Hi,

Hopefully quick question on if I use a Rogers SIM on my unlocked but T-Mobile branded Z10.

If I get Rogers 10.1 and don't like it, how can I revert back to T-Mobile's current 10.0.10.85?

I would know the answer for legacy BBOS but I'm hoping there is an easier way for BB10 perhaps with Link? Or am I going to have to go to their website and download it and push it to my phone and then restore everything since it isn't OTA?

Thanks.

~STV
    05-15-13 12:41 PM
    I'm not actually sure but I believe it should work, certain carrier in canada will have their phone work on certain carriers in the US. I believe that should be fine, as for reverting I would assume you would have to do a full wipe with factory reset. Not sure if it will automatically update to 10.1 upon initial start up. Just these are my assumptions don't take my word on it.

FYI, when I got my Z10 in March STL-100-3. It was already unlocked by Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:47 PM
    Hi,

Hopefully quick question on if I use a Rogers SIM on my unlocked but T-Mobile branded Z10.

If I get Rogers 10.1 and don't like it, how can I revert back to T-Mobile's current 10.0.10.85?

I would know the answer for legacy BBOS but I'm hoping there is an easier way for BB10 perhaps with Link? Or am I going to have to go to their website and download it and push it to my phone and then restore everything since it isn't OTA?

Thanks.

~STV

you go to BBRY website under software update after reinserting your usa sim card in then reload to your carrier
    05-15-13 01:02 PM
    you go to BBRY website under software update after reinserting your usa sim card in then reload to your carrier
    That's what u figured.

Will this wipe everything and require a restore though?

~STV
    05-15-13 01:23 PM
    That's what u figured.

Will this wipe everything and require a restore though?

~STV
    I have done it...it will restore the carrier os and of course it will wipe the leak
    05-15-13 01:26 PM
    the way it works after installing the 10.1 with Rogers update...if you want to reverse.

1- Insert back your T-Mobile sim card in
    2-turn off phone
    3-go to BBRY website
    4-sofware
    5-update software
    6-BBry 10 os
    7-update on the web
    8-click on ckeck for update, a window will open saying device connection
    9-plug, turned off phone, in then your PIN will show up> press ok
    10-another window will open
    11-follow instruction

that is how it been done....easy
    05-15-13 02:02 PM
    but on the other hands some after upgrading to 10.1 got their phone PIN locked

so make sure you have the bill of purchase of your phone.
    05-15-13 02:04 PM
    It works, that's what I did.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:06 PM
    but on the other hands some after upgrading to 10.1 got their phone PIN locked

so make sure you have the bill of purchase of your phone.
    I can't fathom how or why that would happen...you mean like a stolen phone?!

I ordered an inactivated SIM from eBay so how can that happen?

I do have my bill of purchase but god forbid if this happens and T-Mobile says something to the degree of "You altered your phone, nothing we can do" then what??

~STV
    05-15-13 04:43 PM
    I can't fathom how or why that would happen...you mean like a stolen phone?!

I ordered an inactivated SIM from eBay so how can that happen?

I do have my bill of purchase but god forbid if this happens and T-Mobile says something to the degree of "You altered your phone, nothing we can do" then what??

~STV
    never mind about that one it is in the wrong thread
    05-15-13 05:42 PM
    confuse here for second....I am just saying that some peoples on rogers updated to 10 .1 and their phone PIN got locked for some reason

read the thread "Device pin blocked after update"
    05-15-13 05:47 PM
    before you update through rogers
    05-15-13 05:47 PM
    ok you've read it
    05-15-13 05:52 PM