Since upgrading to T-mo's 10.2.1 release recently, I've not had the option to lock my device. I can toggle the numeric password option, however it doesn't then prompt me to set a password. Any help is much appreciated. My goal here is to set a numeric password, but the lock option at the top is shaded and unusable. See below..
    Cannot lock device-img_20140315_063820.png
    Cannot lock device-img_20140315_063828.png

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:40 AM
    Reboot yet? Try if not. Sometimes that will cure the issue.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    03-15-14 08:46 AM
    That solution didn't resolve it unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:30 PM
    Hmmmm..... on my phone I would use an autoloader to wipe the phone and reinstall the OS. That is a simple process but a daunting prospect if you have not done so before.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    03-15-14 12:36 PM
    While I doubt this is the case, check under Security for Parental Controls.
    03-15-14 01:27 PM
    F2.. so my new question now is how truly stupid are you or are you just oblivious to how stupid you may be.. that you may "doubt this is the case" when there are to very evident screen shots which support evidence to what my original stated issue was.. And yes, parental controls had already been checked as a possible answer.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 11:12 PM
    F2.. so my new question now is how truly stupid are you or are you just oblivious to how stupid you may be.. that you may "doubt this is the case" when there are to very evident screen shots which support evidence to what my original stated issue was.. And yes, parental controls had already been checked as a possible answer.

Posted via CB10
    I think he meant that his suggestion for the problem / solution being under parental control is doubtful..not your original problem

How about turning on developer mode on your phone by which it'll ask you to enter a password and then check to see if the option is on and active or not. A word of caution, if you do manage to set a password but your device password option is still grey then you may not be able to turn off your device password so yeah that could happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 11:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yooooo, take a chill pill man
    F2 has always been of great help, I see him help people around a lot. He just doubts that parental control may be the culprit, but thought you should try it anyway

Are you by any chance connected to BES or have the phone connected to your office mdm?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 12:24 AM