few days ago.

Not only "Pictures" don't show these new photos, but also my PC doesn't sync them. So I thought that it was not saving them.

But then I used Ghost Commander to check the photos folder, and there they are, laying around along with those taken a few days ago (which do show on "Pictures"). So the files are there, same naming, same extension, similar file size and all, my device isn't running out of storage, nothing of the sorts. Tried rebooting and still nothing.

On a side and probably related note, my File Manager (the one that comes with the OS) stopped working. I open it, and it shows a white screen with the navigation icons at the bottom.

Any clues? Thanks!
    04-16-14 01:48 AM
    How did you reboot? (see below) Do you have an SD card? Is that where you save photos? What version of the OS do you have? Open Settings, scroll to the bottom and look for ABOUT. On the upper right is a drop down Menu, Find OS and post the various numbers you see.

When you see the thumbnails in the camera, tap it and open the picture. Now you can scroll left or right to see newer or older pictures. But while viewing any picture, tap is, then use the MORE.... menu on the bottom right and select Properties. It will show where the photos are stored.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    04-16-14 08:53 AM
    Tried a hard reboot turning it off and on, and it worked (when I said I rebooted it before, it was just a restart and I didn't know it was different). Will keep that in mind next time something goes wrong, before posting. Thanks!

When clicking the thumbnail and scrolling left or right, it did not show any of the recent photos, but those taken a few days earlier. Weird.
    04-16-14 09:14 AM
    Bye, Bye...
    Last edited by xenrobia; 05-04-14 at 06:03 PM.
    04-16-14 09:59 AM
    Having the same problem, photos taken only show up after reboot, but not all of them (how many reboots does it take?) BB10 file manager also doesn't show them. First thought this might be a problem having twittly installed, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 05:21 PM
    Forgot to mention, I'm on Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 05:22 PM
    Sorry, I was wrong, it just takes one reboot to have all photos taken appear in the gallery. Still weird

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 05:28 PM
    Sorry, I was wrong, it just takes one reboot to have all photos taken appear in the gallery. Still weird

Posted via CB10
    Where are you saving the photos to? Internal memory or sd card? What type of card and size if you are using one?

I had that issue. Photos would disappear for a while. I could find them in File Manager but not with the email attachment option or using the Camera app and looking at the last few taken - they were gone or hidden or....

If I save to internal memory they were there but not if save to the card.

10.3.xxxx has seem to have fixed it for me.
    10-04-14 05:50 PM
    Where are you saving the photos to? Internal memory or sd card? What type of card and size if you are using one?

I had that issue. Photos would disappear for a while. I could find them in File Manager but not with the email attachment option or using the Camera app and looking at the last few taken - they were gone or hidden or....

If I save to internal memory they were there but not if save to the card.

10.3.xxxx has seem to have fixed it for me.
    I'm saving them to the SD card, it's a 32gb one (Sandisk probably, I don't remember). If 10.3.1 is going to fix that, great I'll be patient and wait till it's released, no need to hurry

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 05:59 PM
    You can switch where you save them to Internal Memory. But if you do, remember to copy them to your sd card so that they are better protected in case something goes wrong.
    10-04-14 07:32 PM
    Hopefully 10.3 saves the day....annoying to have to reboot to temporarily correct the issue.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    12-02-14 05:21 AM