After excitedly opening up the package containing my new Z10 and setting it up, I don't have any sound on an incoming call. I've checked in settings and increased the volume slider. It's mode is set to normal and I've changed ringtones a number of times and tested. STILL it doesn't ring out when the call shows on my phone. Can anyone give me any pointers, please? Very frustrating indeed!

Jan
    02-05-13 07:13 AM
    Call RIM support or go to the store where you got them. You might have a defective one.
    jtramunto likes this.
    02-05-13 07:19 AM
    Stock ringers or your own? I have heard (take this with a grain of salt) that some files won't work as ringers depending on their bit rate... something to maybe consider maybe
    jtramunto likes this.
    02-05-13 07:24 AM
    I had this problem with tones. I tried lots of things that didn't work and then resorted to the one thing I had left...a battery pull.

My tones are now working.
    jtramunto likes this.
    02-05-13 07:27 AM
    Have now realised that bedside mode is on, hence why no notification sounds. Have been into the clock app and tapped off "notifications off" but still it shows the bedside mode icon on home screen. Yaaargh! Am I turning off bedside mode correctly?
    02-05-13 08:26 AM
    Hallelujah! Have managed to switch off the bedside mode so all is working brilliantly. I love the Z10 though it will take a little time to get used to. Thank you all for your input.
    02-05-13 09:00 AM
    Same thing happened to me... Not related to bedside... No LED either... Battery hard-reset fixed it...
    02-20-13 05:37 PM
    There is anther thread about this, it's tied to the blue booth or media player. I'm sure there will be an update prior to the US release. In the interm you will have to soft boot (shut down) the phone and restart after you disconnect from a blue tooth device.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:44 PM
    You don't need to do a hard reset with the battery. Hold down the power button at the top, then touch the screen in the bottom right when the power down screen comes up. You are good to go.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:47 PM
    I lost the ring tone on the phone. I ended up taking the battery and rebooted the device. Problem solved
    02-26-13 09:59 AM
    I also lost my ringtones but only when I was hooked up to the music gateway, turned off bluetooth and it was working fine. Hopefully a fix in the next release
    02-26-13 10:11 AM
    In notifications you Will fine at the bottom phone open it up and turn sound on
    That what happen to me hope that's helps

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:30 AM
    Where do I turn off the bedside mode? Can't find it and my sounds are still off
    05-04-13 07:44 AM
    Ow did u fix d problem
    07-21-13 02:13 PM
    Ma z10 won't ring on normal mode n won't play music too
    07-21-13 02:20 PM
    Hi All,
    New here. Please help, I love my Z10 but i woke up one day and my phone stopped ringing out. It's not on silent mode or bedside mode...all the volumes are at maximum. Please can anyone tell me what to do, i don't want to send to a repairer and have them mess with my phone.
    05-22-14 04:30 PM
    Hi All,
    New here. Please help, I love my Z10 but i woke up one day and my phone stopped ringing out. It's not on silent mode or bedside mode...all the volumes are at maximum. Please can anyone tell me what to do, i don't want to send to a repairer and have them mess with my phone.
    Download Blackberry Virtual Expert (it may be included in newer versions of the OS). It contains a series of tests. Run any speaker/microphone tests. (run others, too if you want)
    05-22-14 07:12 PM
    Download Blackberry Virtual Expert (it may be included in newer versions of the OS). It contains a series of tests. Run any speaker/microphone tests. (run others, too if you want)
    Option for you to simply test, 1. Speaker working? 2. Hitting notification change tone, upon change tones ringing. If these no defects, do reset the phone.if after reset device, ringing can't work. I suggest you deliver device to BlackBerry shop. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 09:58 AM