I've been trying to backup my Z10 on a PC with Blackberry Link. This is my first time connecting with Link, and this is a fresh install of the software. I can successfully connect the Z and even transfer pictures & docs between the two. But every time I try to backup, I get an error message: "This device is not associated with a Blackberry ID." However, I am logged into Blackberry ID on the Z - I have purchased and downloaded several apps - and Link is also signed into the same account. I've tried syncing while in airplane mode and after restarting both the Z and the PC. Even reinstalled Link - same issue. Any thoughts? Very, very frustrating.
    05-13-13 05:21 AM
    Log into BlackBerry World\ID online, and check to make sure your account shows THAT particular PIN for your BlackBerry.
    05-13-13 06:16 AM
    did you sign in into BBlink...link still need BBid
    05-13-13 06:57 AM
    never mind from me.. saw it
    05-13-13 06:58 AM
    Log into BlackBerry World\ID online, and check to make sure your account shows THAT particular PIN for your BlackBerry.
    Yes, I've checked Blackberry World online, and my account shows the PIN for my Z10. I'm logged into BB ID on the Z10 and Link, same PIN on both. I just tried using Link on a Mac, too, with no success. It shows the same error. Any other suggestions? This is my first backup, so I really don't want to wipe the phone and lose all my data, settings, etc., since I have nothing to restore with.
    05-13-13 08:24 AM
    Are there any third party alternatives for backing up? I'm not optimistic that I'll get Link to work, and I don't want to wipe the phone without a backup. I love the Z10, but it's incredibly rough around the edges and is causing me to get increasingly frustrated...
    05-13-13 08:26 AM
    Have you checked BB support sites yet?
    I would take a look for you, but I won't have much time for a few hours.

Look here first:

Http://www.BlackBerry.com/btsc

BBRY's Technical Support Center is a good place to start.

Have you done some searches here in CB Forums too? Try "Link Backup" to start.

If you find your answer, please remember to post for any others that find your thread.
    Good luck!

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-13-13 10:24 AM