Hi all!

I have run into an issue today. I cannot type in the search field of my browser, I cannot use any of the other buttons on the page like 'images', sign in, ect.

Basically my browser is broken.
    I am able to type in all other fields, BBM, text messages, this post
    I have tried battery pulls and multiple restarts but nothing has changed.

I am running the latest 10.1 update from Rogers.

Has anyone else run into this? Or have a solution?

CB10 App, Z10
    05-18-13 08:13 PM
    *Bump*
    Gotta get this working!

CB10 App, Z10
    05-18-13 08:33 PM
    Have you tried reloading your os? Do a full backup using link and do a restore, should solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:35 PM
    I've had a similar issue using Google as my home page search engine. I went into the browser settings and changed my search engine to Bing and it would work without any problems. Finally, I changed it back to Google, then did a reset. Press and hold the power button like you're going to power the phone off, but keep holding the button. After 15-20 seconds release and power the phone back on. Hopefully that will solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    billsterjito likes this.
    05-18-13 08:40 PM
    I was hoping that it would be something simple. I will try to reinstall. ...

Thanks

CB10 App, Z10
    05-18-13 08:43 PM
    I've had a similar issue using Google as my home page search engine. I went into the browser settings and changed my search engine to Bing and it would work without any problems. Finally, I changed it back to Google, then did a reset. Press and hold the power button like you're going to power the phone off, but keep holding the button. After 15-20 seconds release and power the phone back on. Hopefully that will solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I will try that first, it is Google that I am using.

CB10 App, Z10
    05-18-13 08:45 PM
    Have you tried reloading your os? Do a full backup using link and do a restore, should solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Reloading an OS is and should be a last resort after other troubleshooting fails. Not sure why everybody's first response is to reload the OS.

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    05-18-13 08:45 PM
    I would rather not spend 40 min doing a backup. If I can avoid it.

CB10 App, Z10
    05-18-13 08:53 PM
    Because it usually just solves the problem, when it's a core app, it can become tedious to try and figure it out, not that many options if you can't type in the URL bar anymore... can always try contacting BlackBerry or carrier device support, which usually leads to the same amount of work, or I'm just really use to installing leaks every few days

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:54 PM
    OK, where can you not type exactly? URL bar, since that is what I think you mean? I haven't seen any other search bar...

Cannot use my browser-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:57 PM
    Because it usually just solves the problem, when it's a core app, it can become tedious to try and figure it out, not that many options if you can't type in the URL bar anymore... can always try contacting BlackBerry or carrier device support, which usually leads to the same amount of work, or I'm just really use to installing leaks every few days

Posted via CB10
    The fact that it's a core is not relevant. It's an issue with the Google search engine. If you go into the browser settings and change the search engine to Bing, Yahoo, MSN or whatever it works. That tells me it's a Google issue not an OS issue. Telling someone to reload without any other suggestions is a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:58 PM
    Or this?

Cannot use my browser-img_00000003.png

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:58 PM
    So I might have miss understood the question and accompanying information, as I read the post I assumed improperly that his browser was unresponsive even after reboots, thus the reload os as their might be other bugs/corrupted files that we don't know about, thus os reload would solve most of those, preventative measure of sorts. Again my logic might be flawed, but that's my 2 cents for that kind of problem. Mea culpa

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:03 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=808268

Similar thread with a few useful tips on how to unfreeze the browser with Google as a homepage.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:10 PM
    Ditto for me. It is not a Google issue either. Same result with bing and duckduckgo. Started happening on the 1762 leak and loaded the 1880 leak with same problem as I used the restore point I created with 1762. Went back to thw restore point from 10.0 and everything is fine now on 1880.

IBFE rocks.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-18-13 09:15 PM
    Or this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000003.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	163118

Posted via CB10
    This is what I cannot type in.
    The bottom bar will take text but nothing will happen when I try to initiate the URL. None if the Google page will work at all.
    I switched to Bing but the page will not load.

CB10 App, Z10
    05-18-13 09:17 PM
    OK have you tried http://www.google.ca/?T=it should refresh the cache clear all your browser history and cache, see if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 10:53 PM
    OK have you tried http://www.google.ca/?T=it should refresh the cache clear all your browser history and cache, see if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    really? all that by clicking on a link? awesome!

Sent from an ATM
    05-18-13 11:21 PM
    Try a hard reset

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:33 PM
    It's a link I saw in another forum in which it helped, dont know if it will in this case, could be a DNS issue, many factors to look into...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I tried this link and it will open a use able Google screen that I am able to search off. But once I open the Browser application again nothing will work. I have tried a Hard reset a few times and nothing.

I'm going to sleep on it and reload the OS in the morning if it still doesn't work.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

And thanks to all for the help...

I will post the results tomorrow

CB10 App, Z10
    05-18-13 11:40 PM
    Just an update for all who were following this thread.

I ended up having to wipe and restore in order tomorrow get Browser working again. I have no idea what caused this issue but I was fortunate that I had done a back up at the being of the week.

The person I talked to at Rogers had said that this was not a common occur as far as he knew.

Thanks again for all the support.

CB10 App, Z10
    05-19-13 11:19 PM
    Just an update for all who were following this thread.

I ended up having to wipe and restore in order tomorrow get Browser working again. I have no idea what caused this issue but I was fortunate that I had done a back up at the being of the week.

The person I talked to at Rogers had said that this was not a common occur as far as he knew.

Thanks again for all the support.

CB10 App, Z10
    you did the only thing proven to work. not sure why it happens however. i had to do the same thing. but, mine was installing a new leak, which wipes it nonetheless.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:18 PM
    I still have not figured out what exactly caused this but what I do know is that I have a restore file that is corrupt. The one that i reinstalled was a backup made after the 10.1 upgrade. I had made another 2 days later and when I tried to re install that backup same problem. The difference is only 30 MB between the 2 files.

All is well now.
    Deleting the corrupt file and moving forward.

CB10 App, Z10
    05-21-13 10:22 PM
    Besides the basics, have you tried holding down the X button on the browser active frame? Other than that, try a restart.
    05-21-13 10:24 PM
26 12