Sorry contacts are on the 9900, not media card Patrick. Lol, just waking up!!
    06-26-14 04:45 PM
    heya guys.
    well, my laptop and the Q10 spent the day in the shop with the pc doctors. I tried to get them to not only get the media to show in Link ( sync relationhips loading swirly just continually swirling, and cannot see any media on the device in Link), and to help to get the contacts to sync, as I keep getting the message 'failed to commit changes to device.'

they uninstalled and installed Link, removed the device in link and re installed it. checked all NEW hard drive, drivers, registry, updates, etc etc. Nothing. No love. No sync relationships. No media in Link showing from device. No contacts to computer or computer to device. No sync at all.
    I found this thread a moment ago, but how the hell can RIM expect someone like me to follow this???
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...34/index3.html
    the PC doc spent a few hours also trolling this site and BB online for answers.
    Some are saying the sync with the media is because there are more than 50 picture or songs in a file!!! WTF.
    Some are saying reset the device. Can't be bothered, and to be honest, i have no idea if Link has even backed up properly, so how the hell can I now restore????
    Some are saying that it is the SD card, that it may not be a class 10 card, needs to be a high speed card to be seen in Link??? WTF?????
    The reasons go on..........

This is nuts, all of this. Again. I appreciate that some of you have Link running ok. HOW????
    This forum alone is littered with BB loyalists like me that have simply been dumbfounded by how many issues there are with LINK, you get over one issue, i.e the NAME OF THIS THREAD- unable to INSTALL the stupid thing, then after $$$$$$ it is now installed and is basically nothing more than a headache, with a buffet or more issues, take your pick what headache do you want with your phone and Link today?
    It's just RUBBISH blackberry........................................ ...you should be able to INSTALL software, like we ALL did with desktop Manager, and it WORK!!!!, and if there are bugs and issues, for God's sake UPDATE it and FIX it!!!!!
    I can't run my business with LINK. I can't live knowing that everything I do is from my phone and my whole life, photo;s video's, contacts, calendar etc all on my phone, and I can't do anything to GET THEM OFF OF IT, except to use the Q10 as a mass storage drive and drag and drop , or send my contacts, one by one from my phone to outlook, or outlook to my phone.
    JUST RUBBISH RIM!!!!!!
    I'm PISS3D off now more than I can express!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It;s LINK> and if my PC guys can't work it out, then who can??? all I wanted to know is that my new hard drive was OK after all of this mucking around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so, venting over, can ANYONE now fill me in on ways to sync? OTHER THAN LINK??
    -THIRD PARTY APPS? backup pro example? any others?
    - mass storage on, and drag and drop?
    -what about contacts and calender? any third party apps?

Would love some ideas.
    I LOVE this phone. BUT.......................really, is this how it should be? I think not.
    IF BBLINK cannot sync for example outlook contacts with photo's or logo's, when it could previously, FIX IT<> IF there are issues with calendar entries not syncing, FIX IT. If so many of us cannot load a 'sync relationship', send us a patch or update to FIX IT!!

Loyalty. I shake my head. Shame Blackberry. Shame.
    06-27-14 05:36 AM
    There are a couple of apps on BB World that will also back up your phone. One will even back up your contacts at the same time. Most people are not having these issues. Some are, but not most. I have a Vista desktop, a Win 7 Laptop and a Win 8.1 laptop and it runs just fine on all of them.

However, I am not running outlook. If you are.
    Last edited by scrannel; 06-27-14 at 02:06 PM.
    06-27-14 12:33 PM
    I have kept reading, with no luck with the sync relationships. Not established and no media card being seen in link,
    I have however followed the steps from a few threads re syncing the contacts. I have the following settings
    One way sync from device to outlook
    Do nothing when conflict.
    Do not sync calendar.

I now have my contacts to outlook. As soon as I set it for default two way contacts and calendar and alert with the conflict it crashes with unable to commit to device message in report.

As for the media sync, I have no further breakthroughs with link.
    I have also installed backup pro and using the q10 as a mass storage device re transfer of media. SD card can also be inserted in computer and read/ transferred that way.
    I can't give up.
    06-28-14 05:01 AM
79 ... 234