So far, I love my new Z10. Except for the music experience.

I updated all of my mp3 ID3 tags, and after I did that, it started playing the wrong song with the wrong tag. (So my Beatles song was playing saying it was the Rolling Stones..yeah). So, in the name of science, I just pulled all of my songs off the phone. That's fine, gives me a chance to reorganize. But there are two artists that will just not delete off the phone. When I bring up Link, it says I have no files in my music. Pulling up the actual micro SD in Windows Explorer also says I do not have anything. When I try to play the files, it cannot because of an error. So they're just ghost files, but they won't leave, and it's messing things up if I decide to either Play All or Shuffle All. I feel like these ghost files are what's mixing up my music to begin with.

I didn't see anyone else having this issue, but I have no idea what to do, because they will just not delete off my phone. Help!
    03-28-13 11:35 AM
    Having the exact same issue here as well, your not alone on this one. Tried many times to delete everything. Only solution I can think of would be to restore the whole phone but don't want to go through that process.
    03-29-13 09:00 AM
    Rob, I'm sorry you're having the same issue. I eventually did just have to pull everything off my SD card, and reupload all of my music to my SD card** (didn't have to wipe my phone or anything). It was about a 7hr process, but it seems to be working just fine now. I'm still not a huge fan of BB Link music, as it's still not listing all of my music that's actually on my phone. I hope you can find a process that's not as tedious.

**That is to say, I pulled *everything* (music, pics, whatever) off my SD card, and formatted it through the phone, and reuploaded everything. It was incredibly tedious, but it was also a chance for me to re-organize.
    Last edited by agitatorswaltz; 04-13-13 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Added clearer info!
    04-13-13 09:55 AM
    I have had this issue continuously even after the wipe though the other day I wipe the SD card through the phone and then reformatted. Synced with link and so far everything is working so hopefully stays this way.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:41 AM
    Same issue but its on my phone internal memory not an sd... one song is listed but not actually there and it messes up my entire playlist, saying its playing a certain song but its actually playing a song one more spot down the list

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:41 AM
    Same issue but its on my phone internal memory not an sd... one song is listed but not actually there and it messes up my entire playlist, saying its playing a certain song but its actually playing a song one more spot down the list

Posted via CB10
    hi same exact problem on internal one file messing up everything and i dont want to do a wipe as i have to install and copy all files and apps on phone again.

anyone found a solution yet?
    04-23-13 05:22 PM
    i have the same problem. i can't delete some files off music player even though the file manager confirms those files are not present. very annoying!!!!
    05-01-13 02:23 PM