Hello,
    I have been at this all night and it's driving me crazy.
    I lost my z 10 recently but thankfully i backed it up just 2 weeks ago.
    I got a new z 10 and tried to do a restore from the last back up to the new phone but it does not import any contacts, bbm, emails , media , apps..etc
    I tried re-installing link, factory resetting the phone , disabling my firewall , etc but to no avail.
    Can someone please help me
    I am currently running the newest version of the OS and link

Thanks
    01-22-14 07:01 AM
    Hello,
    I have been at this all night and it's driving me crazy.
    I lost my z 10 recently but thankfully i backed it up just 2 weeks ago.
    I got a new z 10 and tried to do a restore from the last back up to the new phone but it does not import any contacts, bbm, emails , media , apps..etc
    I tried re-installing link, factory resetting the phone , disabling my firewall , etc but to no avail.
    Can someone please help me
    I am currently running the newest version of the OS and link

Thanks
    have you logged in on both the phone and Link using your BB World ID?
    01-22-14 07:54 AM
    ... I got a new z 10 and tried to do a restore from the last back up to the new phone but it does not import any contacts, bbm, emails , media , apps.
    Link doesn't backup any messages or contacts or calendars that are based on an online accounts such as outlook.com or gmail or yahoo. For those accounts, usually the account settings are restored but, after restoring, you have to reenter the password.

I use Link to keep my BlackBerry contacts & calendar sync'd with MS Outlook 2007 on my Windows 7 laptop. If I have to restore from backup, I run the contact & calendar sync after the restore from backup is completed.

If you enabled the option to "Save Chat History" in BBM, your chats and bbm contacts should be restored after you enter your BBID.

All your media files should still be stored on your memory card.

BB10 apps should all be backed up & restored by Link.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 08:06 AM
    You say your running the "latest software", what version are you currently on, and what version was the backup from?

Only reason I ask, if the backup was from a 10.1 OS, and the phone your trying to restore is on 10.2, there was issues with restores because BlackBerry changed where some data bases were in the OS.
    01-22-14 08:09 AM
    All your media files should still be stored on your memory card.
    Doesn't do any good when the OP LOST his original device, which also means he more then likely lost the SD card that was in the device also.
    01-22-14 08:11 AM
    Firechest backup app is free and loads all of these things to a Dropbox account.
    In the future,use that app in case you lose your device again.
    01-22-14 08:41 AM
    Doesn't do any good when the OP LOST his original device, which also means he more then likely lost the SD card that was in the device also.
    Oooops... point taken. Note to self: never post to the forums before finishing my first coffee.

Well, Link does have allow you to sync your media files to your computer. Hopefully the OP used that.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:28 AM
    You should really have your first coffee by 10 am.
    01-22-14 09:53 AM
    It's not 10 a.m. here yet... I'm in the Mountain time zone. 9:40 here right now. FYI: in this modern world with instant communication, remember: not everyone is located in the same time zone as you are.

I posted that comment a coupla hours ago... around 7:30 local time.

BUT WHO ARE YOU TO DICTATE TO OTHERS WHEN THEY MUST DRINK THEIR FIRST CUP OF COFFEE???

LOL

Posted via CB10
    sam81 likes this.
    01-22-14 10:39 AM
    Sometimes the backup file needs to be changed to the correct "version".

Check this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=885323

I put some step on how to do just that. Can't guarantee that'll fix it, but it might.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:49 AM
    It's not 10 a.m. here yet... I'm in the Mountain time zone. 9:40 here right now. FYI: in this modern world with instant communication, remember: not everyone is located in the same time zone as you are.

I posted that comment a coupla hours ago... around 7:30 local time.

BUT WHO ARE YOU TO DICTATE TO OTHERS WHEN THEY MUST DRINK THEIR FIRST CUP OF COFFEE???

LOL

Posted via CB10
    Lool I never thought of that!

But you crossed me so...
    NO COFFEE FOR YOU!!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-22-14 11:41 AM
    Okay. Using current os, no leaked updates.Z10
    Lots of comments and suggestions.
    My question
    What is a good strategy to backup contacts, emails, whatever else is critical data.
    Easy and simple and secure.
    I understand that apps can be reinstalled from bb world but how about data associated with those apps.
    I don't like the permissions with some cloud accounts.
    Is there an option to buy secure cloud space?
    All comments, suggestions welcome
    01-22-14 07:10 PM
    I'm in this situation now. recovered a stolen phone after the system had been wiped by Blackberry Protect. It is a Z10, I have a new Z10 that I have been using. Can I restore my old Z10 to a backup made from my new Z10? I'm also a gamer, will it restore APP and game status. What about Amazon APP status? It is actually my wife's phone.
    01-24-15 09:53 AM
    01-24-15 09:24 PM