I have not been able to get the Z10 to establish a tethering connection over Bluetooth to the Playbook. Help is welcome.

I do have the tethering plan from AT&T
    The Playbook says Not Found.
    The Bluetooth is on and paired.
    The tethering feature is turned on in the Z10.
    The Bluetooth status shows for Service: BlackBerry Bridge connected.
    Z10 Blackberry Bridge status shows connected to the Playbook.
    04-02-13 08:18 PM
    Erm why don't you use mobile hot spot I believe the Internet tethering is used in conjunction with laptops and desktops

Posted on CB10 via Z10
    04-02-13 08:41 PM
    Bridge alone should do this for Internet... that's how I do it with my newly acquired PlayBook....

I would double check with carrier...

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z10
    04-02-13 08:51 PM
    Bridge alone should do this for Internet... that's how I do it with my newly acquired PlayBook....

I would double check with carrier...

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z10
    I'm with this post. What have you tried that isn't working? Once you've connected via bridge the browser should fire up nicely on the PlayBook.

Edit. From your title and description I'm confused as to what you are trying to do. Are you trying to tether the z10 to the PlayBook?? OR PlayBook to the z10.

I would think you are trying to connect the Pb to the z but I don't think it's clear.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-02-13 08:54 PM
    AT&T Tries to provision the Bridge app, to force customers into buying a tethering plan. Yes, bridge can allow you to surf with the PlayBook, there is a simple workaround for that.

Unfortunately, I cannot address the OPs direct issue since I don't have the tethering plan.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:58 PM
    why tether when you can bridge
    04-02-13 09:23 PM
    If you want to tether the PlayBook to your Z10 then turn the Bridge off. Otherwise just use the Bridge feature. You don't need them both.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:25 PM
    If you want to tether the PlayBook to your Z10 then turn the Bridge off. Otherwise just use the Bridge feature. You don't need them both.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. I have had the Playbook for 2 years and used it with a Torch 9810. I used the tethering a lot to have internet on the Playbook through the 9810 when not around a wifi. With that, the Bridge was on all the time and tethering is started from the Playbook with that option regardless of the Bridge.

What you are saying is that with this Z10, I don't need the tethering turned on in the Z10 if I have the bridge going. Makes some sense as the 9810 did not have the tethering on/off feature as the Z10 does.

I will give it a try.
    04-02-13 09:42 PM
    Interesting. I have had the Playbook for 2 years and used it with a Torch 9810. I used the tethering a lot to have internet on the Playbook through the 9810 when not around a wifi. With that, the Bridge was on all the time and tethering is started from the Playbook with that option regardless of the Bridge.

What you are saying is that with this Z10, I don't need the tethering turned on in the Z10 if I have the bridge going. Makes some sense as the 9810 did not have the tethering on/off feature as the Z10 does.

I will give it a try.
    Yup a few diff options now with the z10.

I use:

Bridge to browse on the Pb when I'm not in a wifi area.
    Tether to securely browse on my laptop instead of using wifi hot spots.
    Use the z10 hot spot to connect my other devices so that I only use the z10 ' s data plan.

Love the added choices we have now. Also found that the tether option to the laptop is so much easier. No more having to connect through desktop manager. It's instant.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    jgrobertson likes this.
    04-02-13 09:47 PM
    Delete the bridge app
    Take out the sim card
    Reload the bridge app by wifi
    Pair your PlayBook and z10 using the scan method.
    Replace you sim card
    Don't update the bridge app.

Posted via CB10

Sorry, just noticed you weren't trying to bridge, but tether.
    04-02-13 09:49 PM
    LTE playbook solves the issue just have a shared data plan 5gb I have.

Plus if u not have LTE version, then just use hot spot feature on the z10 as the z10 will act like a router does and it's fast, I use hot spot with my laptop

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    04-02-13 10:06 PM
    I'm trying to tether my PlayBook to my Z10 for Internet (without using the hotspot feature). I have BlackBerry Bridge on. I've seen some people say that it should connect to the Internet via Bridge. Is this true for all apps? I do sometimes get Internet on my PlayBook when I use the browser.
    However, it keeps saying Z10 not found when I try Bluetooth tethering. Do I have to add a custom profile (not sure what I would enter there, if so).

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 03:23 PM
    I think the connection is already in use by bridge so the Bluetooth connection would be busy. Just Bridge it. It won't work for bb world or some apps but it works for a lot. Even gps if you have a strong connection.

Z10 on 10.2.1.2947
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    07-27-14 07:57 PM
    I think the connection is already in use by bridge so the Bluetooth connection would be busy. Just Bridge it. It won't work for bb world or some apps but it works for a lot. Even gps if you have a strong connection.

Z10 on 10.2.1.2947
    Great, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 08:38 PM