I love my z10 but I'm growing impatient...

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 01:43 AM
    Um, what?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 02:20 AM
    I'm slightly confused as to what you're talking about

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 02:29 AM
    Me too. Lost for sure.

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-28-14 06:46 AM
    Are you asking if BBM is available in a Google app? An Android app?
    12-28-14 07:04 AM
    Can't bbm just go along like everyone else and open up to the Google franchise?-rage-reason.jpg

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    12-28-14 07:17 AM
    Sorry, would it ever get Google apps

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 10:05 AM
    Without sideloading

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 10:06 AM
    Do you mean Blackberry, the company, and to adopt Android rather than OS10?

Ah, I see you clarified.....

You can download Android apps from the Amazon app store (bb and Amazon have an agreement). You can also sideload just ONE app, SNAP, and then use the Google Play store. Snap is discussed in the Android App subforum.
    12-28-14 10:08 AM
    Sorry, would it ever get Google apps

Posted via CB10
    Want Google apps, then buy phone that run Google software(android). You buy BlackBerry phone but you want to use Google software. Plain weird

12-28-14 10:09 AM
    Want Google apps, then buy phone that run Google software(android). You buy BlackBerry phone but you want to use Google software. Plain weird

Yet bb says buy our phone, we run android apps and even are telling people to use the amazon app store! Not so silly. Maybe bb should include saying Google services won't work and anything that needs them won't work. Weird indeed.
    Kurdis Blough, FF22 and WanShark69 like this.
    12-28-14 10:18 AM
    Yet bb says buy our phone, we run android apps and even are telling people to use the amazon app store! Not so silly. Maybe bb should include saying Google services won't work and anything that needs them won't work. Weird indeed.
    Have to admit a work colleague bought a Q10 with the intention of using some of his favourite apps that he loved to use on his old Galaxy. If he'd known they wouldn't work properly (or spoke to me first!) as they need Google Services he'd never have took the junp and bought into BlackBerry OS.

BlackBerry should play fair with consumers and warn them apps that rely on Google Services won't work.
    12-28-14 10:43 AM
    Have to admit a work colleague bought a Q10 with the intention of using some of his favourite apps that he loved to use on his old Galaxy. If he'd known they wouldn't work properly (or spoke to me first!) as they need Google Services he'd never have took the junp and bought into BlackBerry OS. BlackBerry should play fair with consumers and warn them apps that rely on Google Services won't work.
    At the same time, BlackBerry never mentions the fact it can run 'Google' apps. In fact, it implicitly says Android apps from the Amazon Appstore which does not contain Google services. And even after the fact, they warn you that some apps may not work upon install. Nowhere does it ever say BlackBerry is capable of running Google specific applications. People just hear Android and instantly relate it to Google.

The argument could go both ways and I tend to agree that it should be more broadly mentioned but at the same time, I also think people should be smart enough to do their own due diligence if it's GENUINELY a concern of theirs. Not looking into it and complaining about it after the fact boils down to it being their own damn fault.

Plus, have you ever tried explaining 'Google Services' to someone who isn't technically inclined? lol. It'd be easier to print out a list of apps that don't work Lmao!
    Uzi, kbz1960, FF22 and 3 others like this.
    12-28-14 10:47 AM
    At the same time, BlackBerry never mentions the fact it can run 'Google' apps. In fact, it implicitly says Android apps from the Amazon Appstore which does not contain Google services. And even after the fact, they warn you that some apps may not work upon install. Nowhere does it ever say BlackBerry is capable of running Google specific applications. People just hear Android and instantly relate it to Google.
    How true. Read the fine print.

Edit: android compatible

http://global.blackberry.com/en/smar.../overview.html

I think the wording may have changed since the Z3 was released.
    12-28-14 11:02 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rage reason.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	323731

+1 for Symbian. My last phone was a Nokia E7 and though I like the WP8 spin on newer Nokia phones I would love if they would go back to making their own products one day.

Posted with my Q10 using CB10
    01-06-15 07:53 PM
    +1 for Symbian. My last phone was a Nokia E7 and though I like the WP8 spin on newer Nokia phones I would love if they would go back to making their own products one day.

Posted with my Q10 using CB10
    The only one for me

01-07-15 08:46 AM