Hi,

I got a message day before yesterday which I am not able to delete.

When I go into the message I can't see anything and I can't send any message to that number also... but notification stays.

I have tried deleting the message from hub and message app... I have tried to end chat... also I have rebooted my device with and without battery pull atleast 5 times each, but with no avail...

Is there anyway to make this OS defect removed from my phone?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 02:53 AM
    Happens to me often. Not sure why. It will delete eventually tho.

Posted via Z10
    08-22-14 03:19 AM
    This is normally the time when a reboot solves most of these problems. Try to restart the Hub before the reboot, perhaps this is enough.
    08-22-14 03:21 AM
    How to restart the hub?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:56 AM
    The reason I asked how to restart the hub, is because it gets automatically restarted once you switch off and restart the phone... also now the diagonal swipe from top right corner doesn't work to restart the hub...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:59 AM
    How to restart the hub?

Posted via CB10
    Swipe down diagonally from the upper right corner(the carrier signal area) multiple times in the hub until it resets itself.
    5 times I guess.
    Edit : 4 times

Via CB10 using Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1052
    08-22-14 05:03 AM
    Did this solve the problem?
    08-22-14 06:07 AM
    No message is still there... after restarting hub I tried deleting it, but it's still there...

The worst part is the propagate BlackBerry like anything to all my friends and family (and few have bought on based of my recommendation) , but whenever I face such small but irritating problems, they make sure to run it in my face, specially people using iPhone, as such issues are never heard of in iOS...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 08:18 AM
    It happens sometimes that text messages or even mails are not to delete. But I never had this issue for more than a day. Normally a reboot solves all that. It is also a good idea to execute the deletion from the topmost Hub screen, not from subordinate screens like chat conversations or mail folders. You could also try to remove the display of text messages at all from Hub (and then add it again).
    08-22-14 08:50 AM
    No message is still there... after restarting hub I tried deleting it, but it's still there...

The worst part is the propagate BlackBerry like anything to all my friends and family (and few have bought on based of my recommendation) , but whenever I face such small but irritating problems, they make sure to run it in my face, specially people using iPhone, as such issues are never heard of in iOS...

Posted via CB10
    Ha! "Such issues are never heard of in iOS"?? Are you kidding? IOS has bugs too, like ANY OS does. IOS has been around much longer than BB10 and they STILL have issues.
    It's a minor issue and will be fixed. No big deal!

Posted via Z10
    08-22-14 10:05 AM
    It happens sometimes that text messages or even mails are not to delete. But I never had this issue for more than a day. Normally a reboot solves all that. It is also a good idea to execute the deletion from the topmost Hub screen, not from subordinate screens like chat conversations or mail folders. You could also try to remove the display of text messages at all from Hub (and then add it again).
    No Broda, this also didn't help... I don't want to do factory reset for such a small issue...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:26 AM
    Advocacy is appreciated, but won't matter if you ain't got a resolution for such a small problem bro...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:29 AM
    Last message was for my friend Tdaye...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:30 AM
    So, this was just a regular email message? It is not a notification?

What if you log on to your email server using the web either a computer or even the phone's browser and see if you can delete the message at its source? That's the only one that won't delete?
    08-22-14 10:39 AM
    So, this was just a regular email message? It is not a notification?

What if you log on to your email server using the web either a computer or even the phone's browser and see if you can delete the message at its source? That's the only one that won't delete?
    No, this is for text message and not email client.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 12:14 PM
    Maybe have someone send another text message with the same type or exact same text. Then search for that info so only those texts show up. See if you can use the Delete Prior or some such for all showing texts in that search?
    08-22-14 03:11 PM
    Maybe have someone send another text message with the same type or exact same text. Then search for that info so only those texts show up. See if you can use the Delete Prior or some such for all showing texts in that search?
    That's a marketing message. And not sure when those buggers gonna send it again.... I think my luck is running out in this one...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 04:12 PM
    Delete message app... reboot, and re-install message app...

Might work ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-23-14 08:38 PM
    Delete message app... reboot, and re-install message app...

Might work ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    I am not sure how to delete the text message app... can you please tell me how to delete and reinstall it. thanks...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:29 AM
    I am not sure how to delete the text message app... can you please tell me how to delete and reinstall it. thanks...

Posted via CB10
    Press and hold... you'll see a little trash icon on top right corner... press there and you'll be asked to confirm delete...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-25-14 01:59 PM
    Press and hold... you'll see a little trash icon on top right corner... press there and you'll be asked to confirm delete...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    And how to reinstall it?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 01:22 AM
    And how to reinstall it?

Posted via CB10
    Download and re install it..

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 11:14 AM
    It is corrupted. you can try changing display style from conversation to single message. Exit. Then change it back and exit again.

If the text did not delete, you will need to wipe the phone.
    RohilChaddha likes this.
    09-05-14 04:24 PM