Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Cannot transfer data from old BB TO Z10

Hi all,

I'm having the hardest time trying to transfer my files, history, contacts, etc from my old BB (9780) to my new Z10. I've owned about a dozen BlackBerrys so I get the drill, I know my way around but in this case, anything I do, fails!

I've tried backup/restore service, I've tried connecting my 9780 to BB Link and transfer it from there, I even tried transferring all files via media card - no luck! It transfers some information like my recent texts, however when I open each text, convos are empty. My contacts are completely missing. It transfers my task names but when I open each task, there's no content. My calendar events are missing too. It shows birthday's but appointments are missing. You get the point. Looks like no matter how I try, the restore only grabs partial information.

Any help? I'm out of ideas :/ this is really frustrating!
    Last edited by Pete Carter; 02-08-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Hello, thank you for purchasing a BlackBerry Z10 and welcome to CrackBerry!

It appears that there is an issue with one OR several of your databases (such as contacts, tasks, etc.). Please try wiping and restoring but skip databases that are currently know to create issues. Please consult the following BTSC articles:

KB33523-After migrating to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, settings, data, or applications, are missing

KB33653-BlackBerry 10 device is not able to send or receive text messages after restoring SMS messages data from BlackBerry 7 or lower device

KB33578-Contacts are not migrated to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone if contact groups exist

KB33606 Word Substitutions are not migrated during a device switch from BlackBerry OS to BlackBerry 10 smartphones

and lastly:
    KB33322 How to migrate data from a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and above to BlackBerry 10

I would suggest wiping and then reloading while skipping 1. text messages, 2. contacts and 3. calendar. After, I would try loading them in order of importance.
    Last edited by b320; 02-09-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,521 Global Posts

With your old device, can you use Desktop Manager to backup, and then use it to 'switch' device to your new BB10? That should transfer the data, no?

PS: I deleted your other duplicate thread...
    Instagram: iamivanwilliams
    Twitter: iamivanwilliams